New Natwest / RBS / Ulster Bank £200 Switch Incentive

Options

Comments

• azualbet
    Options
    I just started applying for a sole account with Natwest Select account and switch option (old HSBC). Would I be eligible for the £200 reward as it ends on Monday 7am? Or does the switch have to be complete with £1250 in there along with app usage before Monday 7am which I have no chance?
  • dealyboy
    dealyboy Posts: 1,775 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    @Indout96 Try the Castlewellan branch in south-east Ulster, likely to be the nearest for many ... BT31 9DB.

@paul_liverpoolfc The one-off £1,250 you need to pay in for the incentive can be in bits and doesn't need to stay any longer than it's visibility. In practice it might be better to do £500, £500, £250 as I think in my case I hit a hidden temporary transfer out limit of £1,000.
  • SamDude
    SamDude Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    edited 8 September 2023 at 10:58PM
    Options
    I have an existing Natwest account and received a switcher bonus in 2018.
    If I switch into this account will I receive the current £200 offer (again)?

I know this goes against the eligibility criteria for "if you've had any switcher incentive from the Natwest group before you are not eligible..." - but I've just received £200 from RBS and should get £200 from Ulster Bank soon - so would Natwest still pay it?

• Stargunner
    Options
    SamDude said:

I know this goes against the eligibility criteria for "if you've had any switcher incentive from the Natwest group before you are not eligible..." - but I've just received £200 from RBS and should get £200 from Ulster Bank soon - so would Natwest still pay it?

Nat West Group have paid the incentives to plenty of people on here that have switched to all 3 of their banks (£600 total), but you won't be eligible for it for the Nat West switch because you’ve already taken advantage of a cash switcher offer from them between 1st October 2017 and 13th February 2023.

• dealyboy
    Options
    @SamDude said:

Nat West Group have paid the incentives to plenty of people on here that have switched to all 3 of their banks (£600 total), but you won't be eligible for it for the Nat West switch because you’ve already taken advantage of a cash switcher offer from them between 1st October 2017 and 13th February 2023.

If I'm not mistaken I think Sam is saying despite being against the rules (not having received a Switcher incentive from any of the banks mentioned) he has received the current incentive from both RBS and UB. However he is thinking that it might be different to switch to the bank (NatWest) from which he previously received the incentive.

I would say give it a go, it's 50:50. When I was applying some months ago I was advised that NatWest deal with account applications for the group. I think the NatWest situation may be different as you presumably will be switching into the account that received the incentive before.

I think that the worst that is likely to happen is that NatWest will refuse. If you get any communication subsequently re. your 'successes' with RBS and UB, put it down to having forgotten; given that they have already checked and committed the bonuses it is highly unlikely they will try to perform recovery actions.
  • azualbet
    Options
    azualbet said:
    I just started applying for a sole account with Natwest Select account and switch option (old HSBC). Would I be eligible for the £200 reward as it ends on Monday 7am? Or does the switch have to be complete with £1250 in there along with app usage before Monday 7am which I have no chance?
    Read the T&C and it states
    "Withdrawal of Offer This offer may be changed, replaced or withdrawn by us at any time. If we withdraw the offer and you have already applied to switch to a new eligible account or existing eligible account, you will still be entitled to receive our switcher offer provided that you meet the conditions set out in these £200 NatWest Switcher Offer Terms"

So does that mean I can still get the £200 after the offer has ended on Monday as long as I meet all the criteria as I applied while the offer was still on?
  • dealyboy
    Options
    @azualbet ... sorry I missed your previous post and welcome to the forum  :) ...

Yes - it is standard industry practice that as long as you apply before the closure of an offer then you will still receive the benefit of the offer.

I didn't realise they were ending it ... after all these months (7 - just counted).
  • MAC0565
    Options
    I've received incentives from all three NWG banks during their current campaign, the first being for switching into a NW Select account in early March. 

Around the time I received the incentive from RBS in early July, there was a current account switch offer showing in my NW app. I upgraded my NW Select to a Reward account, into which i then switched my RBS account. The switch went through without issue, and completed on 20 July. I've heard nothing from NW about the offer. What does seem strange is that I've received £10 in rewards, but I've not yet been charged any account fees. Would be nice to get a fourth payment from NWG, though I'm not confident it's forthcoming, mainly because I think the offer in my NW app may have been an error on their part.....I could potentially receive a ban from NWG instead!  I'll have a chat with Cora if I don't hear from NW in the next week or so.
  • explorerm
    explorerm Posts: 51 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 September 2023 at 3:30PM
    Options
    Hi, I'm helping my elderly relative apply for a Natwest Select account online in order to request a switch to get the £200 incentive. The Select account is to be a sole account. However she already has a joint Reward Platinum account with her husband(which they have had for 30years) but they are not registered for online banking. 
    When I try to apply for the Select account it requests your online registration (even if you say no to being an existing customer). 
    Is there anyway she can still apply? I'm aware the switching incentive offer ends tomorrow at 7am.

Thank you in advance for any replies 
  • SamDude
    SamDude Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    dealyboy said:
    @SamDude said:

If I'm not mistaken I think Sam is saying despite being against the rules (not having received a Switcher incentive from any of the banks mentioned) he has received the current incentive from both RBS and UB. However he is thinking that it might be different to switch to the bank (NatWest) from which he previously received the incentive.

I would say give it a go, it's 50:50. When I was applying some months ago I was advised that NatWest deal with account applications for the group. I think the NatWest situation may be different as you presumably will be switching into the account that received the incentive before.

I think that the worst that is likely to happen is that NatWest will refuse. If you get any communication subsequently re. your 'successes' with RBS and UB, put it down to having forgotten; given that they have already checked and committed the bonuses it is highly unlikely they will try to perform recovery actions.
    @dealyboy - yes that's exactly it.

I used a Chase 'spare' account for one of the switches, and am wondering if Chase will do anything if I use another 'spare' account (e.g. will they have issues for someone opening and switching-away more than once?)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback