Options

Comments

• WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,542 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 11 September 2023 at 11:39AM
    Options
    WillPS said:
    Hmmm. I used Cora (Natwest's chatbot) last night to enquire about the switch offer and she told me after sharing the terms that Natwest would give 10 days notice when the offer ends. Did they do this?
    I guess they gave 10 days notice to Andy Be Clever With Your Cash since he published the date.

Who else would you expect them to give notice to?

Customers. Updating their website to advise of a closing date would have been a bare minimum I'd have thought.
  • flaneurs_lobster
    Options
    WillPS said:
    WillPS said:
    Hmmm. I used Cora (Natwest's chatbot) last night to enquire about the switch offer and she told me after sharing the terms that Natwest would give 10 days notice when the offer ends. Did they do this?
    I guess they gave 10 days notice to Andy Be Clever With Your Cash since he published the date.

Customers. Updating their website to advise of a closing date would have been a bare minimum I'd have thought.
    Not worth the extra short-term workload peak that announcing an end date would provoke. The offer's been running for 8 months, there can't be too many more punters to catch.

If anyone were to put in a switch request today and then complain that the bonus was not forthcoming I'd bet that they would simply pony up.

And, no doubt, they'll be along with another switch offer in a few months time anyway.
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,542 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 11 September 2023 at 12:39PM
    Options
    WillPS said:
    WillPS said:

Not worth the extra short-term workload peak that announcing an end date would provoke. The offer's been running for 8 months, there can't be too many more punters to catch.

If anyone were to put in a switch request today and then complain that the bonus was not forthcoming I'd bet that they would simply pony up.

And, no doubt, they'll be along with another switch offer in a few months time anyway.
    I agree, but if you promise to give 10 days notice you should give 10 days notice. Cora was saying this *yesterday* by the way. Someone has clearly skipped part of the playbook with how the offer should be wound down.
    I am offering this as an angle for anyone who feels like they have missed out on the offer and still want to get in.
  • dealyboy
    dealyboy Posts: 1,775 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    WillPS said:
    WillPS said:

ahem ... 7 months ... Feb 14th - Sep 11th ... pedant of the day  :p:DB)
  • SVts
    SVts Posts: 132 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    dealyboy said:
    MikeJXE said:
    explorerm said:
    explorerm said:
    Hi, I'm helping my elderly relative apply for a Natwest Select account online in order to request a switch to get the £200 incentive. The Select account is to be a sole account. However she already has a joint Reward Platinum account with her husband(which they have had for 30years) but they are not registered for online banking. 
    When I try to apply for the Select account it requests your online registration (even if you say no to being an existing customer). 
    Is there anyway she can still apply? I'm aware the switching incentive offer ends tomorrow at 7am.

Thank you in advance for any replies 

Not how it's working for me, it first asks if you are an existing customer (Yes) and then asks "Do you know your Online Banking details?" (No). It then starts a new dialog asking for Name, Address etc.

Do you have a current account ready to swap to NatWest? 

It'll be very tight trying to get this application in before Monday at 7:00am, although there is discussion elsewhere that this deadline has not been confirmed, or indeed mentioned, anywhere other than MSE so we shall see. 
    Thanks @flaneurs_lobster
    Yes she has a current account ready to switch to NatWest.

Might, give it one more try, just to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong, in view of how it worked out for you.

I think the NatWest switch incentive ends tomorrow morning ?
    Andy at Be Clever ... says 08:00am.

Edit: ... plus RBS and Ulster Bank. Don't forget the application(s) before the expiry of the offer are still eligible for the incentive. 
    NatWest/RBS/Ulster websites just updated to remove switch bonus offer. 
    I was beginning to think that it would never end! Anyway I got my £600 from them and have closed all 3 accounts :-D
  • azualbet
    Options
    Applied Saturday 9th Sept for RBS with switch. Got email account created today earlier and money can be transferred to it. Hope I get the £200!
  • kevoxshockwave
    Options
    I opened the account 2 weeks ago but havent transferred the money in coz i aint got it at present... the original post on MSE website said you had 60 days to pay the money in... surely then if i pay the money in beofre 60 days has passed since i opened it, i'll get the free cash, since that was the proviso on which i opened the account?
  • flaneurs_lobster
    Options
    I opened the account 2 weeks ago but havent transferred the money in coz i aint got it at present... the original post on MSE website said you had 60 days to pay the money in... surely then if i pay the money in beofre 60 days has passed since i opened it, i'll get the free cash, since that was the proviso on which i opened the account?
    Has your old account switched over to your new NatWest account?

No reason why you shouldn't get the £200, as per this bit of the switch T&Cs
    (b) as part of your application, transfer a non-NatWest current account to your new eligible account (which includes closing your non-NatWest current account and moving all your payment instructions [if any] to your new eligible account) using the Current Account Switch Service online or via the mobile app;
    (c) deposit £1,250 into your new eligible account within 60 days of opening your new eligible account; and
    (d) log into our mobile banking service within 60 days of opening your new eligible account.
  • MikeJXE
    MikeJXE Posts: 3,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    That's true but you don't have to transfer £1250 in in one go, you can do it in bits eg £200 in £200 out rinse and repeat till you get there,  £1250 doesn't have to be there or stay there 
  • stevey83
    Options
    Just missed out on the NatWest switch money. Absolutely fuming with myself. I set up a new account with NatWest on Friday, switching an account from Lloyds. Got a message yesterday from NatWest to say the switch had been rejected, when I checked with Lloyds they told me a was trying to switch a savings account. Contacted NatWest to ask if I could transfer a different account and was told novsorry! 

My own fault I don’t know how I didn’t check my account first! 

Does anyone know if NatWest start this promotion again the future will I be able to try again as I havnt switched. Or does the fact that I now have a NatWest account prevent me? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback