Milann’s mutterings through retirement

Comments

• maggiem
    maggiem Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Happy New diary Milan. Thanks @CRANKY40for the link! 
  • Baron_Dale
    Baron_Dale Posts: 1,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Best wishes for 2024! Do feel free to have a read of my diary which covers my journey towards full retirement and how I manage the finances. It took several years lol! I Take care.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    That sounds a lovely occasion to aim for.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Sunshine_girl2
    Sunshine_girl2 Posts: 2,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I like the determination and now a lovely occasion to look forward to . That walk sounds like one I need to do again . Glad you got out today . The forecast looks good for the next few days . 
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Your friends' forthcoming civil partnership service sounds like it will be a brilliant day!  Wonderful!  And a party to look forward to later as well!
    You've given me a wake-up call to sort out my SW. I need to get to grips with it. I took out a discounted annual online membership some weeks ago but haven't really followed it. 🫣. I was thinking of transferring the online membership over to a weekly class as there's one quite near me. I've got to ring up the SW Help Desk though to sort it out so another thing to put on the list!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It felt so strange today not going to my old SW group…I had a bit of a Friday morning routine as Dh went to his U3A up the road and we’d meet up afterwards and go and have a cuppa with his group. Anyway he didn’t have his coffee, but came home and fancied going out. We headed out on the tram to a big market at the end of the tramline. It has a great meat and fish hall and an outside one too. Until just before Christmas there was also a big indoor market but it suddenly closed as the faulty concrete was found within. Some of the stalls are now inside empty shops. I felt very sorry for the traders though. I didn’t actually need anything but did buy a necklace for youngest gdd to put away for next Christmas and of course my tram ticket. So £12 spent today. Dh treated us to a Spoons dinner. I had a jacket with cheese, roasted veg and salad so I’m staying on plan.
    I’ve still got my Christmas decs up but will take them down tomorrow on 6th…the feast of The Epiphany. I just can’t bring myself to take them down any sooner. So I’m enjoying my last evening of pretty lights….I always think is really dreary with dark nights and no fairy lights.
    SSG if I can get my head round SW anyone can 😂😂😂😂 I’ve got to say this consultant seems a lot bossier than my old one who was lovely and gentle. This one has said she wants to see a diary for the next 4 weeks 😳😳😳 I usually manage one for a couple of days 😂😂😂😂 Maybe it’s just what I need 😱👍😂
    Sunshine girl you definitely need to do that walk again 👍
    January spends - £587.58
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Our Christmas decorations come down on Epiphany as well. We usually have a small celebration and then take down and pack away the decorations, give the place a good clean and put the furniture back where it usually goes.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    milann said:
    It felt so strange today not going to my old SW group…I had a bit of a Friday morning routine as Dh went to his U3A up the road and we’d meet up afterwards and go and have a cuppa with his group. Anyway he didn’t have his coffee, but came home and fancied going out. We headed out on the tram to a big market at the end of the tramline. It has a great meat and fish hall and an outside one too. Until just before Christmas there was also a big indoor market but it suddenly closed as the faulty concrete was found within. Some of the stalls are now inside empty shops. I felt very sorry for the traders though. I didn’t actually need anything but did buy a necklace for youngest gdd to put away for next Christmas and of course my tram ticket. So £12 spent today. Dh treated us to a Spoons dinner. I had a jacket with cheese, roasted veg and salad so I’m staying on plan.
    I’ve still got my Christmas decs up but will take them down tomorrow on 6th…the feast of The Epiphany. I just can’t bring myself to take them down any sooner. So I’m enjoying my last evening of pretty lights….I always think is really dreary with dark nights and no fairy lights.
    SSG if I can get my head round SW anyone can 😂😂😂😂 I’ve got to say this consultant seems a lot bossier than my old one who was lovely and gentle. This one has said she wants to see a diary for the next 4 weeks 😳😳😳 I usually manage one for a couple of days 😂😂😂😂 Maybe it’s just what I need 😱👍😂
    Sunshine girl you definitely need to do that walk again 👍
    I think that's because you joined up as a new member rather than just transferring over from your other group.  The reason they do it is because they have a guarantee that if you don't lose any weight in the first 4 weeks and you've followed the plan exactly then you will get your money back.  They have never had to pay out apparently!

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Joe Denise that makes sense….my old consultant advised  it but never mentioned handing diaries in….this one said she wants one from the whole group as it a new year and new start for everyone…..it is half the size of the old group though.
    I think the only years my decorations have come down before the 6th was the year my mum passed away when they came down on 29 th December and the year I was in hospital…..but I didn’t have much say in that. It’s 18 years this weekend I had my lb moment as I was recovering in ICU. But I got out of ICU and eventually became debt free and I stay on the diaries because that’s what I want….to be debt free👍 It keeps me in check.
    No plans for any spends today…don’t know what I fancy for tea yet….will have a rummage in the freezer to see what tempts me.
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure