Milann’s mutterings through retirement

Options

Comments

• MFWannabe
    MFWannabe Posts: 2,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    To open jars you need to let some air in 
    Get a knife or fork and just put it under the lid to ‘pop’ the lid; you will hear it pop; it’ll then open easily 👍
    31/03/24:  Debt total £12,400/13,192.13
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,635 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the jar opening ideas everyone. 
    We did our usual’s Friday morning activities. I really do enjoy the singing. We were going to go for a cuppa with Dh U3A group but both decided we were hungry so we headed to spoons where Dh treated us to a breakfast. It didn’t cost much more than a coffee at the fancy cafe the U3A group go to. 
    The sun was shining so we headed home with the intention of washing Millie Motorhome. She really looks a dirty, sorry state. We had to move the cars to get her in a position to wash her. We decided to wash the cars first….the white one in particular was awful. I was ashamed to see green growth around the number plate 😳 So with a joint effort….my role was mainly supervisory 😂😂😂 sorting the junk and cleaning the windows inside. Both cars are now sparkling. However we ran out of time and it was beginning to go dark, so Millie will have to wait until tomorrow.
    We are heading to Bristol for a few days on Thursday, however the weather doesn’t look brilliant. Think it’ll be rain, rain and yet more rain.
    Last time we enquired about getting Millie cleaned it was £50 😱 A basic wash to the outside of the cars is £12….£20 for the inside too. So we have done a good bit of money saving today 😁👍
    £5 spent in Ald! On bread and milk. 
    My brother would have been 80 today….sadly he was only 50 when he passed away. It seems much longer yet only last week all rolled into 1.
    January spends - £587.58
  • ladyholly
    ladyholly Posts: 2,991 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Rain is what Bristol does best. :D:D
  • milann
    Options
    I do love Bristol Ladyholly. We’re staying at a campsite by the river and it’s a lovely walk into town from there. We’re also heading to Bath to visit a relative.
    January spends - £587.58
  • ladyholly
    ladyholly Posts: 2,991 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a lovely time. Unfortunately the shopping centre is not what it was but I think that's the same most places. I only go there when I have a hospital appointment or a theatre trip but am always so disappointed that such a beautiful city has gone down so much. Don't forget there is a clean air charge for quite a large area if you travel by a non compliant vehicle.
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,391 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It always chucks it down whenever I go to Bristol 
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • milann
    Options
    We’re ok re the clean air charge. We’ve visited a couple of times Dh likes the market that has a lot of food stalls. I think we’ve been fairly lucky most times we’ve visited with the exception of  a time we stayed at a hotel for a couple of nights en route to Cornwall and it threw it down all the time we were there so we stayed in the hotel’s swimming pool. We won’t have that luxury this time 😳
    We had planned washing the motorhome this morning but it’s been raining all morning so we haven’t ventured out yet. It’s a lot colder than yesterday so my supervisory roll could well be from inside Millie as I’ll volunteer to do the inside. It isn’t actually bad as I did it when we arrived home after Christmas as dds…..but if you don’t tell Dh I won’t 😂😂😂
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    It’s actually a good day here & I have a couple of things on the line! 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    It's been chilly but dry in the leafy Cheshire suburbs, but just started drizzling.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • milann
    Options
    It stopped raining so Millie is sparkly clean……except the roof which Dh can’t reach even on our ladders. He keeps meaning to borrow some long ladders from work. Dh came up with a great suggestion that I do inside whilst he did outside 👍👍 it’s all ready to be packed up for our travels but I don’t want to do it too early as it’s rather chilly in there atm. The olive oil spray we keep in there is solid 😵‍💫

January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure