Milann’s mutterings through retirement

Options

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,635 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I’d posted those photos at the end of my ramblings…..not sure why they popped up right in the middle of the text which was totally unrelated to the photos 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,521 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Beautiful photos even if they did pop up in the wrong place. 
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,476 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lovely pictures - you're so busy though! I should think you did need a lazier day after all that lot! 

That was handy finding the singing group that suited your time available too wasn't it - brilliant! 

I make a mixed root mash as I can't make anything too carrot-heavy or MrEH will rebel! made a big pan full last night in fact - the remainder of the veg wars swede with a few carrots, a few potatoes and a couple of sweet potatoes added in as well - very nice, cheap as chips and three tubs for the freezer as well as the one in the fridge to use this week! 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Beautiful photos milann!😀
    You sound like you've had a lovely few days. I'm sure you'll enjoy the singing group going forward. What a great find!👍
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • milann
    edited 22 January at 8:32PM
    Options
    I went to aqua this morning. This particular instructor is hopeless. She doesn’t engage at all and has no enthusiasm and I don’t think she wants to be there. The others are all amazing. I left my feedback saying as much 😵‍💫 I wasn’t amused. It’s the first time I’ve watched the clock during aqua, the time usual flies by.
    I had poached egg and toast and a cuppa before I left the gym. It’s healthier and cheaper than I’d have got at the outlet shops, as I get 25% off with my membership. I travelled on the tram to said outlet….40 minutes including a change of tram part way. It’s the first time I’ve ever timed it. I thoroughly enjoyed mooching around on my own. The upstairs of the complex is virtually empty though and there’s a fraction of the shops from when it first opened.  A top was bought £16 from Planet, a cardigan from MandS for £17 and pair of boots jumped onto my feet £60 instead of £95. The insoles come out to accommodate my podiatry ones and the leather is really beautifully soft. So I’m pleased with my haul. I’ll wear them when we head to town on Friday and then save them just in case I don’t fit into the dress for the weekend in Bath and that can  be a back up outfit 👍 I had previously eyed the boots up in a different shop. but they didn’t have my size. I was going to have a cuppa before heading home but the new eating complex was closed and I couldn’t be bothered heading back to the other cafes. So I toddled over to the tram station home and I’d just missed one. It was 12 minutes until the next one and twas bitterly cold so I jumped on one going to the big shopping mall which is the end of the line and just stayed on it for the return journey. It was better sitting inside than standing on the windswept station. I did contemplate getting off and mooching around the shopping mall but I’d bought everything I needed and I felt I’d done enough for one day. See I am learning to pace myself. 
    So it was a spendy day but also bargainous 😁 I bought everything for the full price of the boots 😁 There were some real bargains to be had if you could squeeze into a size 6 or fit a size 20 or above. Alas neither fitted me.
    I’m having my hair cut tomorrow and I might go for a ride to see how my brother and sil are…..so a restful day as I only sit on the tram and I get picked up at the other end then dropped back at the station 👍 Just waiting for a reply to check they’ll be in and not out at any appointments. 
    Right off to update my signature with today’s speediness before I forget.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sunshine_girl2
    Sunshine_girl2 Posts: 2,752 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Glad you had a good walked round the outlet , the upper mall is set to become eateries according to the local ish grapevine. Sounds like you found what you wanted . Hope you get to see your brother tomorrow.
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,521 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That sounds like a very successful shopping trip. I love mooching around the tail end of the sales when they reduce everything further. 
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,391 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done on joining the singing group and your bargains also beautiful photos 😊
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • milann
    Options
    I called a rain check on visiting my brother. It’s been torrential rain here all day.
    I have had a clean up day instead.  Nothing was too bad but I want to keep on top of things. 
    Haircut paid for out of the incidental cash which I’ll top up at the end of the month 👍 
    January spends - £587.58
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,476 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good for you for learning to pace yourself, for making god use of tram travel to avoid standing out in the cold AND for speaking your mind about the aqua class which was poor. 

Those boots sound lovely too - I keep thinking I ought to look again for some nice ankle boots as I currently don't have a pair - not got around to it yet but maybe I should use some time at the weekend to have a look. I just tend to throw my knee-highs on for any occasion that needs smarter boots! 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills