Ready for the next stage!

Options

Comments

• riotlady
    riotlady Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks MF, feeling optimistic about things improving! 

Haha, I'm glad it's not just me, SW!

Thanks Skinty :) 
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,988 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Just favourite the whole section, or use the bookmark flag for the diaries you follow, it's so much easier to find and saves many hours of hair pulling!
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • riotlady
    Options
    Well I had a lovely weekend :) Saturday I went shopping with two of my best friends. I looked at lots of wedding dresses but in the end settled on one that I bought online (£400, under budget). We also had a nice lunch out in pizza express (£15) and did a bridal makeup trial that one of my lovely bridesmaids is going to try and recreate on the day (£150 for the makeup, bit over budget) 

Sunday I had a nice cheap day at home with mini riot while riotdude was at work. We did some jigsaws and played with playdo then went to feed the ducks in the nature reserve- they weren’t actually there, but mini nevertheless enjoyed dumping food into the lake regardless xD Apparently bread isn’t very good for ducks so I usually take a bag of brown rice, oats, etc from what I have lying around the house.

Yesterday I did lots of jobs around the house, a good chunk of work for placement and had a cheeky pub lunch with my mum. I’m pretty tired today so just resting, but I’m not feeling terrible which is great!
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oooh riot that sounds lovely. How wonderful. You are helping to cheer me up! All that fun to help plan the wedding.  Glad you had a nice time with mini riot too. Glad you are resting. Well done you.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    Sounds like a great bridal hunting day and a wonderful weekend to go with it. 
    Hope you're feeling the benefits of a rest day, but don't push yourself, ease into life gently. Get used to doing a bit more and watch how your body reacts.
  • riotlady
    Options
    Thanks guys :) 
    yes you’re right, MF, need to take things slowly and not overdo it! 

Mini riot started coughing yesterday so we’ve been for a test this morning (if you’ve never tried to stick a swab up a 3 year olds nose for 10 seconds, let me tell you it ain’t easy!) and now chilling at home while we wait for the results. Fingers crossed for a negative!
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Keeping fingers crossed. Poor mini
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    Hope mini riot is ok!
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,630 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope you are all ok & mini riot has recovered. Sounds like you had a lovely day out with friends and great news that it didn’t knock you out the next day 
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • riotlady
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) 

Well looks like I was overconfident about how well I managed last weekend as I crashed out a bit on Wednesday and Thursday, never mind! Mini doesn’t have covid thankfully but had to pick her up from nursery and take her to doctors as she wouldn’t get off the potty and they thought she had a water infection again. Doctors said no infection so it looks like it’s just psychological- she’s had too much going on down there and she’s over aware of it so she’s wanting to go all the time. Haven’t been able to leave the house all weekend as she is just constantly on the potty, we’re trying to not make a big deal of it and keep her distracted as much as possible. 

Looks like budget should be on track for the end of the month but I probably won’t be able to save any extra over the £180 that goes straight into the LISA by direct debit 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback