Breeze gone.

Options

Comments

• Cookie_Muncher
    Options
    dnpark38 said:
    JohnB47 said:
    I know it's complicated if someone has started a move before Breeze stopped trading but for others, surely it is simple. Here is a quote from the Ofgem website:

"I’m in credit to my old supplier. Will I get this money back?

"Your new supplier will pay back the outstanding credit you may have. Once we have appointed the new supplier, they will contact you to explain how this will work. Costs for energy you have used but have not yet been billed for will be deducted from your account balance. Our advice is to take a meter reading and a note of your account balance if you know it, and to wait for them to get in touch with you."

Web page here: https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/extra-help-energy-services/ofgem-safety-net-if-your-energy-supplier-goes-out-business
    Yes aware of that but my question was have BG contacted people and paid credits back yet?
    I've not had credit back from BG or my new supplier. 
    No point in me shouting if BG not paid out yet to anyone.

I have just been on to web chat with British Gas regarding my credit from Breeze as nothing showing in my account. I was told that once my account had been fully set up (28 days), British Gas receive the money from Breeze and then they will send out a cheque.
  • dnpark38
    dnpark38 Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I have just been on to web chat with British Gas regarding my credit from Breeze as nothing showing in my account. I was told that once my account had been fully set up (28 days), British Gas receive the money from Breeze and then they will send out a cheque.
    As your account passed this 28 day or you still in it?
    Please let me know when credit prossed to you, thanks.
  • Cookie_Muncher
    Options
    dnpark38 said:

As your account passed this 28 day or you still in it?
    Please let me know when credit prossed to you, thanks.
    This Thursday will be 28 days and yes of course, will let you know :)
  • Chocmonster7
    Options
    Avro have today emailed to say my switch has gone through and asking for my opening readings. Have logged into their website to find that the meter readings section won't let me enter anything. Oh joy!  :/
  • Chocmonster7
    Options
    Have now just had a call from British Gas trying to get me to stay, bit late!
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,349 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have just logged onto my BG account and it is all set up!   My balance is showing as £0.00,  the £50.44 credit I had with Breeze is not on my account.

• gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,378 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For the leavers, were you forced to pay up your full bill and then reclaim breeze credit when it appears later? Or did you refuse on the basis of having sufficient credit?
  • dnpark38
    dnpark38 Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    gwapenut said:
    For the leavers, were you forced to pay up your full bill and then reclaim breeze credit .....
    People who were Breeze customers when they closed would have their debit OR credit transferred to BG by Ofgem.
    In my case I left a few weeks earlier in credit of over £200 on my instigated normal change of supplier to Scottish Power.  BG in January sent me an e-mail of intention to transfer me to from My Present Supplier I rejected that as had that happened I would have have to pay SP exit fees putting me further out of pocket.

• NINJA59
    NINJA59 Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    With YE which has gone through smoothly and is much cheaper.
    I know YE can be slow on the phones but they have been overrun I think with ex breeze customers looking for a better deal.

Regarding BG i had a jan to feb statement requesting payment by the 18th Feb for £90, unable to download it i have just paid it off to zero it all 

I will be calling them on Friday mind to ensure this is all recorded. I am more glad to just be on a cheaper tariff and not with a joke organisation. I am not exactly fussed with my credit which was £40. But for those in the hundreds I definitely would.
    It is one reason I cancelled our water bill direct debit as they were taking the pee.
  • ABN
    ABN Posts: 290 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options

On the 7th Feb got an email from BG titled “Your January-January energy bill” asking for £30.62. No details as to what it was for either in the email or website (download not ready)

Logged on today to see if details were available, still not ready, but a second bill has appeared asking for £19.90 bringing the total to £50.52. This at least had some detail. It was for electricity only covering the period 16th Jan to 26th Jan (my leaving date)

So still don't know

a) what the first £30 was for.

b) how much for between Breeze closing and BG account fully opened.

c) gas bill for the period covered in the electric bill.

How much more complicated can BG make it? They actually workout cheaper than my current Octopus deal but noway I would move to a company with this level of incompetence.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback