New Natwest / RBS / Ulster Bank £200 Switch Incentive

Options

Comments

• trient
    trient Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    AmityNeon said:
    1 last question from me, I already had a current account with lloyds for bills, so just this moment opened a 2nd current account with them for the purpose of switching to Natwest. 
    It´s all set up on my Lloyds banking app, how long do i have to wait to apply to Natwest for the switch? 
    i.e do i have to wait till i get my debit card?

Thank you
    You can switch as soon as you can see the debit card number in the app, which should be before you receive the physical card in the post.
    I would not do this. Though it will no doubt work, opening an account and switching it even before the card has arrived, could leave you with a poor rep. with Lloyds if you needed to apply for subsequent donor accounts.

Although I have opened two current accounts recently with Lloyds, switching the first whilst continuing using the second, for the time being.

Is there any reason why you would not switch your first Lloyds account to Natwest and use that for your bills? This would leave the second Lloyds account available for a future switch, after it's at least been opened for a period of time.
    Seconded - there is anecdotal evidence that LBG sometimes take a dim view on accounts with short shelf life.  Ask yourself if it's worth risking getting banned.

These incentives always come back - having a more stable donor account in place for the next one would be safer.
  • saintscouple
    Options
    AmityNeon said:
    1 last question from me, I already had a current account with lloyds for bills, so just this moment opened a 2nd current account with them for the purpose of switching to Natwest. 
    It´s all set up on my Lloyds banking app, how long do i have to wait to apply to Natwest for the switch? 

Thank you
    You can switch as soon as you can see the debit card number in the app, which should be before you receive the physical card in the post.
    I would not do this. Though it will no doubt work, opening an account and switching it even before the card has arrived, could leave you with a poor rep. with Lloyds if you needed to apply for subsequent donor accounts.

Although I have opened two current accounts recently with Lloyds, switching the first whilst continuing using the second, for the time being.

Is there any reason why you would not switch your first Lloyds account to Natwest and use that for your bills? This would leave the second Lloyds account available for a future switch, after it's at least been opened for a period of time.
    The existing account is a joint account, and i can´t see clearly if this can be done as Natwest say for joint accounts you have to open a sole account and then add the 2nd person once it´s open. 

Surely i can´t use the switching service for a joint account switched to a sole account? 

When we switched to Santander recently it was a breeze - joint to joint. 
  • cwep2
    cwep2 Posts: 202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tried to apply, said they 'couldn't switch at this time' and I'd have to continue the application without switching.

It's from a Lloyds account so pretty mainstream.

Guessing a tech issue at their end, but they said they had already done a hard credit search and they'd do another one if I applied again which is a bit annoying.... Will try again tomorrow but anyone else having issues? This was around 5pm today (15th).
  • jungleboy123
    Options
    i've already bagged Natwest's incentive. Can i switch another CA to RBS and still pocket the £?
  • Middle_of_the_Road
    Options
    AmityNeon said:

Thank you

The existing account is a joint account, and i can´t see clearly if this can be done as Natwest say for joint accounts you have to open a sole account and then add the 2nd person once it´s open. 

Surely i can´t use the switching service for a joint account switched to a sole account? 

Looking at the Natwest switching guide implies they will switch joint accounts...

Your obligations
     You (or each of you, if more than one of you is required to authorise your account switch) agree and confirm that: • You will be bound by the terms of this Agreement (made up of this Consent, a data Privacy Notice, the Service Conditions and information about Your Right to Cancel the Agreement) when you sign and return it to us.

https://www.natwest.com/content/dam/natwest_com/nw-assets/pdfs/20220428NW-Switchguide-May-2022.pdf

• saintscouple
    Options
    AmityNeon said:

Thank you

Looking at the Natwest switching guide implies they will switch joint accounts...

Your obligations
     You (or each of you, if more than one of you is required to authorise your account switch) agree and confirm that: • You will be bound by the terms of this Agreement (made up of this Consent, a data Privacy Notice, the Service Conditions and information about Your Right to Cancel the Agreement) when you sign and return it to us.

https://www.natwest.com/content/dam/natwest_com/nw-assets/pdfs/20220428NW-Switchguide-May-2022.pdf

hmmm... contradicts what it says during the switching process though.... perhaps what you found applies to in branch applications only. 

Either way, there doesn´t seem a process to switch joint accounts online with Natwest, RBS, etc. 

• GlasgowExpat2
    Options
    I requested the switch last night (Lloyds to existing NatWest a/c) but I haven’t received any confirmation it’s been received?  Is this normal?
    Received a text this evening advising switch will take place on 23 February. 
  • gary1312
    gary1312 Posts: 145 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    i've already bagged Natwest's incentive. Can i switch another CA to RBS and still pocket the £?
    Yes. I have received incentives for RBS (2017) and then NatWest last year. There are many people on this board who have had them from all three. I will shortly be opening an Ulster Bank account myself.
  • James240
    James240 Posts: 16,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Accounts already been set up for me in app and had a load of text messages/emails saying its good to go and that they are liasing with old bank Monzo to transfer over everything.  Will wait till old account is fully transferred over before transferring in the £1250
    Savings Total so far for 2023: £8,062.58
  • Middle_of_the_Road
    Options
    AmityNeon said:

Thank you

Your obligations

hmmm... contradicts what it says during the switching process though.... perhaps what you found applies to in branch applications only. 

Either way, there doesn´t seem a process to switch joint accounts online with Natwest, RBS, etc. 

Looks like you've highlighted a problem regarding joint switches.

The whole joint opening/switching process is badly presented in the online banking pages.

Seems you would have to open an account, add the other person, and then switch into the new joint account.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback