NST January 2020: A Turtle Quest

Options

Comments

• mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Another quiet NSD for me. Best bit of the day was having a bath - not had one for weeks. It was an adventure as when I got in, I had no idea if I would be able to get out. yesterday was the first day I could bend down without going dizzy so I'm improving all round - I'll be chasing dolly round those hills in no time.

Nudging things along, doing one thing at a time to improve things. Large bin bag of rubbish went out, small carrier of paper when I went to bring the paper bin back, took last few things out of the dishwasher, reloaded and set it off.

Had the last smoked haddock fillet for lunch with a very small handful of chips (last corner of a bag) and a pile of green beans. Cooked remains of a bag of cauli and a bag of broccoli in the microwave and collected the recycling whilst lunch cooked.

Later discovered they were both out of the house (thought maybe there was a preview showing of the turtles film). Not feeling like it but took the chance to go in their bedroom and collect rubbish (another bagful) and threw empty bottles and boxes towards the top of the stairs then kicked them down and walked down with the rubbish bag. All in respective bins.

Went to take 2 pizza boxes out but one had pizza (less than half) left in it, so I had that for tea. They might have had plans for it but I'm sick of things being left in the fridge or just around and having to throw them out later. Cauli/ broccoli cheese can be for tomorrow but my knees have told me they have done enough for today.

Brought a block of cheese and the grater upstairs with me and will carry on sorting scraps of paper from old notebooks. It's best to do what I can each day but keep letting my body recover from the nasty bugs. The fridge can be cleaned tomorrow - have used so much up you can now see the spinach leaves stuck on the back. had a quick look in the large plastic bin outside and my pre-holiday veg look to be in excellent condition.

Want to use as much as possible so the freezer can be cleaned (iced up again as someone didn't put the drawers back properly) and then restock as much as possible from stuff I have in. Planning a shop for next month to arrive before the end of the month (to fill in the gaps). Put a pack of frozen berries to defrost but may need to buy sugar free jslly (had some but someone ate it).

Today I am grateful for a bath, yummy food and a good book or two to read. I know we are supposed to be checking our grand plan for the year but atm I'm doing what I can (micro managing) and substituting (leg exercises on the bed as I'm not up to much walking). Not forgotten the plan - baby steps and clearing the decks for action.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Mothernerd - my grand plan is also being neglected, after my hernia repair surgery. But I'll get back to it at some point. My current quest is to mend, take it easy and keep moving as much as I can. One day I'll be back there, doing belly-down burpees, but probably not this side of the spring equinox...

Today I am grateful for being mobile enough to take dd to school, for dh finding the half of her brace-thingy she'd lost in the night (only got it yesterday afternoon, and already we need a tracking device on it!), for dh having some extra work, for a friend popping round, for a snooze on the sofa, for the Youth winter olympics (red button, 601 on freeview) and their awesome ski and snowboard acrobatics.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 22 January 2020 at 8:52PM
    Options
    Still on NSD 10 those rotters who make the drink that rhymes with GremSip have gone and stuck lactose in even more of their products. And they have tinkered with the range that was suitable for age 12 and now it is all 16+ and with added lactose. The Swines! So I have been around all the local shops buying up the very limited old stock. DS3 is an absolute bVgger for coming home with coughs and sneezes and needs all the help he can get.
    NSD was scuppered by them eating an entire loaf of bread as toast for breakfast. Growing boys. Sandwiches are needed for tomorrow's lunchboxes, so I no longer have a NSD but I can fill their lunchboxes. Could have been worse.

DS4 is sulking as I have not baked and so there was no pudding. Apparently I should be ashamed. Oh well, life is full of disappointments.

Congratulations AuntieMissTara

Heal quickly Apple

Gratitudes - I am grateful for being me, as I do not think anyone else could do it better. 39p Almond and Cashew (rice dream) milks in Mr Her0n, candles, hot water bottles, hot vegetable soup, stroppy children who make me laugh with all their nonsense, and grateful that their nonsense is the worst thing they have ever experienced.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Dolly - how did you get on with dd's A level choices parents evening?
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 22 January 2020 at 10:55PM
    Options
    Yesterday was a spend day as I bought a present for my sister and birthday presents for my mum and a friend. I also paid for somewhere to stay when we go to visit my sister at the weekend and got a small top up shop. Today has been a NSD so now up to 14/16 :D

Grateful for supportive colleagues, coffee, my car, OH making me laugh :D
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10802.94/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1550.15/£2000 (77.5% saved).
  • abundant1972
    Options
    Good evening!

First off - congratulations Misstara - that's fab news!!!

Day off today, and actually got to the gym at last!!! I have dropped all the weights down and increased my reps so it's easier on the joints. I'm back watching what I eat and downloaded the 12 week NHS weight loss plan. It looks pretty good - some good tips on there.

Today not an NSD as bought some healthy cereal to stop me filling up on bread every morning. So I am still on 14/16.

Today I am grateful for:

1) The NHS! It has it's flaws but it does a lot of good too.
    2) My body and physical health and mobility. It is easy to take it for granted and I need to start looking after myself a bit better.
    3) For a well stocked kitchen, and food on my table.

Have a nice night folks and I'll see you all tomorrow x
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • Deni_debt-free_dreamer
    Options
    Evening everyone
    Haha apple - you can't see my cape on my ID badge as I didn't have my hood up ;) hope you are recovering well from your op
    I've had a long day at work and a drive home in the fog which meant I missed my exercise class. Nevermind instead I logged onto HMRC and can claim a massive spend day as I paid my tax for my self employment work :( Glad it's out the way.
    Gratitudes:
    home made cake at work
    friendly colleagues
    nice text from old uni friend who lives near my new job
    Dxx
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021
    2023 Mortgage Free Wannabee #92023 Mortgage free in March 23 !
    Decluttering Campaign member 2023🏅🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2024 🏅🏅
  • abundant1972
    Options
    Quick review of this month's goals. Been putting off for ages!!!

QUESTION
    : I have lapsed a few times and impulse bought, but on the whole I have stayed on track

UNLOVED/UNUSED: Really not done this at all. Epic fail. I was going to get a box and decorate it and put stuff in. I'll get on it and it can be an ongoing thing throughout the year.

EXERCISE: Gym has been sporadic and have achieved zero walks outside!!! Bad Abundant! On the plus I am on day 37 of my mindfulness journey today! Not missed one!

SAVINGS: I have bought own brand food, and continued to save towards bigger expenses.

THANKFULNESS: Daily gratitudes have gone well on here for the most part. Not quite got my friends book together yet. Have some time off next week, so will try to get it started then.

Not bad - but a few areas I can improve upon! Right - I am really off to bed now!!!
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Dolly - how did you get on with dd's A level choices parents evening?

Really well thanks apple. She has been given the green light to do 4 A levels with an elective if she wants (she doesn't), she has opted to do Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Physics with a view to studying medicine or doing a Physics degree as a backup. I hope she gets her choices now. We feel really lucky that they have a sixth form at school, it is one of the best schools in the country, the staff are excellent and know her really well and the sixth form area for free time, lunch etc is in a gorgeous converted church.

Hope you are taking it easy and are on the mend.

f0xh0les - I think a honey and lemon drink and a paracetamol does the same job as a Lempsip.

I felt like a proper grown up yesterday. My new walking trousers arrived and they are fabulous, I bought last years colours for less than half the price of current ones, they are guaranteed for life and will be repaired and I just bought one pair, I didn't do my normal thing of buying multiples or buying £75 worth of stuff to get free postage. I am planning a moorland walk at the weekend weather permitting.

Plan for today is to finish my coffee and have another one :D, clean the windows, plant my new trees if I can, collect a library book for DH, post a parcel (another ebay sale), walk the dog, cook, sort laundry and then school run.

On the subject of ebay sales, I just found out that paypal has now increased their fees from 20p + 2.9% to 30p + 2.9%, on small sales this is massive, they are very greedy.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    F0xh0les - my liddle had the blackcurrant version without milk, but it was still age 16+. They also had capsules without milk. I tend to do what dolly does - hot honey + lemon (though you can't do the honey...) and a paracetamol or I sometimes swirl a dispersible aspirin around in it instead of paracetamol.

I am mending, thank you. And taking it sooo easy. But I have no desire to be active and 'doing things' so I'm trying to listen to my body. I have been having a daily snooze on the sofa :D. The hospital gave me a 2 week fit note, which took away the pressure of trying to be fit to go back asap and means that I can just relax.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure