New Natwest / RBS / Ulster Bank £200 Switch Incentive

Options

Comments

• money4sb
    Options
    Currently there is a glitch in the application process with Natwest.

If you try to do the switch (joint account to joint account), you will be taken round and round in circles until you give up.  I called Natwest and they said they're aware of the glitch but that they don't have the manpower at the moment to remedy it.

What kind of outfit are they?  Who would launch a major offer without actually testing the process?  Hmmmmm
  • flaneurs_lobster
    Options
    money4sb said:
    Currently there is a glitch in the application process with Natwest.

If you try to do the switch (joint account to joint account), you will be taken round and round in circles until you give up.  I called Natwest and they said they're aware of the glitch but that they don't have the manpower at the moment to remedy it.

What kind of outfit are they?  Who would launch a major offer without actually testing the process?  Hmmmmm
    Each of the joint account holders could open a single account with your current bank, swap them to a couple of new NatWest accounts, £400 quid up.

Then deal with switching the joint account.
  • grizzlegrizzle
    Options
    May i ask if the £1250 has to be deposited in the NW Select account as a lump sum, or can there be various deposits totaling that amount over 60 days? 

Also once deposited, how long before the amounts can be withdrawn? Do i have to wait till the total of £1250 is in there, or can I withdraw the installments' i deposit as long as the total deposit over 6 days makes the total requirement? 

Many Thanks 
    You can get to the £1250 in as many deposits as you like and you never have to have a balance of £1250 in the account - it's the total amount deposited that needs to hit £1250.

For example, you could move the same £100 in and out of the account 13 times and this would satisfy the requirement. 
  • piker57
    piker57 Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    May I ask if forumites based here on the mainland have been able to successfully open their account with Ulster Bank, and what additional processes beyond proof of identity etc. if any were involved.

We took advantage of the NatWest offer last spring and although the Reward current accounts have moved on we've kept the Digital Regular Savers.  I'm very tempted to try RBS as it will provide an opportunity to open their version of the Digital RS to benefit from the 6% interest rate.  If however there's a possibility of £200 free from Ulster Bank too, then it's appealing to give it a try., and separately open the RBS accounts.

I would like to thank in advance anyone who responds with details of their experience, both in terms of opening an account with Ulster Bank and when appropriate if incentives were paid.
  • CuriousGirl
    Options
    Have just received a text from RBS saying thanks for switching, we're working with your old bank to move all regular payments...blah..blah...blah
  • saintscouple
    Options
    May i ask if the £1250 has to be deposited in the NW Select account as a lump sum, or can there be various deposits totaling that amount over 60 days? 

Also once deposited, how long before the amounts can be withdrawn? Do i have to wait till the total of £1250 is in there, or can I withdraw the installments' i deposit as long as the total deposit over 6 days makes the total requirement? 

Many Thanks 
    You can get to the £1250 in as many deposits as you like and you never have to have a balance of £1250 in the account - it's the total amount deposited that needs to hit £1250.

For example, you could move the same £100 in and out of the account 13 times and this would satisfy the requirement. 
    Thank you so much
  • saintscouple
    Options
    1 last question from me, I already had a current account with lloyds for bills, so just this moment opened a 2nd current account with them for the purpose of switching to Natwest. 
    It´s all set up on my Lloyds banking app, how long do i have to wait to apply to Natwest for the switch? 
    i.e do i have to wait till i get my debit card?

Thank you
  • AmityNeon
    Options
    1 last question from me, I already had a current account with lloyds for bills, so just this moment opened a 2nd current account with them for the purpose of switching to Natwest. 
    It´s all set up on my Lloyds banking app, how long do i have to wait to apply to Natwest for the switch? 

Thank you
    You can switch as soon as you can see the debit card number in the app, which should be before you receive the physical card in the post.
  • pfpf
    pfpf Posts: 4,947 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Btw... Both me and my OH did all 3 of these each on the last offer. All 6 paid out at different points. We'd never had accounts at any.
  • Middle_of_the_Road
    Middle_of_the_Road Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 15 February 2023 at 4:08PM
    Options
    AmityNeon said:

Thank you
    You can switch as soon as you can see the debit card number in the app, which should be before you receive the physical card in the post.
    I would not do this. Though it will no doubt work, opening an account and switching it even before the card has arrived, could leave you with a poor rep. with Lloyds if you needed to apply for subsequent donor accounts.

Although I have opened two current accounts recently with Lloyds, switching the first whilst continuing using the second, for the time being.

Is there any reason why you would not switch your first Lloyds account to Natwest and use that for your bills? This would leave the second Lloyds account available for a future switch, after it's at least been opened for a period of time.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback