New Natwest / RBS / Ulster Bank £200 Switch Incentive

Options

Comments

• georged123
    Options
    stevey83 said:
    Just missed out on the NatWest switch money. Absolutely fuming with myself. I set up a new account with NatWest on Friday, switching an account from Lloyds. Got a message yesterday from NatWest to say the switch had been rejected, when I checked with Lloyds they told me a was trying to switch a savings account. Contacted NatWest to ask if I could transfer a different account and was told novsorry! 

My own fault I don’t know how I didn’t check my account first! 

Does anyone know if NatWest start this promotion again the future will I be able to try again as I havnt switched. Or does the fact that I now have a NatWest account prevent me? 
    The previous T+Cs stated  you were eligibile as long as you hadn't had a switching incentive on the last few years. So you still haven't recevied an incentive so should be fine if they run the promotion again.

Hopefully, there will be more offers soon as were down to only First Direct now.
  • stevey83
    Options
    stevey83 said:
    Just missed out on the NatWest switch money. Absolutely fuming with myself. I set up a new account with NatWest on Friday, switching an account from Lloyds. Got a message yesterday from NatWest to say the switch had been rejected, when I checked with Lloyds they told me a was trying to switch a savings account. Contacted NatWest to ask if I could transfer a different account and was told novsorry! 

Does anyone know if NatWest start this promotion again the future will I be able to try again as I havnt switched. Or does the fact that I now have a NatWest account prevent me? 
    The previous T+Cs stated  you were eligibile as long as you hadn't had a switching incentive on the last few years. So you still haven't recevied an incentive so should be fine if they run the promotion again.

Hopefully, there will be more offers soon as we’re down to only First Direct now.
    Yes hopefully more will show soon. I managed to get the first direct one so not all bad! 
  • dealyboy
    dealyboy Posts: 1,775 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    @stevey83 said:
    stevey83 said:

Hopefully, there will be more offers soon as we’re down to only First Direct now.
    Yes hopefully more will show soon. I managed to get the first direct one so not all bad! 
    Hi Stevey ... I know what it's like. Guess what I did when they were privatising the electricity suppliers back in the '80s ...

I worked out the optimal number of shares to apply for (quite accurately as it turned out), sent off my cheques well before time. The allocations were announced and I watched the share prices rise for my anticipated quick profits and then I received the post.

I hadn't signed the cheques!  :s:'(
  • stevey83
    Options
    dealyboy said:
    @stevey83 said:
    stevey83 said:

Hi Stevey ... I know what it's like. Guess what I did when they were privatising the electricity suppliers back in the '80s ...

I worked out the optimal number of shares to apply for (quite accurately as it turned out), sent off my cheques well before time. The allocations were announced and I watched the share prices rise for my anticipated quick profits and then I received the post.

dealyboy said:
    @stevey83 said:
    stevey83 said:

That’s a tragedy! How much did you lose out on do you think?! 
  • dealyboy
    Options
    @stevey83 said:
    dealyboy said:
    @stevey83 said:
    stevey83 said:

That’s a tragedy! How much did you lose out on do you think?! 
    I don't know exactly, probably £300-£400, not a tragedy more a comedy. I had double checked I'd completed all the sections on each cheque, and they looked complete, when I saw them again I saw why. Each 'field' had an underline except there wasn't one for the signature, just my name printed.

When the privatisations were going on you would not get more than a couple of hundred shares, they were well oversubscribed. They scaled back the award in each case dependent on the demand for each company and how many you'd applied for. It was a long time ago but I think I bid for something like 500 or 1000 in each case and typically those who tried for more than 5,000 got nothing.
  • flaneurs_lobster
    Options
    dealyboy said:

I don't know exactly, probably £300-£400, not a tragedy more a comedy.
    It's a while ago but I think it was a couple of hundred quid. I was working for a company that was processing the applications and wasn't allowed to apply personally. 

Needless to say my partner, mum, dad, siblings, pal, dog, tortoise all put in applications, forms cut out from the FT, each with a (signed) cheque on my account - attached to the form with a pin NOT a staple.

Validity checking wasn't of the strongest and most of the applications were successful I seem to recall. 
  • mpelson
    Options
    Having opened a new RBS account last weekend including a switch request (which RBS say should complete on 19/9) I am finding a few issues with online and app banking. As I am a new RBS customer I seem to be hitting a few roadblocks as to using them.

I think it has already been mentioned that there is a daily limit on payments to new payees within the app but it says that you can make larger payments via Digital Banking instead (which I took to mean, use online banking instead). However, when I tried to make a larger payment in online banking, to a payee that I had set up a couple of days ago, it stopped and said it either needs biometric approval via the app or a card reader (which I don't have). When I went into the app to set up the biometric approval it stated that as I was a new user of the app I would have to wait :-(

Also, now that I have received both my debit card and PIN, I thought I would try the View PIN option within the app but it doesn't work. It shows the initial warning about making sure nobody is looking over your shoulder but upon pressing the button to proceed it just goes back to the menu again without displaying the PIN. Is this another new user restriction or does it just not work? This is on the latest ios app. I'm also a NatWest customer and their View PIN option in their app works fine on the same phone, but that is for a credit card as, although I do have a NatWest current account, I let the debit card expire without replacement, so no debit card options work.
  • dealyboy
    Options
    @mpelson said:
    Having opened a new RBS account last weekend including a switch request (which RBS say should complete on 19/9) I am finding a few issues with online and app banking. As I am a new RBS customer I seem to be hitting a few roadblocks as to using them.

I think it has already been mentioned that there is a daily limit on payments to new payees within the app but it says that you can make larger payments via Digital Banking instead (which I took to mean, use online banking instead). However, when I tried to make a larger payment in online banking, to a payee that I had set up a couple of days ago, it stopped and said it either needs biometric approval via the app or a card reader (which I don't have). When I went into the app to set up the biometric approval it stated that as I was a new user of the app I would have to wait :-(

Also, now that I have received both my debit card and PIN, I thought I would try the View PIN option within the app but it doesn't work. It shows the initial warning about making sure nobody is looking over your shoulder but upon pressing the button to proceed it just goes back to the menu again without displaying the PIN. Is this another new user restriction or does it just not work? This is on the latest ios app. I'm also a NatWest customer and their View PIN option in their app works fine on the same phone, but that is for a credit card as, although I do have a NatWest current account, I let the debit card expire without replacement, so no debit card options work.
    Hi there mpelson ... I seem to remember similar annoying catch-22 restrictions when I first switched to NatWest and RBS, I didn't use the view PIN option though.

I think this all rectified after a little while and when my switches had completed.
  • 2catsandcounting
    Options
    What time of day do NatWest usually credit the £200?  Im on day 7 now, but haven’t received it yet.   I didn’t have the £1250 to pay in in full, so transfered £250 in and out and back in a few times, so should have hit the threshold? If not, I’ll transfer the full amount in next week on payday. 
    I also received the RBS incentive in 2019(roughly) so they could have figured that out?
  • dealyboy
    Options
    What time of day do NatWest usually credit the £200?  Im on day 7 now, but haven’t received it yet.   I didn’t have the £1250 to pay in in full, so transfered £250 in and out and back in a few times, so should have hit the threshold? If not, I’ll transfer the full amount in next week on payday. 
    I also received the RBS incentive in 2019(roughly) so they could have figured that out?
    (love that name by the way)
    From memory it can appear in the afternoon, I think one of my NatWest group incentives arrived at about 3:00pm, and one on the 8th day morning. So just checking, it has been 7 days since the last of the four conditions met?

It's possible that they found out, but then you knew you were taking a chance  ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback