NST June 2021: Jolly simple

Comments

• mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    I've been outside for most of the day, starting at 10.30 am. Put in a food order at 9 am and it came at 11 am. Collected link-a-bord boards, nearly filled another rubbish bag (been trailing it around with me all day, a tarpaulin and two polytunnel covers folded up and added to the pile, many, many bottles and half bottles collected and bagged, broken bits of drawers put in a space behind the shed (want them to break down a bit more before binning, don't want to break the dustcart).

Food delivery arrived and a visitor shortly after (bags were still at the gate). Brought everything in. Spread stones and soil mix (from the wettest pile) thinly on a number of gravel trays and put the trays across the potted up tomatoes and peppers so that they weren't taking up floor space. Tackled 5 separate stone/ soil piles. Cleared an area about 12 feet across by 22 feet long. Have small stacks of seed trays, pot feet, and other items, 3 new buckets of sifted soil and a full bucket of stones.

The food order I did this morning is coming from next month's budget and I also ordered a number of random items (watering spikes, a tool rack for the shed and one to go on the fence for mum and a new book for me). I had planned to put shelves in the shed but the supports are too far apart for the uprights and none of the other options are feasible so I will have a hook and clip rack all the way across the shed and will have as much as possible hanging up (also ordered a pack of turtle bags - string bags - to hold groups of smaller items but will be visible.

Grateful for the yard looking like I am getting somewhere (especially if you ignore the edges where I have stacked things), for prompt delivery, for a new seed catalogue.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • ldee2111
    ldee2111 Posts: 949
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    NSD 15! And there are only 3 days left of June and OH and I haven't had a takeaway this month. I might need to wear one of DS's 'You're a star!' stickers. 

Weather has been beautiful today. We had a slow Sunday morning, followed by OH, DS, and I taking a football to a big grassy park for a kick-about/stumble-over. On the way home, DS said 'my hair is wet!' 'That's called sweat, sweetie.'  :D

Grateful today for the sun shining, for big grassy parks, and for MIL's delicious chilli jam which I had with oatcakes and cheese for lunch.
    NST 🐢 & MFW 🤸>> MFD was: Jun 2040 MFD now: May 2029. MFD aim: December 2025
    Saving target 2024: £909 / £10,000
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,632
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    F0xh0les- did your dinner idea involve couscous or semolina???

Today I am grateful for the tools lent to us by a neighbour meaning we dismantled the pallet with nary an injury, for dh making egg + chips for us tea, for big sis setting up a video call with her and mum and us, for my skipping rope, for Monopoly.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback