Milann’s mutterings through retirement

Comments

• Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Those trousers sound .......interesting 😀 I've got Wallace and Gromit vibes going off about them though 😂
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,052 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Wow, go you with 4lbs off.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,194 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Well done on the weight loss 🥳 As for the trousers - how much 😱
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    That's a great result on the weight loss!  Way to go!😀👍
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,543 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No spends today.I’ve not been out of the house. It still feels really strange staying in on a Friday morning after going to SW on a Friday for so many years. 
    I’ve listened to the relaxation tapes from last year…..I do think they’ve made a difference to my outlook on things…..it’s happened slowly but I’m on a completely different mindset to this time last year 😁 so I’m glad I stuck with the tapes….even though I didn’t listen to them religiously and dipped in and out.  January usually makes me bleugh…..after Christmas blues I think. I’m very motivated this year…..so far 😂😂😂😂
    I have been doing a bit of card making this afternoon. An engagement card. I’m quite pleased with it and it has used some of my stash. I’m planning on doing more over the next few weeks. I might even get ahead of the game and make some Christmas cards for next year. I’ve already bought  some wrapping paper rolls for 50p each. A box of crackers to pull over dinner for £2.50 and 5 jars of mince meat for 50p a jar. I also want to resume doing some scrapbooking with old photographs and tell the stories behind the photos for my gks to look at. They love the pages I did several years ago.
    Right that’s enough mumbling for today. I’m off to make some mashed potatoes to go with a chicken casserole I’ve taken from the freezer for tea.
    January spends - £587.58
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Happy new diary and Well done on the 4lbs off.  When I first joined slimming world I had a very 'strong' group leader who would ring and ask what you had eaten!
  • milann
    Redo…..that’s one ‘strong’ leader. I think my old group had become too big…a victim of its own success, the consultant was lovely as were the people. I’d just become complacent and too comfortable there….This new consultant is also lovely with a little bit of fearsome thrown in for good measure 😂😂😂 if I average it out to £5 a week for 46 weeks as your allowed 6 weeks holiday and I’d taken out three  12 week countdowns where you get 2 free weeks each time …..its cost me circa of £230 to loose 3LB 😱😱😱😱 Now that is NOT MSE in any shape or form. That thought has given me more motivation to get to target so I don’t have to pay 👍
    January spends - £587.58
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 January at 8:40PM
    Yes when you look at it like that not good value at all! I have a longstanding theory that what we need is a network of MSE friends who visit each other in turn who we anticipate (but obviously doesn't!) will tut at the mess and tut at the scales. It'd work for me for sure. It'll never catch on though as no profit in it. 
  • milann
    It’d work for me too 👍👍😂 I do a good tut tut and can wag a mean finger at the number on scales 
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure