Ready for the next stage!

Options

Comments

• MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,955 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Mini riot is doing so well and I'm sure she enjoyed the scarecrows even though the competition is delayed.

You can't put a price on things which make your life easier.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That vacuum cleaner is great. The boys have one and it has a light and everything. Well done Mini Riot. 
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • riotlady
    riotlady Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Apparently it’s a bendy one too so it can get under the sofa and things? I’m actually quite excited, what has become of me xD 

Feeling rough today so I’m working from bed. Riotdude brought me in soup and a roll for lunch.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Glad riotdude is looking after you, I hope the work was done and you had a good lie in. I might do the same lesson prep in my sofa bed in front of telly!
  • riotlady
    Options
    He is a gem! 
    I’ve had a proper day off today and I’m definitely feeling a little bit better. riotdude made me French toast for brunch and I had a nice bath with a face mask. 
    Spent £60 on the Morrisons order and also got mini riot some cheapy spare shoes for nursery (£6) because she keeps   weeing in them! 
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    Taking her potty training to another level!
    Your day sounds so relaxing.
  • riotlady
    edited 11 May 2021 at 10:35AM
    Options
    A nice weekend in the riot household :) I am really happy- on Sunday one of mini riot’s friends had a birthday party in the park. I managed to walk there, stand around with the other mums for a few hours and walk home again, without totally crashing, so that was quite a big deal for me and I’m really pleased :) mini riot had a great time running around with all the other kids too, flinging herself off things and going down the slide headfirst! 

Budget isn’t going too badly, I’ve overspent a bit on household things having to buy random stuff like blackout curtains for mini riot (she was up at 5 this morning!) but everything else is in check. 
    The wedding budget is also going surprisingly well, with a few things coming in under what I had budgeted for them. The venue is very pretty and they have a lot of decor around already so I’m not going to go mad on decorations that will be only be used once. Next thing on my list is my ring! 
    Boring but restful day today editing transcriptions for my research placement on the sofa. 
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    Sounds like a fantastic weekend and what a confidence builder for you knowing there was less impact than expected.
    Your budgets are working well and I'm sure you'll find the right ring.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Hurrah for a party and a day out for you! Happy planning for the wedding. What a lovely thing to prepare for.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,596 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Great news on all the wedding savings. Hope it can all go ahead with few covid restrictions. Venue sounds lovely & great they have lots of decor already. 
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback