🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Milann’s mutterings through retirement

Options

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,649 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    And whoosh…….just like a tornado passing through they’ve just gone home. We visited my brother yesterday and Dd was looking at the museum on the website, she decided it said we had to book. So in a mad panic booked a session for 4 pm which was all that was available. Anyway we got to the museum about 3pm and decided to ask what the chances of getting in early were. The man behind the desk looked puzzled and said they didn’t take bookings…..dd duly showed her phone and she’d booked London not Manchester 😂😂😂 so we walked straight in. Goes to show how easy when the kids are pestering and you’re doing things on line how easy it is to make a hash up of things. Needless to say she’ll not live that down for a while 😂 A great time was had by all though. I spent £12 at Costco en route to the museum on pizza for lunch. I need to do some money crunching but I don’t think I’ve spent too much 😁
    January spends - £587.58
  • WinterWarrior
    WinterWarrior Posts: 5,774 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I used to love Costco when I lived near one. Did you manage to get out without a giant cake?
    it sounds like you’ve had a lovely time. Did the London booking cost money and can she get it back? It’s so easy to do things like that 😅
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £1000 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 2lb so far
    My WW and friends diary is here 😁 … 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6259606/must-try-harder/p1

• milann
    edited 18 February at 4:01PM
    Options
    Ww the London booking asked for a donation as do Manchester. Lovely man at Manchester cancelled the London booking for us and said the donation was fine as it all goes to the same group. 
    We went to York yesterday and had a quick mooch around  the outlet shops at the park and ride. I bought Dh a shirt, shoes  and trousers for the upcoming nuptials we’re witnessing. I did have a chuckle to myself as he quite fancied a waistcoat from one of the outlets. He picked up the size he used to wear…..then the bigger size and the next size and finally the next one up did fit but it didn’t have the patterns on the back he quite fancied so we didn’t bother. I think it gave him a big wake up call. I have been quietly making suggestions about the health benefits of loosing weight for a while now but it’s fallen on cloth ears. I’m hoping this might be what he needed.
    We visited the best cheesecake shop I’ve ever been to…..a treat when we visit York. I suspect I’ll have put a good amount of the half stone I’ve lost since Christmas back on over this last week as I’ve had a lot of treats I haven’t had for a while with the gks. I’m quite annoyed with myself although I did enjoy them at the time. But that’s it from today again now everyone has gone home and life is normal again. It is what it is.
    We managed to watch a light show on the art gallery before heading home in York which was lovely but last years one projected onto the Minster beat it by miles. I didn’t think we’d get to see it as it was pouring down with rain as we were in spoons having tea. 
    I did go into a slight panic……I’d put my Fitbit on charge before leaving home for a quick boost. Dh asked me part way through the day how far we’d walked. I hadn’t put it on…..although I thought I had. On the way home I was looking at my phone…..not thinking I looked at said ap. it said I’d clocked up 15,000 steps. I was convinced I must have dropped it, (but couldn’t understand where as my coat has a right elastic cuff,) and somebody had picked it up and was wearing it 😱😱 it was the first thing I checked when I got home and there it was still attached to the charger. It’s totally baffled me….the only thing I can think is it’s read the phone’s  stepometer……🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️…..answers on how my gadget has clocked up steps whilst sitting on my kitchen workshop would be greatly appreciated. 
    £80 spent - not planned but very much needed 👍
    A lazy day planned although I want to sort the bedrooms out and and get them back to normal. Dh has folded the put you up beds away for me - a job I really struggle with so I just want to throw the washing in and put some things back in their rightful places. Tea will be some sort of eat ups from the fridge.
    I’ve got a lot of diaries to catch up on so will do that over the next couple of days.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,723 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    It would indeed be the counter on your phone.  
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    Options
    Thanks Beanie….thought we had energetic house visitors whilst we were out 😂😂
    January spends - £587.58
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sounds like a lovely visit from the family and that cake sounds yummy 😍😍 I fancy some lemon curd now 😀
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • WinterWarrior
    WinterWarrior Posts: 5,774 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I wish my Fitbit would count someone else’s steps 😅
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £1000 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 2lb so far
    My WW and friends diary is here 😁 … 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6259606/must-try-harder/p1

• milann
    Options
    I went to aqua this morning then my friend came round. I’m gutted, I know she’s been concerned about her dh and been trying to get him to go to the gp for ages. Turns out she was right as he was rushed straight to A&E where they kept him in last week. The outlook isn’t good - I’m just gutted……
    My get up and go has got up and gone…..loads I should be doing but I feel as if I’ve had the stuffing knocked out of me, so I’m watching catch
    up Corrie instead. 
    £5 spent on bread and cold meat this morning.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,723 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So sorry milann 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    Options
    Thanks Beanie….
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income