Problems with Jaja.

Options

Comments

• sailortaw
    Options
    I was transferred by Post Office(via Bank of Ireland) to JaJa. Everything will be the same!! Unable to register, contacted Customer Services; after a wait of nearly one hour, got through and failed their security test. (what was my account balance, answer: that is what I am trying to find out! ) I asked them for a copy statement so that I could check my account- available through the app. WHICH I CANNOT LOG INTO. I use to pay via a direct debit- as I have no trust in this company AND as they will not send me details of my account, I have cancelled my direct debit and have asked for them to send me a statement.
    This company is dreadful and if the Financial Ombudsman has any powers, it should be closed down. The Post Office should be ashamed to have delivered it's loyal customers to such an organisation.
    Martin Lewes: something to get your teeth into!
  • Clarejon19
    Options
    I have been trying since the beginning of October to get a credit balance refund from JaJa for a cancelled holiday and like others who have posted they are completely shambolic. Initially I attempted to get the Post Office to do this before the transfer to JaJa ( I somehow knew that there probably would be problems with this to me unknown credit card company) unfortunately they didn't process it either. I called JaJa on October 8th and four other times since, I have been told the same story 7 to 10 working days, then when this didn't happen I was told that my account is being reviewed but they couldn't explain what the review process was and why it was taking place especially as there is only one transaction on my account - guess what its the refunded 4 figure amount for my cancelled holiday.  I raised a complaint and have heard nothing for three weeks about this. The last phone call the customer service agent said they were only dealing with app problems and gave me another number to call, the person who answered that call said she had no idea why I had been given the number as they were the Debt Management Team. She did look at my account and said the refund had been processed on 24th October and would be with me in 5 to 7 working days - guess what NO REFUND again. I have no trust in anything said to me over the phone by Customer Services. However if I owed them money I am pretty sure they would be chasing me for this. This company are awful, their systems are the worst I have ever come across and what is even worse I didn't choose to give them my business . The FSA or whoever must act quickly and sort this out for the many people who have been frustrated and stressed out by all the situations reported on this forum and other similar ones.
  • whitesmith
    Options
    Well according to Google JaJa means Haha ...
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 4 November 2020 at 11:26AM
    Options
    Well according to Google JaJa means Haha ...
    Having lived in a Spanish speaking country that's the way I would normally pronounce it (haha).

Judging by most of the posts I've seen they are certainly a bit of a joke...
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Growingold
    Options
    Just wondered if people have received their new credit card from Jaja and when?  I am still waiting.
  • Tjh100
    Options
    Tried to register again today. Helpful chap on the phone and got through in under 10 minutes, however same problems remain whichever way we tried still got the narrative “ your details do not match”!  I Have cancelled my direct debit despite knowing I will have an outstanding balance because i have lost any control over my card.  I clear off the full balance every month but I have no way of knowing if there has been fraud on my account. I like to check each transaction before my direct debit goes out.  I’m totally stuck between a rock and a hard place as I will probably damage my credit rating now. I have had a Post Office card for over 10 years and never had a problem.  I’m at a total loss as to what to do next. JAJA say today they are going ring me back, but they said that three weeks ago. Frustrating doesn’t come close.
  • JamesPeter
    JamesPeter Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 5 November 2020 at 3:16PM
    Options
    Just wondered if people have received their new credit card from Jaja and when?  I am still waiting.
    When I (eventually) spoke with Jaja they said it could be a number of months before new cards are sent out.
    Despite my 'transfer' from Post Office Platinum credit card to Jaja going (reasonably) well - at least I can access the app - I am very wary of using Jaja with my old Post Office card. Fortunately I have other, better cards to use and only really had the PO Platinum for the 0% on overseas transactions on holidays.
    If, as or when I eventually do get the new Jaja card, I will only use it very warily.
  • michael1234
    Options
    Such an annoying company. Every time I phone I get the "we're experiencing unusual call volumes". 
    They blocked my card probably because I'm abroad but unlike other companies there is no method of me telling them securely that "yes its me please unblock my card" - e.g. with a text to my phone or within their app.

This is a company that bought customers from BankOfIreland branded PostOffice who were attracted to the card due to the "free" use of their card abroad. And yet they require any customer who is abroad for more than around a week or two to telephone them. Having done that, they can't even provide adequate telephone call centre facilities. Grim. Time to get a Revolut card or similar I think,
  • lr1277
    lr1277 Posts: 1,690 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Managed to get through to them in 2-3 minutes after listening to that awful music. Anyway my PIN is reset and I can open the app. As I moved my continuous payment authorities across to another card, not sure any transactions will appear here for the time being. The operative confirmed a new card would be sent out in a few months. In the meantime he said I could use the existing PO card.
  • 5dot
    Options
    lr1277 said:
    Managed to get through to them in 2-3 minutes after listening to that awful music. Anyway my PIN is reset and I can open the app. As I moved my continuous payment authorities across to another card, not sure any transactions will appear here for the time being. The operative confirmed a new card would be sent out in a few months. In the meantime he said I could use the existing PO card.
    Few months, !!!!!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure