New Natwest / RBS / Ulster Bank £200 Switch Incentive

Options
1767778798082»

Comments

• mpelson
    Options
    My switch money from RBS turned up this evening😄 Like others on here, I shouldn’t have received it due to receiving a switch bonus from NatWest in 2018! Only started the process on 9th Sept, so pretty quick and was kept well informed via various texts and emails throughout the process. Switch only completed on Tuesday.

Only slight hitch was trying to get HooYoo to validate my ID when using my iPad ,as I was a new RBS customer. Switched to using my mobile instead and it went through fine.

if only my NatWest ISA transfer from Virgin Money was this smooth. Still waiting for that to turn up at NatWest having started the process on 4th August! It left Virgin Money account more than a week ago and is now sitting in a holding account at NatWest, no doubt with thousands of other customer’s money
  • Banksy_2
    Banksy_2 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 9 October 2023 at 11:40AM
    Options
    Well here's an unexpected bonus...and like the post above, patience certainly is a virtue...

'Spoke' to Cora last week on Day 8 after Switch Complete Day, asking where my £200 bonus was - was then logged as a complaint on Friday and today the £200 is in the account, along with £30 compensation for the fact I had to ask where my bonus was!

So, the hat trick of NW / RBS / Ulster bonuses in the same 6 month period now in.

Happy Days!

Aim: Be mortgage free at 50 years old - TARGET HIT 12TH OCTOBER!!
    Current Status: Turned 50 in May 2023 - PAID OFF IN OCTOBER SO TARGET HIT!!

Money made from Bank Switching in 2023: £1,775 (target £1,600) - TARGET HIT!!
    Money made for Mrs B via Bank Switching in 2023: £1,275 (target £1,250) - TARGET HIT!!
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    dealyboy said:
    MikeJXE said:
    explorerm said:
    explorerm said:
    Hi, I'm helping my elderly relative apply for a Natwest Select account online in order to request a switch to get the £200 incentive. The Select account is to be a sole account. However she already has a joint Reward Platinum account with her husband(which they have had for 30years) but they are not registered for online banking. 
    When I try to apply for the Select account it requests your online registration (even if you say no to being an existing customer). 
    Is there anyway she can still apply? I'm aware the switching incentive offer ends tomorrow at 7am.

Thank you in advance for any replies 

Not how it's working for me, it first asks if you are an existing customer (Yes) and then asks "Do you know your Online Banking details?" (No). It then starts a new dialog asking for Name, Address etc.

Do you have a current account ready to swap to NatWest? 

It'll be very tight trying to get this application in before Monday at 7:00am, although there is discussion elsewhere that this deadline has not been confirmed, or indeed mentioned, anywhere other than MSE so we shall see. 
    Thanks @flaneurs_lobster
    Yes she has a current account ready to switch to NatWest.

Might, give it one more try, just to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong, in view of how it worked out for you.

I think the NatWest switch incentive ends tomorrow morning ?
    Andy at Be Clever ... says 08:00am.

Edit: ... plus RBS and Ulster Bank. Don't forget the application(s) before the expiry of the offer are still eligible for the incentive. 
    NatWest/RBS/Ulster websites just updated to remove switch bonus offer. 
    Thank you so much for posting this. My fiancee did the switch in the early hours of September 11th. Natwest are claiming that the switch had ended but clearly they are wrong on that.
  • doodlector
    doodlector Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi.  I've started the switch with RBS and a text message which appears to be from RBS saying that they will text me to get some information from a 'secure mobile' number.
    I then received another text message from a mobile number asking for by DOB....
    Has anyone else had this experience?  I may have to wait on the RBS helpline to get a confirmation but thought I'd check here incase it's happened to everyone!
  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi.  I've started the switch with RBS and a text message which appears to be from RBS saying that they will text me to get some information from a 'secure mobile' number.
    I then received another text message from a mobile number asking for by DOB....
    Has anyone else had this experience?  I may have to wait on the RBS helpline to get a confirmation but thought I'd check here incase it's happened to everyone!
    It's not obvious but this thread is for the previous switch offer. Current one is here

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6506008/natwest-rbs-ulster-200-switching-offer-15-2-2024/p28
  • modelreject
    modelreject Posts: 700 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So when the £200 is added, can you simply take out the £1,450? Is it one of those accounts that does not allow zero balance? Thank you. Hopefully being doing switch today.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 March at 1:40PM
    Options
    So when the £200 is added, can you simply take out the £1,450? Is it one of those accounts that does not allow zero balance? Thank you. Hopefully being doing switch today.
    I have the RBS one, I got the £200 and shifted it out immediately, balance currently £0 until I decide if I want to upgrade to the Rewards one
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback