Forum Home» Marriage, Relationships & Families

Embracing the new family dynamics and looking forward to the future with optimism - Page 175

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Embracing the new family dynamics and looking forward to the future with optimism

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Marriage, Relationships & Families
1.8K replies 455.5K views

Replies

• beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    73.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The lack of me time must be really hard. 
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • Savvy_sewingSavvy_sewing Forumite
    11.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beanielou said:
    The lack of me time must be really hard. 
    That's the hardest part of this all.

When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewingSavvy_sewing Forumite
    11.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was on a influencer course yesterday on line. So much to think about.
     I am hoping that after half term and the children are back in school that I can start a few changes to my working schedule.
    dgs1 is still very very challenging and being confined to home is a difficult time, but we are surviving. Had to keep Dgs2 home as he's constipated and we are just waiting for a prescription from the doctors for him. Bless he is rather pale and uncomfortable.
    Dgd is resisting routine and I am trying to get her to engage again. Hopefully as the weekend we are able to go out again things will improve.

When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • hb2hb2 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I can imagine that the lack of privacy/me time would be very hard to cope with :(
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • BrassicWomanBrassicWoman Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    lovely to hear from you xx
    GC Nov 20 £51.16/£100
  • ivyleafivyleaf Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting, Savvy. Glad DGS  and DGD will be getting help. Sorry to hear you have to self-isolate again though!
  • pollyanna_26pollyanna_26 Forumite
    3.6K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    where is the time going?
     Hi people. We are getting somewhere. The funding for the assessments for Dgs1 has finally been agreed.
     The post adoption team are going to work with dGD as well as him.
    We have just heard from school this morning that a family in the school have Covid so we have to self isolate DGs1 again! This time until 17th November.
     I am not looking forward to that.
    However it is much worse for a lot of people and we do at least have a garden if the weather is clement enough.

stay safe x

Charger no 3 for this new laptop so everything crossed I wont be stuck without the internet again.
    I'm so pleased the support for DGS1 and for DGD is going to happen.
    Te problems with needing to self isolate must be very frustrating. Apart from the impact on daily life DGS1 must be so confused and frustrated . It really doesn't help with a routine.
    The weather here has been not so good but we are promised less downpours and some warmer days. I hope you can make use of the garden if things improve.
    Have you been offered any support yourself? Maybe it's a thing of the past with all the cuts but if there is some respite you need it.
    Hope all here are ok and beanie is still plodding.
    No one knows when but "This too shall pass"
    Take care everone and try to find at least one smile or good thing in each day.
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.