Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Embracing the new family dynamics and looking forward to the future with optimism

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Marriage, Relationships & Families
1.8K replies 474.9K views

Replies

• edited 16 October 2020 at 10:24AM
    KxMxKxMx Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 October 2020 at 10:24AM
    I had to do household isolation when Mum was ill with symptoms and couldn't get tested. It sucks but unfortunately a feature of life now.

One of my cousins children (she has twins in seperate classes) is currently off school for the same reason.

Going to happen many more times before this thing is over :(
  • hb2hb2 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    It's great to hear from you again Savvy! I'm sorry that GS1 is having more bad days than good. Isolation certainly won't be helping things especially as, as KxMx said, it could happen multiple times :(

We are lucky that our numbers have been very low down here, so no notifications of potential exposure as yet. However, cases are increasing and we have been given an 'amber alert' by our council, warning that we are likely to move into the 'high' category unless things change quickly (which doesn't seem likely). Our son is currently in Berlin but London (where he lives permanently) has moved into 'high' so it seems very likely that we won't be able to get together for my OH's 70th birthday early next month.
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • berrybugberrybug Forumite
    50 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts
    Glad to see you back Savvy sorry the wee ones having bad days and you are all now isolating but I’m sure it’s like everything else you will overcome it all .
    I also fear people not following the advice are not doing any favours but just you wait and see  they will be the ones complaining oh we are missing all the Christmas celebrations ,
    like the dogs say why are the humans wearing muzzles ? because they didn’t learn to sit and stay!!!
    I pray for patience as strength might just get me in trouble !!!!
  • missbishimissbishi Forumite
    229 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    berrybug said:
    like the dogs say why are the humans wearing muzzles ? because they didn’t learn to sit and stay!!!
    I know covid is no laughing matter but that really did tickle me! Thank you for the giggle, it was much needed : )
  • berrybugberrybug Forumite
    50 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts
    Missbishi it made me giggle too then I thought about it and decided yes it’s quite true ,we all wear face coverings in public places and we are encouraged to stay home as much as we can but until everyone follows the rules this virus looks like it’s going to be here a while yet ,so I’m not holding my breath for a family Christmas this year sadly
    I pray for patience as strength might just get me in trouble !!!!