Ready for the next stage!

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Brilliant news on the placement, you are a valued student I am so glad they have helped. Nothing wrong with Octonaughts and hanging out at home. It is very MSE. 
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • DiscountDuck
    Options
    Staying at home and saving money is a great plan. The weather is about to make it a lovely place to be too 😁☀️😎
    Really pleased for you about the placement.
  • riotlady
    riotlady Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I haven’t been very good at keeping up with this diary lately! Current updates 

- I had my appointment at the fatigue clinic and, pending a last few blood tests, have a diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome. I’m being referred for physio/OT support 

- Started my placement from home and that’s going fine. Wish I could be out and about with service users but never mind! 

- We have £6200 in our house deposit fund out of a target of £13000, nearly half way there! Assuming I can finish my course and get a job, buying a house early next year is looking like a very real possibility. 

- We’re trying to potty train mini riot over this long weekend, fingers crossed! xD
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    At least you know and can start working with it, than fighting against it. Knowing should make things a little easier and getting help is a step forward plus you're doing a placement!

Deposit is looking great.

Good luck with the training.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,596 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So glad you now have a diagnosis and can start to get the help you need. 

Deposit savings are looking great. Good luck with potty training. I seem to remember starting with DS years ago once the weather got warmer & they don’t get cold in just underwear or shorts. Was a long time ago he’s 26 now 😆
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    DIA, i was going to post but am still laughing at Skinty's post so I shant and will continue to laugh. 
  • riotlady
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) 

We did well sticking to our April budget and managed to put an extra £100 in savings at the end of the month. 

Potty training has been going pretty well! We’ve been at home all weekend but we’re going to brave going to my mum’s today and her villages scarecrow competition, will be packing lots of spare trousers! 
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Perhaps you've a natural on your hands and Mini Riot doesn't give you any tales to tell!

Well done putting the extra away, it all helps.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I love scarecrow competitions, towns and villages do brilliant things we cant do in a city! Mini Riot sounds v advanced for her age. Well done on extra £100!
  • riotlady
    Options
    Sadly the scarecrow competition was postponed but lots of people had them outside their houses so we still got to wander around and look at some. And no accidents! So she’s proudly gone off to nursery today in pants. 

Our beloved and elderly Hetty Hoover, which I bought when I first started living on my own, has finally given up the ghost. I haven’t really been able to use it much since I got ill as it’s quite heavy to get out of the cupboard and manoeuvre around. So we have decided to splurge on a Shark cordless vacuum which will hopefully be easier for me to handle! It was £275 (reduced from £375) and I am a bit !! at the price as I’ve never spent anything like that much on a small appliance but it has a 5 year warranty and the reviews are great so I think it’ll be good for me. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback