New Natwest / RBS / Ulster Bank £200 Switch Incentive

Options

Comments

• Perksy5
    Perksy5 Posts: 141 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    kisaki757 said:
    This is my first time trying to use one of these offers (for any bank). I currently have a joint account with Santander. I want to switch to NatWest, preferably the free account ("Select" acct).
    I might be daft but don't understand how to initiate the switch. From their website, I go "Switch here". It takes me further down the page where the legal stuff is and below that there is a section with "All okay? Apply for a bank account online today. " When I hit "continue" there, I only get these options:
    • Open a sole Select account
    • Open a Joint Select account
    • Change my existing NatWest current account to a Select account
    • Switch a current account held elsewhere to my existing NatWest current account
    I don't get it, how do I switch???

I think someone mentioned earlier there's an issue with Natwest joint current account switch applications and it's a known issue they're trying to resolve. Someone earlier posted they too go round in circles, I think sole accounts are OK though but FYI you can't switch joint to sole you have to do joint to joint or sole to joint
  • Topscooby
    Options
    Perksy5 said:
    kisaki757 said:
    This is my first time trying to use one of these offers (for any bank). I currently have a joint account with Santander. I want to switch to NatWest, preferably the free account ("Select" acct).
    I might be daft but don't understand how to initiate the switch. From their website, I go "Switch here". It takes me further down the page where the legal stuff is and below that there is a section with "All okay? Apply for a bank account online today. " When I hit "continue" there, I only get these options:
    • Switch a current account held elsewhere to my existing NatWest current account

I think someone mentioned earlier there's an issue with Natwest joint current account switch applications and it's a known issue they're trying to resolve. Someone earlier posted they too go round in circles, I think sole accounts are OK though but FYI you can't switch joint to sole you have to do joint to joint or sole to joint
    @Perksy5 I think you just summed up what I said but in a much simpler way lol

Andy
    £12k in 2024 #18 (£5000 / £12,000)
    The 365 Day 1p Challenge 2023 #86 ( Completed at 299.42% )
  • kisaki757
    Options
    Yep, can confirm, can't do joint account. Since my other bank account is joint, I just gave up and opened a new one with Monzo and I will switch that one instead. And then somehow manually close down the other account , which is a Santander one. Knowing them I have to probably visit 5 different branches to get rid of it... 
  • Expotter
    Expotter Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    AmityNeon said:
    kisaki757 said:
    You can't switch to NatWest if you don't hold a NatWest account, so you need to open the account first. The switch application is integrated into the current account application, although if you do experience problems, you can always switch after the account is already open (last option).
    According to the T&C:

1. New customers

To get £200, you must:

(a) apply online for a NatWest Select, Reward, Premier Select or Premier Reward account (‘new eligible account’) via natwest.com or the mobile app from 14th February 2023. The application must then successfully result in an open account. Please note that in some cases, if you apply for a NatWest Select or Reward account and do not meet criteria for that particular account type, we can open a Foundation account for you instead. If this happens you will still be eligible for this offer if you also meet conditions 1(b), 1(c) and 1(d) below;

(b) as part of your application, transfer a non-NatWest current account to your new eligible account (which includes closing your non-NatWest current account and moving all your payment instructions [if any] to your new eligible account) using the Current Account Switch Service online or via the mobile app;

(c) deposit £1,250 into your new eligible account within 60 days of opening your new eligible account; and

(d) log into our mobile banking service within 60 days of opening your new eligible account.

I believe this means that new customers must switch at the time of application in order to qualify, only existing customers, i.e with accounts opened before 14/02/23 can initiate a switch at any time.
  • devansuk
    Options
    I applied on Friday passed all the I'd checks and haven't heard anything since?
  • chpst
    Options
    What's everyone's thoughts on time between switching? I've just completed a switch from Starling > Lloyds for their £200 bonus and plan to switch Lloyds > Natwest some time soon. (Possibly even the First Direct one too, see how I feel!)
    I have no large impending credit applications ie mortgages, but is it best to allow things to 'cool down' between switches & new account applications?
  • billyboy
    Options
    Just go for it after you get the bonus. I have never had any problems on any of my swaps and have competed over 10 each for and my wife since they started around 2017 and credit score has barely moved. I have never swapped my longstanding Lloyds account held for over 40 years
    Cheers!!!
  • pantaiema
    Options
    Am I correct to say there is no DDs required for the donors account to be switched to RBS?
  • piker57
    Options
    pantaiema said:
    Am I correct to say there is no DDs required for the donors account to be switched to RBS?
    That’s correct. You just have to meet the pay in (no requirement to leave it there) criteria.
  • grizzlegrizzle
    Options
    Expotter said:
    AmityNeon said:
    kisaki757 said:
    You can't switch to NatWest if you don't hold a NatWest account, so you need to open the account first. The switch application is integrated into the current account application, although if you do experience problems, you can always switch after the account is already open (last option).
    According to the T&C:

1. New customers

To get £200, you must:

(a) apply online for a NatWest Select, Reward, Premier Select or Premier Reward account (‘new eligible account’) via natwest.com or the mobile app from 14th February 2023. The application must then successfully result in an open account. Please note that in some cases, if you apply for a NatWest Select or Reward account and do not meet criteria for that particular account type, we can open a Foundation account for you instead. If this happens you will still be eligible for this offer if you also meet conditions 1(b), 1(c) and 1(d) below;

(b) as part of your application, transfer a non-NatWest current account to your new eligible account (which includes closing your non-NatWest current account and moving all your payment instructions [if any] to your new eligible account) using the Current Account Switch Service online or via the mobile app;

(c) deposit £1,250 into your new eligible account within 60 days of opening your new eligible account; and

(d) log into our mobile banking service within 60 days of opening your new eligible account.

I believe this means that new customers must switch at the time of application in order to qualify, only existing customers, i.e with accounts opened before 14/02/23 can initiate a switch at any time.
    If you're a new customer without a NatWest account then as soon as you open a NatWest account you become an existing customer.

You can initiate your account switch separately from the account application and still qualify for the bonus. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback