RelievedSheff Posts: 11,449 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Bargain outfit 😀
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,649 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another bargain I’ve had over the last few days was a freebie cuppa for both myself and Dh at the garden centre. I get 2 a month with the loyalty scheme. I also picked up a free packet of courgette seeds.I wasn’t going to bother as I’ve not had much success over the last couple of years but since they are free I thought I’d give it 1 more shot. I picked up a pack of red pelargoniums for my pots. They worked out at 50p a go. I noticed some plug plants which worked out at 23 p each so I put the seeds back 😁 When I got to the till I was asked if I wanted to use my discount that had accrued…..I did and said geraniums worked out at 13 p each…..much better than buying seeds…..surprisingly 👍😁 I’ve certainly had good value from the loyalty card which I think I paid £12 for the year.  👍
    January spends - £587.58
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,391 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your friends husband Milann ❤️ I watched Breathtaking all in one go on catch up. They did a good job of portraying how bad  it was in London. I felt a bit weird after I watched it as I realised that having caught covid in the first wave before vaccines me and my DD were very lucky we it wasn't a worse outcome. I kind of brushed it aside at the time when my family were upset that we had caught it but looking back now it could have been a disaster 😟
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • WinterWarrior
    WinterWarrior Posts: 5,759 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    What a beautiful view. Thank you for sharing. Even the smoke looks picturesque!
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £1000 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 2lb so far
    My WW and friends diary is here 😁 … 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6259606/must-try-harder/p1

• milann
    Options
    I got the tram to the big city near me today. I wanted a new handbag for next week. I’d previously seen a lovely one - the ones with a little Scottie dog on. I was so tempted but at a pound or so short of £180 it reluctantly stayed in the shop. I saw another I liked today which was minus the £100 but still pricey. I was going to get it but had a mooch around - there were others that were ok but this one was quite stylish and matched my boots perfectly. I went back to buy it and realised it wasn’t leather so that stayed where it was too. No way was I paying £80 for a synthetic bag that would probably tear at the corners in time. I ended buying a leather one a good enough match in colour but not perfect…..but as long as they’re not on top of one another, it’s perfectly good enough and it’s the same style as the one I’d previously seen minus the little dog…..£21 😁 I bought a couple of scarves - 2 for a fiver. Then I ended up in the make up department of one of the shops and I replenished some my make up…..think I’m still in shock 😂😂😂😂 I did have a make over though and it felt lovely. I didn’t buy everything she used but what I bought will have to do. So a productive couple of hours in town. I didn’t actually walk that far as I drove to the tram station and it dropped me off at the shopping centre….I had a cuppa half way round the shops and then jumped back on the tram, and I only had a handbag, 2 chiffon scarves and a couple of small make up boxes to carry. I didn’t leave home until after dinner as I had my hair cut this morning and I wanted to wait for the window cleaner to come so he could do inside downstairs for me. I was home in time for tea 😁
    Tomorrow is another trip on the tram as I’m visiting my brother….he picks me up from the station at his end, so I won’t be walking far again as my ankle is still playing up big time. I suppose I could have combined today and tomorrow’s outings but I wasn’t sure how long it’d take me to get what I wanted today….it was much easier than I expected. 👍
    Dh did some cooking yesterday so my freezer is full of home made ready meals 😁

January spends - £587.58
  • WinterWarrior
    WinterWarrior Posts: 5,759 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    That sounds like you had a lovely shop. The handbag was a proper bargain! 
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £1000 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 2lb so far
    My WW and friends diary is here 😁 … 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6259606/must-try-harder/p1

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,556 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds like you had a lovely day. 
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • RelievedSheff
    RelievedSheff Posts: 11,449 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Sounds like a good day was had. Hope your ankle gets less sore soon.
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,482 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That sounds like a really lovely trip to the city milann - and some great bargains as well! 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • milann
    Options
    I had some old friends visiting yesterday. We worked together years ago and it’s been a while since all 4 of us were together. As expected we picked up as if it were yesterday we were last together. I cooked at my house - nothing fancy - chicken, new potatoes and roasted veg. They brought cake for pud. Much cheaper than going out and we chatted for over 5 hours. 
    I was really tired though as I haven’t been sleeping great and have been fairly busy of late. I settled down to turn the trousers up for Dh after they’d gone home. I was doing my smallest neatest stitches got 3/4 way around the first leg and realised I hadn’t flipped the hem to the inside after measuring on him and before I stitched them. DOH….😂😂😂😂😂 so I’m now unpicking the turn up I’d created and starting over…..
    I’ve just nipped to the chain of hobby shops near me as I wanted some peel offs and some card making bits…..they had hardly anything. They don’t stock a quarter of what they used to stock. I also went into The Range and they weren’t much better. Hopefully I’ll have what I need to make the card I had in mind for weekend. No wonder folk shop online.
    I paid my cc the other day in full but spent on my trip to the city so will pay that off ready to start the new month afresh tomorrow 👍
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure