Milann’s mutterings through retirement

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Good luck with your new SW Fuhrer milann!🤣🤣🤣. She sounds just what I need too!  There is a new SW consultant at my local class - I wonder if she will be stern too!😀
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,569 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We’ve taken the decorations down today and I’ve had a tidy up. It looks very bare now. Ive made gift tags from the suitable Christmas cards and recycled the rest.
    I’m going to alter the wreath I made and make a lighter coloured tree as it didn’t show up very well.
    I did end up nipping to the supermarket for some bits to go with curry for tea. Dh likes samosas. I bought milk and a couple of other bits os £10 spent.

January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Another £10 spent yesterday. We went for a walk in the sunshine to a place not far away by a river. It’s next to a NT place. Anyway we decided it wouldn’t be muddy as it had real concrete paths. How wrong were we….the river must have flooded.  The mud was over Dh wheels in places 😱 Anyway we persevered and walked to the town which is footballer and wag territory. I bought us all a cuppa hence the £10 spend. It was in a chain of cafes that have lots of old fashioned lampshades and some nice comfortable seats. It warmed us up nicely. Anyway we walked back through the streets rather than by the river. How the other half live….there were some beautiful houses. I told myself think of all the cleaning 😂😂😂 but if I could afford one of those I could afford a cleaner. There was one with a sale board outside….over 3 million 😳😳😳😳Dh had brought tea around with him…..a chicken and gammon pie(shepherds pie style) and then we played the game Dh had been bought for Christmas. Before we knew it it was 10 o clock.
    This morning I listened to the hypno tape from last year and I made use of my gym membership and went for a swim whilst my friend had a lesson. She came back for poached egg on toast. 😂😂😂 she says I have to give her Dh lessons in making them. The rest of the day has been spent washing and ironing and just tidying around. I’m determined not to let things slip after getting everywhere sorted before Christmas. 
    I have booked a session with a gym instructor tomorrow morning as they have some fancy leggings that I quite fancy trying- apparently they help with circulation and aching legs and you have to be shown how to use them for the first time. Then I’m planning a crafting day…or at least an hour or so 👍
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,203 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Keep us posted on the fancy leggings!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    I went for a gym induction  this morning. I went on the all singing and dancing scales…..I’ve lost a few pounds since I last used them about 18 months ago….and my body age has also dropped by a few years. It’s still older than my actual age though. It’s quite interesting. I had a go at the big fancy trousers that you put your legs in and the inflate and stimulate your blood flow. Apparently they do all sorts of wonders for your body. It  felt quite nice and relaxing…..so now I’ve had an induction I can use them myself if I book a session and wait for a miracle to happen 🤔 The only problem was….I’ve got visions of getting stuck in them 😳😳😳😂😂😂 to undo them there’s a push button switch. My fingers are so lax I couldn’t push the button in…..I might just have to get a muscular hunk from the gym to come and rescue me 💪😂😂😂😂 Or wander around like Wallace in big trousers……’Grommit come and rescue me’ 😂😂😂😂. Because I pay extra to have towels included in my membership- plus membership. It’s an extra £10 a month. I get to use the magic trousers for free….£15 a go without the plus membership. I was telling the instructor I’d wanted to go to aqua this morning but couldn’t get on as it was fully booked so was just going for a swim when I’d finished with him. He said they’d just had a cancellation so I went for a cuppa whilst waiting  and joined the aqua class. I really do enjoy it and can move much better in the water.
    I've been wearing a very old swimming costume since my last one split a few months ago. The material has gone very thin with no stretch and I’ve got visions of it tearing as I’m pulling it on. So on my way home I went to a local chain of sportswear shops. I bought a new cossie and a coat caught my eye. An aubergine coloured jacket. It was lovely…..not thick and chunky but they reckon it’s a snow jacket you can wear down to -5 degrees. I’m not convinced but for £29 I was willing to take a chance. Not a NSD today then ☺️
    Another busy day tomorrow. I’m going to the early SlimmingWorld at 7.30 😳😳😳😳 then onto my U3A craft group. I’m booked on aqua tomorrow afternoon…..then coming home and collapsing in a chair 
    I called to M@rris@ns to get some tomatoes and remembered I had vouchers. If I spend £40 for the next 3 weeks I get £25 back. So I bought tomatoes and stocked up on tea and coffee and some store cupboard things. Next week I’ll stock up on cleaning things then reassess what I need from there. I still have £200 on an Asd@ card but it’s got a good amount of time left on it so I might as well make the most of the M offer.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,256 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Visions of ‘Grommit they’re the wrong trousers’ 🤣🤣 Good news about dropping a few pounds and years since you last went on the fancy scales though 👍
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • milann
    I don’t know how to do a link but the trousers are called Hyperice Normatec compression trousers….£899 at John L’s 😳😳😳😂😂😂 Think I’ll buy a couple of pairs - in my dreams.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 9 January at 10:10PM
    milann said:
    Wow so many faces old and new. Welcome all 🥂👍
    Yesterday I took the bull by the horns and joined a different SlimmingWorld group. I loved my old group….the people were lovely and the consultant was great but I’d just become complacent and it was on a Friday. I was fed up of paying for weeks we were away in Millie Motorhome and I couldn’t get there. My recent Christmas baking took its toll on me - I really struggled standing for long periods, and the recent chats I’ve had with orthopaedic doctors concerning my ankle and hip have made me think. No messing this time - I’ve got to do it.
    Anyway so far so good 😁
    Ive got an occasion to  work towards too…..somebody very special to me has been with their partner for 22 years and decided to get a civil partnership. Thankyou Martin Lewis for giving advice on your show 👏👏👏👏 They’ve asked me to be a witness. It’s in a beautiful town virtually a couple of hundred miles away so we’ll be going there. It’s only a simple do - 4 guests then there will be a party here later in the year, as both their families are from this end. I’m quite excited 🥂😁
    Its been a glorious day here so myself and Dh went out for a walk. It’s one we did a lot during lockdown….along the river and through some parkland. We stopped at a Bohemian cafe in the parkland. It was a lovely afternoon. The river had been quite high but they’d opened the flood gates further down the river and it had dropped to high but safe levels. I really feel for the places and people where the floods have done so much damage.
    Yesterday I spent £15 at SW and on some fresh veg and today £5 on drinks in the park and on some bread. I used a voucher with a free joining fee at SW since I’d gone as a new member. I also went for a swim to use my gym membership.
    One Broken Lady I pressed the big red button with the white cross in it, this takes you to a a new thread. Don’t i sound technical minded. Relieved Sheffield told me how to do it and Cranky put a link up for me 👍👍 Thankyou both. Good to see you OBL.
    Ahhh I see thanks Milann I did do that and it said start new thread which didn't seem fancy enough for starting a whole new diary 😀 I will have a go 
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,203 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Laughing at the thought of the trousers. 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    The trousers are really intriguing!  I've never heard of them before!  Yes - let us know how you get on with them. 
    Well done on the weight and age drop. It's all going in the right direction. 👍
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business