🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Milann’s mutterings through retirement

Options

Comments

• Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    How nice to see old friends 😊 I know what you mean about shops not having the same stock they used to. I was looking for trainers and found some that said John Lewis so I went to my local JL but they only had about three pairs of trainers in the store so you would have to order them online. I've been looking for weeks now but have given up in store and ordered online now
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,649 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I went really mad and have treated myself (again 😁🙄👍) this morning. I had my nails done for the first time in years. I also had my eyebrows done as I got quite a shock when I had the makeover last week at the 2 very hairy caterpillars above my eyes 😵‍💫😳
    January spends - £587.58
  • WinterWarrior
    WinterWarrior Posts: 5,774 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Lovely. What colour nails did you go for? 
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £1000 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 2lb so far
    My WW and friends diary is here 😁 … 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6259606/must-try-harder/p1

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You’re lucky to have eyebrows still, mine are so fair they have almost disappeared 🙁 Glad you treated yourself - you’re worth it ☺️
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • milann
    edited 1 March at 9:31PM
    Options
    Oops didn’t mean to press send ☺️
    It is 11 over years since I paid to have my nails and eyebrows done….for dds wedding. I was treated to a nail voucher 6 years ago but I picked the gel off and it totally wrecked my nails. I did say I’d never have it done again but I succumbed today. I won’t pick them off this time though 👍
    I’ve made a couple of cards this afternoon and sorted everything to take for our couple of days away. Tomorrow I’ll have a tidy up and will probably see ds later in the day. I’m having 2nd thoughts about the trousers and top I bought. I might just take a dress with me….not the one I wanted to wear it a different one. I’ll play it by ear and see how I feel on the day. I’ve turned up Dh trousers - correctly this time. I don’t believe how I turned them up the wrong way….I’m putting it down to lack of sleep and having things on my mind. I’m also putting my recent spending splurge on having things on my mind…think my friends illness got to me ……but I will reign in when I come back.
    I think Dh is finally thinking about giving work up….he’s mentioned it a few times in this last week or so. I’m hoping he will in one way as I enjoy spending time with him and doing things but I also quite like my days on my own to get on with things…..or not 😝 whilst he’s at work. I’ll see it when I believe it as he’s said this before.
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Options
    We arrived home last night after a lovely few days being spoilt rotten. The ceremony was more moving than I imagined it might be (I didn’t quite know what to expect) and the people I was a tad concerned about meeting were great. We all got on like a house on fire…..helped by the fact that Dh and in-laws Dh worked at the same prestigious hotel kitchen many moons ago but at different times. They both knew several of the folk who worked there and stories were exchanged. The few days passed all too quickly and I think I’m feeling post event blues today. I’d looked forward to it and now it’s over I feel a tad sad. I’ll bounce back once things fall back into normality. I ate, drank and spent way too much. Line was drawn this morning when I visited SW at 7.30. I’d put 1 lb on but expected much more, so I’m happy with that. I need to pay what I spent on my cc then that’s done with and I can tighten the belt for a while 👍 There we’re no late nights though and we were tucked up in our cosy room watching tv most evenings…with a little something scrumptious to enjoy. 
    I managed to get onto aqua this morning and am going tomorrow. I can tell I haven’t been for a while as I’d really stiffened up - especially around my middle 🙄…I really need to keep this going without overdoing it as my ankle is still rubbish.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,723 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that you had a good time  :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    Options
    I made a curried cauliflower and chick pea soup this morning. Quite adventurous for me as I don’t do curry often. At the tellietubby service station (our name for a lovely farm shop service station we stopped at on the way to our recent trip) we saw a cauliflower and chickpea curry soup and we both thought it sounded nice but at a price I wasn’t prepared to pay 😱 So I enjoyed making my freelance version using some bits up. It was actually very tasty - trouble is - can I replicate it 😂😂 Anyway I made a panful for less than the price of a bowl 👍😁 There’s enough for at least a couple of bowls each too 👍
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you had a lovely time. The soup sounds delicious - hey look at you doing spicy 😆
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • milann
    Options
    The soup was indeed very tasty. Some cauliflower, celery leaves,  a broccoli stalk, carrot, onion and a tin of chickpeas. The spices I used were paprika,turmeric, a bit of garlic, coriander and korma powder and salt and pepper. There was just a hint of curry - which did very nicely for me 😂
    I went to aqua again this morning…..not a lot has been happening this afternoon other than a bit of catch up Corrie. A real anti climax after my busy couple of weeks. I have to admit I’m ready for a quiet time.
    I’ve got an appointment for breast screening tomorrow morning- my least favourite thing in the world but it’s got to be done. Ds has a day’s holiday so is coming round later and we’re heading to a pub that does a 3 course meal midweek for a very reasonable price. I don’t like going out on actual Mother’s Day….they hike the prices up and last time I went they were rushed off their feet so the service left a lot to be desired….so Mother’s Day will be tomorrow for us…..very apt as it would have been my mum’s birthday too. I’ll probably end up going round to ds on Sunday anyway but we won’t go out to eat.
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport