Problems with Jaja.

Options

Comments

• 5dot
    Options
    I've been trying to contact Jaja to issue a new card as I believe my replacement card wasn't issued and my post office card ended in July 2020. If its a couple of months I'm definitely cancelling my account. Trying to speak to them on the phone has been waste of time so far.
  • lr1277
    lr1277 Posts: 1,690 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lr1277 said:
    Managed to get through to them in 2-3 minutes after listening to that awful music. Anyway my PIN is reset and I can open the app. As I moved my continuous payment authorities across to another card, not sure any transactions will appear here for the time being. The operative confirmed a new card would be sent out in a few months. In the meantime he said I could use the existing PO card.
    I said a few months because I couldn’t remember if the operative said 2-3 months or 3-4 months. Sorry.
  • lr1277
    lr1277 Posts: 1,690 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't know if this means there has been progress, but I logged into the app this evening and in the activate cards section, there is a new card number waiting to be activated. My current card is showing as active. I will wait for the arrival of the new card.
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,595 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 November 2020 at 10:42AM
    Options
    Tjh100 said:
    I Have cancelled my direct debit despite knowing I will have an outstanding balance because i have lost any control over my card.
    I personally wouldn't do that. You have a much higher risk of a missed payment indicator & fee plus interest than fraud. If the direct debit goes out and it's too much because of fraud then you can get your bank to return the money immediately.
    I didn't have any problem signing up for the app, although it does crash quite easily.

• MattyJ87
    Options
    I have been trying since the beginning of October to get a credit balance refund from JaJa for a cancelled holiday and like others who have posted they are completely shambolic. Initially I attempted to get the Post Office to do this before the transfer to JaJa ( I somehow knew that there probably would be problems with this to me unknown credit card company) unfortunately they didn't process it either. I called JaJa on October 8th and four other times since, I have been told the same story 7 to 10 working days, then when this didn't happen I was told that my account is being reviewed but they couldn't explain what the review process was and why it was taking place especially as there is only one transaction on my account - guess what its the refunded 4 figure amount for my cancelled holiday.  I raised a complaint and have heard nothing for three weeks about this. The last phone call the customer service agent said they were only dealing with app problems and gave me another number to call, the person who answered that call said she had no idea why I had been given the number as they were the Debt Management Team. She did look at my account and said the refund had been processed on 24th October and would be with me in 5 to 7 working days - guess what NO REFUND again. I have no trust in anything said to me over the phone by Customer Services. However if I owed them money I am pretty sure they would be chasing me for this. This company are awful, their systems are the worst I have ever come across and what is even worse I didn't choose to give them my business . The FSA or whoever must act quickly and sort this out for the many people who have been frustrated and stressed out by all the situations reported on this forum and other similar ones.
    Did you get this sorted Clarejon? My wife has exactly the same problem at the moment. JaJa holding thousands of pounds and claiming they are processing the credit balance refund but they never do. My wife has now been locked out of her account as she refused to answer the last of a dozen security questions (which would have effectively given the person in the call centre all of her card details and put her at risk of her details being stolen). She is heavily pregnant and this is causing a great amount of upset and anger. Has anyone here had their issues resolved yet? Has anyone who has made a complaint got a response?
  • Mayday
    Mayday Posts: 614 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As I've no wish to be hanging on the phone to jaja CSD, is the address in very faint grey letters at the bottom of their website the one to write to cancel my card.
    3 Valentine Place, 3rd Floor, London, England, SE1 8QH  as I can find no other CSD address on the website which I thought was a legal requirement.
  • phillw
    Options
    MattyJ87 said:
    My wife has now been locked out of her account as she refused to answer the last of a dozen security questions (which would have effectively given the person in the call centre all of her card details and put her at risk of her details being stolen).
    Don't the call centre staff already have all her details?
    Why would you refuse to go through security?

• MattyJ87
    Options
    phillw said:
    MattyJ87 said:
    My wife has now been locked out of her account as she refused to answer the last of a dozen security questions (which would have effectively given the person in the call centre all of her card details and put her at risk of her details being stolen).
    Don't the call centre staff already have all her details?
    Why would you refuse to go through security?

I'd be interested to hear from someone who works at a call centre but my own layman understanding of how call centre security normally works with a bank / credit card provider is that their software provides the operator with a few (randomly generated) key questions that reveal enough detail to verify the person calling is who they say they are (e.g. DOB or address and some info relating to the card or account) but not enough to compromise security if their was an unscrupulous operator making note of them (especially in an era where we're all working from home). 

She was being asked by a very uncertain sounding chap to confirm; long number on the card, full name on the card, expiry date, security code on the back. Just all the information you'd need if you wanted to steal someone's card details...This was after she'd answered several other questions about her DOB, address, phone number, when she set up the card, what was the last transaction, when was it and for how much etc. I've never experienced anything like it. This was all at the phase where they were supposedly trying to verify her at the start of the call (she hadn't even had the opportunity to ask them the question she was calling about). She's spoken to them three times in the last week!

When she said she wasn't willing to answer the final question they said they would have to carry out a credit check to verify her identity via Experian. Eh!? It's an absolute shambles.
  • MattyJ87
    Options
    Mayday said:
    As I've no wish to be hanging on the phone to jaja CSD, is the address in very faint grey letters at the bottom of their website the one to write to cancel my card.
    3 Valentine Place, 3rd Floor, London, England, SE1 8QH  as I can find no other CSD address on the website which I thought was a legal requirement.
    If you look here https://jaja.co.uk/complaints/ there is another address;
    Jaja Finance Customer Services, PO Box 10782, Wigston, LE18 9HS
    Good luck

• phillw
    edited 16 November 2020 at 5:38PM
    Options
    MattyJ87 said:
    She was being asked by a very uncertain sounding chap to confirm; long number on the card, full name on the card, expiry date, security code on the back. Just all the information you'd need if you wanted to steal someone's card details...
    Or the details to confirm you have the card, but the credit check sounds weird. How is that going to help?
    Are you sure you phoned the correct phone number? I would check you have the right number and phone back and make a complaint, it's possible someone dodgy is working in the call center

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback