New Natwest / RBS / Ulster Bank £200 Switch Incentive

Options

Comments

• clivep
    clivep Posts: 580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just completed a switch into Natwest.

I was an existing Natwest customer but eligible for the switch bonus so I went through the process of opening a new select account and switching a burner account into that.

My balance from my burner account has been transferred into my existing account I've had for years so i'm now left with a new empty account I opened for the switch.

Should the balance from my burner account have gone into the newly created account?

Did you initiate the switch as part of the new a/c application or after the new a/c was open? If the latter then could there be any ambiguity as to which a/c was to be switched into.
    However, they may have done you a favour as what you meant to do does not appear to meet the t's & c's for the bonus...
    2. Existing customers
    (a) transfer a non-NatWest current account to your existing eligible account

• Rawrzy
    Rawrzy Posts: 159 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    clivep said:
    I've just completed a switch into Natwest.

I was an existing Natwest customer but eligible for the switch bonus so I went through the process of opening a new select account and switching a burner account into that.

My balance from my burner account has been transferred into my existing account I've had for years so i'm now left with a new empty account I opened for the switch.

Should the balance from my burner account have gone into the newly created account?

Did you initiate the switch as part of the new a/c application or after the new a/c was open? If the latter then could there be any ambiguity as to which a/c was to be switched into.
    However, they may have done you a favour as what you meant to do does not appear to meet the t's & c's for the bonus...
    2. Existing customers
    (a) transfer a non-NatWest current account to your existing eligible account

It still works though, I did the exact same thing before. Long standing Natwest customer, but opened a new current account to switch into. The switch went fine, balance from the switcher account went into the new Natwest account fine, and the £200 was paid out a few days after I transfered the £1250 in.
  • paul_liverpoolfc
    Options
    Can the £1250 you have to pay in within 60 days come from your salary or does it have to be separate from your salary? Thanks. 
  • Rawrzy
    Options
    Can the £1250 you have to pay in within 60 days come from your salary or does it have to be separate from your salary? Thanks. 

If your salary is going to bring in £1250 over 60 days then I don't see why it wouldn't work. I don't think they care where the money came from as long as it's from a legitimate source, just that you cumulatively pay £1250 in from somewhere within the 60 days.

While I didn't do it, I saw some people just bounce a small amount back and forth out of the account for it since they didn't have £1250 spare at the time lol.

• James240
    James240 Posts: 16,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Banksy_2 said:
    James240 said:
    Do we think I would get the First Direct switching bonus if I held an account with them probably 15 years ago?? I know the MSE guide for switching says "- You can't have ever had ANY account with First Direct (such as a current account, credit card or mortgage)."

But wondered if it was a bit like the RBS group, says no but you actually can lol
    I had success with this recently - had a mortgage with them pre-2010 and that had a current account opened up with it, so yes one example of success, but went into that switch with the expectation of it not happening but a nice surprise when the bonus text came in!
    Well just downloaded the app and filled in the switcher form in it as had a bit of time to spare, cross fingers they allow the £175, If not I'm bouncing it over to Ulster for the other £200 in the RBS group :D
    Savings Total so far for 2023: £8,062.58
  • paul_liverpoolfc
    Options
    Is someone able to confirm if you need to pay in £1,250 to get the £200 bonus if you choose the Select account? 

I saw this on MSE.

"Minimum pay-in: £1,250/month (none for the Select account)"

Thanks
  • Rawrzy
    Options
    Is someone able to confirm if you need to pay in £1,250 to get the £200 bonus if you choose the Select account? 

I saw this on MSE.

Thanks

That's only referring to the account requirements. The reward account which can earn you £3 per month(as well as cashback and other benefits) requires that value to be deposited per month for you to stay eligible. The Switch offer requires you to deposit £1250 within 60 days regardless of the account you chose.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

I saw this on MSE.

Thanks
    There is a minimum monthly pay-in for the Reward account if £1,250/month to get the rewards.

There is a one-off pay-in of £1,250 for all accounts to get the switch bonus.
  • Indout96
    Indout96 Posts: 2,352 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 8 September 2023 at 4:44PM
    Options
    Trying to bounce the RBS account to Ulster before the cut off but it keeps saying we need to select a branch which will not come up with any options for our post code ( in England)
    Is there a way round this please ?
    Totally Debt Free & Mortgage Free Semi retired and happy
  • MikeJXE
    MikeJXE Posts: 3,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 8 September 2023 at 4:53PM
    Options
    You need to choose a bank in Ireland 

Choose one in Belfast 

Not a good idea to use one of the same group to switch 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories