Milann’s mutterings through retirement

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I was wondering where you'd got to - just found your new diary, better late than never, eh! 

Good idea to take out the membership if it's somewhere you might go a fair bit, and that it allows you to take others in with you makes it excellent value doesn't it.

I know from experience that continuing to wear swimming costumes after they've gone thin and lost their stretch is not a gamble that ought to be taken. Don't ask, just trust me on this... :lol: 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    😂😂😂😂 EH  I wasn’t prepared to risk the thin material on the costume after the backside ripping in my other costume. Luckily I put it on at home that day…..😳😳😳 and pulled the old one I’ve just replaced out. Sound like you were caught out too EH.
    OBL are lots of you tube  tutorials teaching the ukulele. Dh has used quite a few different ones.
    We had a good covering of snow this morning so I cancelled my aqua aerobics class. There’s no way I was going out in it. I set to and had a tidy up instead. It wasn’t bad at all…..anyway it’s done now and I can have a chill and craft day tomorrow 😁 Hopefully we won’t have any more snow and I’ll get to aqua tomorrow. Thankfully most of the snow has gone.
    Dh headed over the hills today on a job. He fully expected thick snow as he went over the highest motorway but he said we had more here this morning. 
    No spends today. 
    I want to pay my cc off tomorrow and do a bit of money shuffling.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    No snow down here at Seasideville. It's been very chilly today but bright and sunny. We seemed to have missed it.  Don't blame you for staying in the warm today. 
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • RelievedSheff
    RelievedSheff Posts: 11,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    No snow for us either which I won't complain about. We don't seem to be getting the really cold temperatures others are experiencing either. Lowest we have seen is zero degrees so far which we can happily live with.
  • milann
    It has been a beautifully sunny but very cold day today. The blue sky and sunshine certainly brightens the world up.
    I went SW this morning and she asked for my diary again….it’s so different from my last group. I was a tad disappointed to only loose 1/2lb but certainly better off than on 😁
    I went and did a bit of a stock up shop as I was running short of a few bits. By the time I got home I had a half hour turn around until I had to leave for aqua aerobics. I really enjoyed it again.
    I’ve got some stewing steak to make a steak and mushroom pie - without the pastry for me…..but was a bit late putting it on, so it might have to be something else and have that tomorrow. It’s smelling gorgeous though.
    Not quite sure what happened to the lazy day i visualised today but I don’t seem to have stopped. Early night tonight for me.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Seasidegal58
    I go with the half pound milann!  As you say, it's better off than on!👍
    🌟
  • milann
    Spends were £53 today. Stocking up and Sw. I’m only half way through January and already forgetting to add my totals up 😵‍💫
    January spends - £587.58
  • Seasidegal58
    ....it's easily done....😉
    🌟
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Payday for me is next Thursday, cannot wait to start afresh and keep a running total. I’ve given up having a lazy day, something always crops up. Well done on the half pound loss,  like SSG said off than on. Hopefully it will stays off then.x
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • milann
    The stewed steak and mushroom (with leek, onion and carrot) was to die for 😍 I served it with swede and carrot and stir fried cabbage Since I’d left it too late to put it in the slow cooker I put it in the oven about 4pm so I did roasties and pastry as the oven was already on. I ate 1 small roast potato but no pastry. There’s enough for tomorrow too 👍 I rarely do swede and carrot but I saw someone with a tiny prepared tray in their shopping basket and I really fancied some…..not pre done though….I dread to think what they paid for that. But a 50p swede and bag of 50p carrots made a panful. I’ll freeze any left after tomorrow. Don’t know why I don’t do it more often. I just put the whole swede in the microwave and scoop it out once it’s soft and mix with the carrots when it’s soft. Right I’m off now I’ve bored everyone silly with carroty mumblings🥕🥕🥕🥕 But the moral of the story is it is so much cheaper than to buy pre prepared.
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure