Options

Comments

• flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 10 September 2023 at 4:07PM
    Options
    explorerm said:
    Hi, I'm helping my elderly relative apply for a Natwest Select account online in order to request a switch to get the £200 incentive. The Select account is to be a sole account. However she already has a joint Reward Platinum account with her husband(which they have had for 30years) but they are not registered for online banking. 
    When I try to apply for the Select account it requests your online registration (even if you say no to being an existing customer). 
    Is there anyway she can still apply? I'm aware the switching incentive offer ends tomorrow at 7am.

Thank you in advance for any replies 

Not how it's working for me, it first asks if you are an existing customer (Yes) and then asks "Do you know your Online Banking details?" (No). It then starts a new dialog asking for Name, Address etc.

Do you have a current account ready to swap to NatWest? 

It'll be very tight trying to get this application in before Monday at 7:00am, although there is discussion elsewhere that this deadline has not been confirmed, or indeed mentioned, anywhere other than MSE so we shall see. 
  • explorerm
    explorerm Posts: 51 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 September 2023 at 4:51PM
    Options
    explorerm said:
    Hi, I'm helping my elderly relative apply for a Natwest Select account online in order to request a switch to get the £200 incentive. The Select account is to be a sole account. However she already has a joint Reward Platinum account with her husband(which they have had for 30years) but they are not registered for online banking. 
    When I try to apply for the Select account it requests your online registration (even if you say no to being an existing customer). 
    Is there anyway she can still apply? I'm aware the switching incentive offer ends tomorrow at 7am.

Not how it's working for me, it first asks if you are an existing customer (Yes) and then asks "Do you know your Online Banking details?" (No). It then starts a new dialog asking for Name, Address etc.

It'll be very tight trying to get this application in before Monday at 7:00am, although there is discussion elsewhere that this deadline has not been confirmed, or indeed mentioned, anywhere other than MSE so we shall see. 
    Thanks @flaneurs_lobster
    Yes she has a current account ready to switch to NatWest.

Might, give it one more try, just to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong, in view of how it worked out for you.

• DiamondLil
    Options
    I believe, if I remember correctly, similar thing happened to me when first applying for the NatWest switch. I closed the window and started again and this time it loaded correctly. It may be worth trying again. And again and again if necessary.
  • georged123
    Options
    SamDude said:
    dealyboy said:
    @SamDude said:
    I have an existing Natwest account and received a switcher bonus in 2018.
    If I switch into this account will I receive the current £200 offer (again)?

I know this goes against the eligibility criteria for "if you've had any switcher incentive from the Natwest group before you are not eligible..." - but I've just received £200 from RBS and should get £200 from Ulster Bank soon - so would Natwest still pay it?

Nat West Group have paid the incentives to plenty of people on here that have switched to all 3 of their banks (£600 total), but you won't be eligible for it for the Nat West switch because you’ve already taken advantage of a cash switcher offer from them between 1st October 2017 and 13th February 2023.

If I'm not mistaken I think Sam is saying despite being against the rules (not having received a Switcher incentive from any of the banks mentioned) he has received the current incentive from both RBS and UB. However he is thinking that it might be different to switch to the bank (NatWest) from which he previously received the incentive.

I would say give it a go, it's 50:50. When I was applying some months ago I was advised that NatWest deal with account applications for the group. I think the NatWest situation may be different as you presumably will be switching into the account that received the incentive before.

I think that the worst that is likely to happen is that NatWest will refuse. If you get any communication subsequently re. your 'successes' with RBS and UB, put it down to having forgotten; given that they have already checked and committed the bonuses it is highly unlikely they will try to perform recovery actions.
    @dealyboy - yes that's exactly it.

I used a Chase 'spare' account for one of the switches, and am wondering if Chase will do anything if I use another 'spare' account (e.g. will they have issues for someone opening and switching-away more than once?)

I've done three spare account switches from Chase and nothing negative has come from Chase about them.
  • MikeJXE
    MikeJXE Posts: 3,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    explorerm said:
    explorerm said:

Thanks @flaneurs_lobster

Might, give it one more try, just to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong, in view of how it worked out for you.

I think the NatWest switch incentive ends tomorrow morning ?
  • dealyboy
    dealyboy Posts: 1,775 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 10 September 2023 at 9:08PM
    Options
    MikeJXE said:
    explorerm said:
    explorerm said:

Thanks @flaneurs_lobster

Andy at Be Clever ... says 08:00am.

Edit: ... plus RBS and Ulster Bank. Don't forget the application(s) before the expiry of the offer are still eligible for the incentive. 
  • SamDude
    Options
    I've completed the switch request form as an existing Natwest account holder.
    I don't know if it's a manual process as I've not had any email confirmation or onscreen reference number to note down - hopefully it still counts as within the 7am/8am deadline...
  • flaneurs_lobster
    Options
    dealyboy said:
    MikeJXE said:
    explorerm said:
    explorerm said:

Thanks @flaneurs_lobster

Andy at Be Clever ... says 08:00am.

Edit: ... plus RBS and Ulster Bank. Don't forget the application(s) before the expiry of the offer are still eligible for the incentive. 
    NatWest/RBS/Ulster websites just updated to remove switch bonus offer. 
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,545 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hmmm. I used Cora (Natwest's chatbot) last night to enquire about the switch offer and she told me after sharing the terms that Natwest would give 10 days notice when the offer ends. Did they do this?
  • flaneurs_lobster
    Options
    WillPS said:
    Hmmm. I used Cora (Natwest's chatbot) last night to enquire about the switch offer and she told me after sharing the terms that Natwest would give 10 days notice when the offer ends. Did they do this?
    I guess they gave 10 days notice to Andy Be Clever With Your Cash since he published the date.

Who else would you expect them to give notice to?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback