🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Milann’s mutterings through retirement

Options

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,658 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another 1lb lost today. Slowly but surely I hope. Not sure how I’ll do next week as I’m out for meals 3 times…..1 of which is a 6 course tasting menu with wine 😳😁🥂 The others are celebrating a family birthday. That’s 3 meals out of 21……I’ll just have to make sure the rest are on plan 👍😁 I’m just heading to aqua aerobics and then I’ll pop into Morrison’s. After that I plan a couple of hours knitting under my heated throw 😁 I’ll update my spends after my shopping trip.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,736 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Exactly the way to look at it.
    3 meals out of 21.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    edited 24 January at 9:31PM
    Options
    Who was I trying to kid 😂😂😂 a couple of hours knitting. Only in my dreams I’m afraid. By the time I’d finished aqua and completed an extra 20 minute swim (the changing rooms are too crowded if you go straight in….they were queuing to get in the showers the other day 😱 and there are plenty of showers……January NY resolution time) The light the dashboard came on telling me I needed to buy petrol.I can’t complain as I haven’t put any in for a long time….it’s fallen when Dh has been using it 👍😁😂 So I filled up at the petrol station by the side of Mr Ms. From there I meandered  around the shop and I think I bought everything I needed. Got to the checkout and what did they give me …..money off petrol 😡😡😂😂😂😂. I mistimed that one  😵‍💫. Ah well…..it’ll have run out of time by the next time I need filling up as I don’t do many miles. I think the longest journey I take is to the gym….about 15 minutes. By the time I’d put the shopping away and sat down with a cuppa I heard Dh keys in the door and him shouting Hi. So my knitting is still in the bag, where I left it last night. 
    I made a creamy chicken and mushroom pasta dish for tea. Twas rather tasty. I have nearly a full tub of fromage frais left though so I think I’ll make some dips tomorrow. You really wouldn’t have known it was based around SW…..my own recipe but the only syns were for low fat cream cheese 😁 There’s even some left for tomorrow 👍 
    £100 spent on petrol, shopping and SW 😳
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,592 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I used to hate the queues at the gym in January. Blooming New Year’s resolutions 😖 Give it until mid February and most of them will have given up. 

Well done on the 1lb off 👏
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • milann
    Options
    A lazy day today. I’ve had a bit of tummy agro. Nothing serious but something that happens every now and then since I had surgery. I went  to aqua but that’s been my lot…..I’ve been watching British Menu on catch up. 
    I did cook the chickens I bought yesterday. I haven’t seen them 3 for £10 for a long time. So I bought 3, cooked them and portioned then into breasts, legs and wings. The wings were shredded as was the bits of meat from the carcasses. The chicken bits eaten along with roasties, sprouts and carrots for tea. The bare carcasses are in the slow cooker where they’ll stay overnight to make a nice stock for soup 👍 so from my £10 worth of chicken I’ll have had at least 14 portions of meat and there’ll be about 8 of soup…although I need to add veg and lentils  to the soup yet. The legs and breasts are frozen separately so can be pulled out ready to use whenever.  The gravy was gorgeous- just thickened juices from the roasting pan. 
    Tomorrow is the day of the 6 course tasting menu. I’m getting quite excited about it as it looks delicious. We’re going on the tram to meet ds where I went to the shops earlier this week. We’re going to have a walk around the waterside to build up an appetite. Then we’ll get on the tram again and head to the big city and we’re booked in to eat at 5 pm. I’d better remember to take the gift card 🤞😁 I’m going to the singing group first though and Dh to his U3A then we’ll bring the car home and head to the tram stop. 
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,736 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy the tasting menu ☺️
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Enjoy the tasting menu 😊
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Your planned day sounds lovely Milann
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • Sunshine_girl2
    Sunshine_girl2 Posts: 2,760 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Sat reading your diary at the Waterside place 😂. Enjoy the tasting menu it sounds lovely . Enjoy your walk 
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• milann
    edited 27 January at 5:12PM
    Options
    It’s a wonder we did see each other SA 😂
    it was a lovely day yesterday starting with the singing group. We dropped the car off at home and headed to the tram station. We had a bit of a walk around the waterfront where we met ds. We didn’t walk too far as we’d already walked to the tram. I do like it around there as there’s always something to see. The tram was caught again, this time into the big city. We went for a drink ….we kept to soft drinks though in anticipation of the wines with the meal. Then we headed to the restaurant. The food was so tasty. Only tiny portions but each one packed with intense flavours, we were surprisingly full by the end of it. Each course was accompanied by a different wine. I’m usually a glass or 2 at most of rose kind of girl but each wine was chosen to augment the dish and every one was delicious. My least favourite was the one and only red one. I don’t think I’ve drank as much wine for a very long time….probably back to my teenage years 😂😳 They were only small glasses but even so we got through a fair bit. It was a lovely experience and we felt very spoilt. 
    We strolled through the city just soaking in the atmosphere and ended the evening going for a another coffee, just to finish off. There’s no way I could have walked home from the tram so we ordered a taxi, which came very promptly. 
    I spent £14 over the day on the tram ticket and taxi. 
    It’s ds birthday on Monday so we’re going out for a cheap and cheerful something tomorrow to the place where our little river meets the sea and on Monday going to a lovely Italian restaurant nearby that has a 50% off January offer. It’ll be a mini miracle if I don’t put on at SW next week 😂😂😂
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport