We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Breeze gone.

Options

Comments

• Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 18 February 2020 at 7:11PM
    Options
    Now received an email from British Gas asking me to set up a Direct Debit now that they've transferred my Breeze account- though there's no change in the detail on my BG account- no bill. Anyone else?

• JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    airmac said:
    I logged onto the Breeze Logon Home page today to check some account details, and I noticed the Breeze Closure information has changed? There is so much more information now from the Administrators explaining what is going to happen, when & why.
    If you scroll right to the bottom of the information provided it explains what is happening with the meter readings we all provided on and around the 22 Dec 19, it also explains what is happening with any Credit Balances with Breeze....hope this answers many of the questions we have all been trying to clear up? 
    I've just looked at this, thanks. I have two unpaid bills from Breeze that I suppose I should now pay - happy to do that. I'm wondering if I should make two payments to the sort code and account number stated - one for each bill, or just one payment for the total of both bills. I'll quote my customer number in any case. Any views on that?
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd send two cheques payable to Breeze Energy Account 12345678 or whatever.  If they're cashed then they can't deny having been paid, whereas a faster payment might disappear without trace.  You might even be able to get the bank to return the paid cheques, or scans.
  • dnpark38
    dnpark38 Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi im with octopus energy/gas. if you sign up using my link below, you can receive £50 credit to your account. Octopus energy is cheaper than the big 4. you have to sign up through my link to recieve the credit, new members who do it normally through the website don't receive any free credit. I have been with these for months and pay a cheap price compared to what i was paying on pay as you go before. (You have to copy the link below and paste it into your browser.) 
    share.octopus.energy/aglow-duck-364
    Sorry but once bitten twice shy.
  • Cookie_Muncher
    Options
    Zanzib said:
    Now received an email from British Gas asking me to set up a Direct Debit now that they've transferred my Breeze account- though there's no change in the detail on my BG account- no bill. Anyone else?

I've just had a final bill for my gas which covered up to 5th Feb. Electricity is due to switch tomorrow, so I'm guessing it will be another couple of weeks before my final bill will be ready.
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,349 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Transfer to Avro yesterday has gone through ok and I have just logged onto my account and switched to their new tariff saving another £6 a month  :)  Seems nice and straightforward and easy to use 
    Logging onto my BG account it is now telling me I owe them £141.32! there are no dates for the period this applies to and I can`t find a bill on my account.  Please has anyone actually had a bill from BG?  I`m a little reluctant to pay this until I know exactly what it is for.  Thank you 

• Cookie_Muncher
    Options
    Transfer to Avro yesterday has gone through ok and I have just logged onto my account and switched to their new tariff saving another £6 a month  :)  Seems nice and straightforward and easy to use 
    Logging onto my BG account it is now telling me I owe them £141.32! there are no dates for the period this applies to and I can`t find a bill on my account.  Please has anyone actually had a bill from BG?  I`m a little reluctant to pay this until I know exactly what it is for.  Thank you 

Yes, I've had a final bill for my gas. If you click on Billing in your BG account, you will find it in there although you might have to wait a few days before the bill becomes available to download. You will also get an email to say that your bill is now ready to view online. Hope this helps :)
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,381 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And what are people with credit planning to do, assuming the bill does not show your credit?
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,349 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Cookie_Muncher, I have found the link but there is no bill showing yet, hopefully in a day or so.  Did you bill include any credit you might have had from Breeze? they have had plenty of time to sort these credits out, wonder if we will ever actually see them again  :#
  • dnpark38
    dnpark38 Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well I'm waiting to hear when you guys have got your credit from Breeze then I will know if mine came or I lost out by transferring to Scottish Power just before Breeze went under.
    Not doing too well with SP by the way.
    They are from next month are increasing my DD whem my Feb. bill is in credit.   I'm worried if they are like Breeze and like to have customers in big credits.  I've asked them to continue with the DD as it was.
    Also they missed an appointment to fit Smart meters and they refusing to pay the £30 compensation that seems to be an industry wide thing and I think a Government requirement.
    I can't up and leave as they have early leaving penalties which would be like throwing good money after bad.
    As this the first supplier I've had that charge penalties I'v leant a lesson on this one, roll on November.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure