We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Milann’s mutterings through retirement

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,737 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds like you’re having a lovely time. Lots of nice food and drinks. 
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,690 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thought I’d posted a picture but no idea where it is 🤷🏻‍♀️
    The photos don’t do the food justice.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 27 January at 10:34PM
    Options
    It  looks yummy 😍😍
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • milann
    Options
    Today we had another ride to where our little river enters the sea. Ds had seen something about a Chinese cafe that does good food and wanted to visit. It has been there over 40 years and in a part of town that has probably seen a lot of changes since it opened its doors, it is definitely in the up and coming part of the town. It wasn’t a posh place but the food was lovely and the interior was basic but absolutely spotless. The lady who runs the place was chatting to us and was a real character. She showed us photos of herself with The Hairy Bikers who filmed there. Apparently it’ll be in the next series so I’ll watch out for that.
    We had a short walk along the river but it was very cold and windy….more so than when we were there last week for the beautiful sunset - even thought the actual temperature was much lower then….must have been wind chill factor today. We took shelter in one of the museums before heading home for a chilled evening. I was actually really tired and glad to get back to the car. It took us nearly 2 hours to get home…..it’s usually just about an hour. We crawled half way home in stop start traffic,  think we got caught up in football traffic. 
    Tomorrow is ds birthday so he has taken a day off work. He’s going to pick me up and we’re going for a ride somewhere. Probably to the big shopping mall as I don’t think the weather is going to be great. I need to nip out for a present before he arrives. I didn’t have a clue what to get him so I’m giving him money with just a token something to open. We’ve booked at a lovely Italian tomorrow evening. Tuesday I’m back to being really good with my food. But I’ve enjoyed the celebration weekend and will happily return to being on plan again 👍 That said I haven’t been bad at all today. I had a Chinese style broth with char Sui and noodles 👍 then cheese and a couple of crackers once we were home 👍
    January spends - £587.58
  • WinterWarrior
    WinterWarrior Posts: 5,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    A shiny new diary Milann…and food pictures! Sorry I’m late 😁
    it sounds like you had a lovely day ⭐️
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £1000 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 3 lb’s so far
    My WW and friends diary is here 😁 … 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6259606/must-try-harder/p1

• milann
    Options
    Good to hear from you Winter Warrior….you’ve been missed 👍
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Options
    Phew…..thought I’d lost all my saved threads. Ds set up my new I pad and this is the first chance I’ve had over the last few days to get on. I couldn’t find any of my bookmarked items on Google. Now I’ve found them I’ll have a catch up this evening 👍
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 91,053 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    milann said:
    Phew…..thought I’d lost all my saved threads. Ds set up my new I pad and this is the first chance I’ve had over the last few days to get on. I couldn’t find any of my bookmarked items on Google. Now I’ve found them I’ll have a catch up this evening 👍
    Thought you had gone off me  :lol:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 91,053 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I have done the freezer audit which never takes as long as I build it up to in my head.
    Only a couple of things to go in the food bin which is ok although I cannot tell you how much I loathe the food bin, Shudder.
    Hopefully have enough food to last until next week apart from a few fresh bits which is good news  :)
    I also have to have yet again try to get the lid off the mango chukney. Sigh.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    Options
    I’d never go off you Beanie. 🤩You’re a star 🤩
    Pleased you’ve got enough food in the freezer left to see the week through. January is an awfully long month……how many hundred days in it?
    I nearly chickened out of SW this morning. I knew I’d have put weight on. We went for the taster meal with wines on Friday. Dh has been wanting to visit a Chinese that he’d seen on line somewhere so we went there Sunday. Monday was his birthday and he’d taken a days holiday and picked me up, the weather was horrendous so we went to the big shopping mall. We had lunch in JLewisand enjoyed a free cake and coffee after a sandwich which they’d added a free bag of crisps for some reason. It was very nice although we were conscious of saving room for the meal on Monday night. We went to a much loved Italian - even lovelier because it had a 50% January offer on. We chose things we never usually eat in there to make sure we got good value and had 3 courses each 👍I stuck to soft drinks though…..I’d drank a months worth of wine on Friday night 🥂😂😂So I headed to SW expecting a big gain. I was just hoping I hadn’t gained everything I’d lost since the beginning of January. I gained 1 1/2 lb which I’ll call a win 👍 I honestly expected more…..but there was no way I was going to deprive myself over the weekend of Christmas present and birthday celebrations. I’m straight back on it today and my head space is right to stick with it. I’m hoping it’ll have gone by next week.
    I visited my brother yesterday to see how my sil was doing. That was just under £5 on the tram. Can’t wait till September when I finally get my bus pass(which you can upgrade to use the trams for £10 a year) 
    I should have been going to aqua aerobics today but I cancelled. I was really tired so decided a day at home would be more beneficial than overdoing it. I’m booked on tomorrow and a couple of days next week. We are heading out in Millie Motorhome next Thursday so I might end up cancelling one of them.
    Thats about my lot - I’ve paid my cc in full My spends for the month we’re around £600 which included a few fun things I hadn’t intended but all still within the budget so all ok 👍

January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure