Breeze gone.

Options

Comments

• dnpark38
    dnpark38 Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you received the money you were in credit with Breeze?
    I moved from them in November just before they closed so never got it.
  • DougMilford
    Options
    dnpark38 said:
    No, I moved around the time they closed, and British Gas phoned me to say they don't know what happens next. I'm owed around £500. I've tried contacting British Gas again today and they told me that the sale was lost, so I don't have an account with them. I don't know what to do. 
  • sousie27
    sousie27 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    dnpark38 said:
    No, I moved around the time they closed, and British Gas phoned me to say they don't know what happens next. I'm owed around £500. I've tried contacting British Gas again today and they told me that the sale was lost, so I don't have an account with them. I don't know what to do. 
    I was only in credit by £44 so I don't know whether this has been taken into account as I can't yet get a detailed bill from BG. 
    If you look on the Breeze website, it gives the names of the administrators so it may be worth contacting them although there does seem to be a 2 week delay for replies. Also, could Ofgem help?
  • dnpark38
    Options
    sousie27 said:
    I don't know what to do. 

Also, could Ofgem help?
    Tried with a gentle enquiry and they won't accept a complaint against Breeze because they are no longer in business and won't accept a complaint against BG because I'm not a BG customer.
    Trying to get to know if BG have started paying Breeze customers who accepted the transfers done by Ofgem also people like me who moved from Breeze at seemingly the wrong time.  Once I've found out I will consider my next move no good taking action if BG might pay out in the near future.
  • DougMilford
    Options
    sousie27 said:
    dnpark38 said:
    I was only in credit by £44 so I don't know whether this has been taken into account as I can't yet get a detailed bill from BG. 
    If you look on the Breeze website, it gives the names of the administrators so it may be worth contacting them although there does seem to be a 2 week delay for replies. Also, could Ofgem help?
    Thanks - I've sent an email to the Breeze administrators. Fingers crossed.
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sousie27 said:
    dnpark38 said:
    Thanks - I've sent an email to the Breeze administrators. Fingers crossed.
    I know it's complicated if someone has started a move before Breeze stopped trading but for others, surely it is simple. Here is a quote from the Ofgem website:

"I’m in credit to my old supplier. Will I get this money back?

"Your new supplier will pay back the outstanding credit you may have. Once we have appointed the new supplier, they will contact you to explain how this will work. Costs for energy you have used but have not yet been billed for will be deducted from your account balance. Our advice is to take a meter reading and a note of your account balance if you know it, and to wait for them to get in touch with you."

Web page here: https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/extra-help-energy-services/ofgem-safety-net-if-your-energy-supplier-goes-out-business
  • dnpark38
    Options
    JohnB47 said:
    I know it's complicated if someone has started a move before Breeze stopped trading but for others, surely it is simple. Here is a quote from the Ofgem website:

"I’m in credit to my old supplier. Will I get this money back?

"Your new supplier will pay back the outstanding credit you may have. Once we have appointed the new supplier, they will contact you to explain how this will work. Costs for energy you have used but have not yet been billed for will be deducted from your account balance. Our advice is to take a meter reading and a note of your account balance if you know it, and to wait for them to get in touch with you."

Web page here: https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/extra-help-energy-services/ofgem-safety-net-if-your-energy-supplier-goes-out-business
    Yes aware of that but my question was have BG contacted people and paid credits back yet?
    I've not had credit back from BG or my new supplier. 
    No point in me shouting if BG not paid out yet to anyone.
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My meter readings are now showing on my British Gas account, but no statement and nothing to indicate that the credit left on my Breeze account has been credited to this British Gas one either.
    It was just under £26 but I'd expected that to be applied to this new account. As I intend to start the switch to a new supplier when the 28 days are up next Friday, I'll be asking where the money is.

• JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Zanzib said:
    My meter readings are now showing on my British Gas account, but no statement and nothing to indicate that the credit left on my Breeze account has been credited to this British Gas one either.
    It was just under £26 but I'd expected that to be applied to this new account. As I intend to start the switch to a new supplier when the 28 days are up next Friday, I'll be asking where the money is.

I'm in the same position back one step. I was with Eversmart and was moved to Utilita as SOLR. I moved from Utilita and have received a bill from them with no mention of my £113 Eversmart credit. I went onto Breeze, which went to BG as SOLR. Less of a problem for me now because I wasn't asked to set up a direct debit (DD) with Utilita or BG, so I haven't built up any credit with anyone. All very complicated but I'm not worried - I've just paid a DD to Avro, my new supplier but prior to that, my last DD was to Eversmart on 12th August 2019.
  • alibean121
    Options
    I couldn't get my credit back from Solarplicity when I left them but wasn't a customer when they went under - they owed me several hundred pounds. It took a while but one day I just got a cheque out of the blue from EDF for my credit. I would give them a little while to get it sorted before I chased if I were you unless you love waiting on hold for some reason.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback