Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Embracing the new family dynamics and looking forward to the future with optimism

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Marriage, Relationships & Families
1.8K replies 474.8K views

Replies

• CairnCairn Forumite
    38 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts
    Selling in spring is an excellent idea. Didn’t the value of caravans and whatnot increase in the summer due to people having staycations? I doubt overseas travel will be back to normal next year. 

Either way I hope you sell it and get some respite. 
  • pollyanna_26pollyanna_26 Forumite
    4K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have a lot on your plate Ss. I had no idea the highways dept had contacted you so was just trying to think how you could get the best price for the van rather than stupid offers.
    I wasn't sure if you needed the money now but thankfully that's not a problem at the moment. I know you'd prefer a decent offer but is there any chance you could take less if it needs moving asap? Could be worth posting on fairly local sites the really dedicated people are on. Rather than find the funds, time and labour to fix it there are many who'd enjoy bringing it back to a good condition. You wouldn't get top price but you wouldn't be looking at repairs etc when you need to satisfy the highway rules.
    Black dog wise do what I and many others do take each day as it comes. Do what you can and don't sweat the small stuff. Try to deal with anything urgent asap and leave less important things until you have more time to.
    I'm so glad your mum is ok. I've wondered how she was after the hospitalisation etc so am glad she's staying well. Hope your friend and her family are ok. I seem to have bit of a problem remembering names at the moment. Not sure if it's Kitty but her signature is I will not fear. Think of that Ss Fear is a mind killer . Try deep breaths or whatever helps when you're feeling overwhelmed.
    You've gone thorugh too much over the years so find little moments to try to find a bit of you time. Not always possible but as much as possible take care of you.
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.
  • badmemorybadmemory Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has she tried turning it sideways as just increasing the font size makes the lines very short?
  • oystercatcheroystercatcher Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    My elderly mum finds one of those touch screen pen thingy's helps her use a tablet computer. When she finger taps nothing happens.