Ready for the next stage!

Options

Comments

• MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,924 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    One down, one to go 😃
    Break cleaning down in to bite size bits, don't try and do loads in a day.
    Budget is plenty for this month and eating has a habit of being all of the place.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That is brilliant. Money left over well done you. So sorry about exhaustion,  I hope you are resting (no more housework except dishes for the rest of the week) so you can really enjoy Mini Riots birthday.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • riotlady
    riotlady Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Mini riot had a lovely birthday! The cake my friend made (Frozen themed, of course) was amazing and she was thrilled with her train set. That’s 2/3 birthdays she’s had in lockdown now so I’m hoping next year we can have a bit of a party! 
    We also managed to get rid of mini’s dummies a couple of days before, thanks to a visit from the “dummy fairy” who took them all away and brought her an early birthday present. I honestly thought t would be more of a struggle but she accepted it and hadn’t asked for a dummy once. She’s now having a bit of a fairy obsession so we’re also watching a lot of Tinkerbell xD 
    LISA bonus came through so that’s an additional £700 in savings :) I’m so pleased with how they’re doing, I keep looking at my savings accounts like a dragon admiring it’s hoard xD 
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    I've heard the fairy works with swapping things over, glad her birthday went well and there's many more years for parties.

The bonus is good and being a dragon keeps the motivation.
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What a brilliant way to help her. Fab news on savings too. All in all it sounds like a good week. 
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Sounds like mini riot had a lovely birthday 🥳 Great news about the dummy fairy 🧚🏻‍♀️ and the lisa bonus 
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • riotlady
    riotlady Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks folks! 
    More good news- it’s not totally confirmed yet but it looks like uni have found me a placement I can do part time from home for 8 weeks. I’ll still have hours left to do after but I’ll be a lot closer to finishing! Hopefully I’ll be starting at the end of April.

I didn’t manage to book any National trust visits or anything over Easter so looks like we’re just hanging out at home :) Spent some time in the garden this morning but it was a bit chilly so now we’re back inside watching Octonauts. Pasta for lunch and chicken and sweet potato mash for tea. 

Biiig nursery bill this month so hoping I can keep a reasonably tight handle on other expenses. 
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    That's sounding very promising and all helps towards your hours.
    Hope the weather picks up for you ☀️
  • atrixa
    atrixa Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news! I hope it warms up a bit next week :)
  • DiscountDuck
    Options
    Ooh you’re so nearly there, in two weeks it will all be done and just think how amazing you’ll feel! If you want a proofreader or someone to double check referencing etc just pm me and I’ll happily help. I’m so in awe of you managing to get this done while parenting, saving and dealing with health issues. Well done you!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback