Breeze gone.

Options

Comments

• Chocmonster7
    Chocmonster7 Posts: 2,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone else logged in to find their BG account now looks totally different? Still says it's not set up fully though.
  • ABN
    ABN Posts: 290 Forumite
    Options
    Says Octopus. Wow I don't belive it after all this fuss they made about not being able to switch for 28days. Maybe after keeping on at them they found a different button to press.
  • peterx
    peterx Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    I have completed the application form for Yorkshire Energy.We will see what happens.Many thank to contributors of this thread.
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Anyone else logged in to find their BG account now looks totally different? Still says it's not set up fully though.

Just looked at my BG account. Still doesn't show any meter readings despite my providing them three times. Still asking for my initial readings!
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Logged into mine yesterday and no readings are showing, even though I gave the electricity reading ten days ago, and the gas/electric seven days ago.

At least they've stopped sending letters through the post asking for our meter readings.
  • sousie27
    Options
    I've been away for a few days so I hadn't checked to see what was going on with my switch but I didn't receive any emails during that time anyway.
    This morning I've received one from Octopus to say that the switch has been approved with a start date of 6th Feb. so I've set up my online account with them.
    I then checked my BG account to find that the gas has completely disappeared, & the electric is still asking for the initial meter reading!
    So there could be problems further down the line?

Like everyone else, all I'm trying to do is get away from this very expensive tariff which Ofgem has forced on us.
  • NINJA59
    NINJA59 Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Finally the end is on the horizon of this saga.

My switch for BOTH is now the 7th Feb, following my electricity being resubmitted and that was on Friday.

All I can say is I cannot wait to submit my reads I know the bill will be awful from BG, but at least the end is confirmed now and I no longer have to deal with BG.

I know YE took some time to answer their phone lines, but the amount of Breeze customers they have had is apparently "significant" and they have had a number of switches rejected by BG.
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,349 Forumite
    edited 28 January 2020 at 3:18PM
    Options
    I have been a little delayed in arranging my switch from BG (due to needing Windows10 installing on my computer)

I have just initiated our switch to Avro who are now working out £65 a year cheaper than Breeze. I signed up and my account was set up in a faster time that it takes for the system to log me into BG.

You Are Switching To Avro Energy On The 18th February 2020
    Welcome to Avro Energy
    Thanks for choosing our Simple and SuperFlow plan. To see your contract details, just head over to ‘My Profile’ section.

We’ve sent you a Welcome Pack
    …so keep an eye on your email inbox. Be sure to give it a quick read to confirm we have the correct details.

Your switch to Avro Energy is on Track
    Your switch is on track and you’ll be with Avro on 18/02/2020. Your current supplier may be in touch, too, to tie up any loose ends.

Your Direct Debit
    We will be taking your first Direct Debit on the 09/02/2020 and monthly thereafter.

Submitting your Opening Meter Readings
    We’ll send you an email on or before the day your supply switches to us. We will not require your meter readings until you receive this.

Your Switch is complete and your energy is now supplied by Avro Energy
    Good News — Your account is now up and running!

I have my fingers crossed it all goes smoothly :D

Really appreciate all the great advice here, thank you :T:T
  • NINJA59
    NINJA59 Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Katies Mum I hope it goes smoothly, but honestly there seems little guarantee in that, if anything BG seem more inclined to reject in the first instance then lie to you about rejecting it, then changing their mind because they realise it is groundless.

My piece of advice is if it gets rejected keep Avro informed and get them to resubmit it to BG ASAP.
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    katies_mum wrote: »
    I have been a little delayed in arranging my switch from BG (due to needing Windows10 installing on my computer)

I have just initiated our switch to Avro who are now working out £65 a year cheaper than Breeze. I signed up and my account was set up in a faster time that it takes for the system to log me into BG.

You Are Switching To Avro Energy On The 18th February 2020
    Welcome to Avro Energy
    Thanks for choosing our Simple and SuperFlow plan. To see your contract details, just head over to ‘My Profile’ section.

We’ve sent you a Welcome Pack
    …so keep an eye on your email inbox. Be sure to give it a quick read to confirm we have the correct details.

Your switch to Avro Energy is on Track
    Your switch is on track and you’ll be with Avro on 18/02/2020. Your current supplier may be in touch, too, to tie up any loose ends.

Your Direct Debit
    We will be taking your first Direct Debit on the 09/02/2020 and monthly thereafter.

Submitting your Opening Meter Readings
    We’ll send you an email on or before the day your supply switches to us. We will not require your meter readings until you receive this.

Your Switch is complete and your energy is now supplied by Avro Energy
    Good News — Your account is now up and running!

I have my fingers crossed it all goes smoothly :D

Really appreciate all the great advice here, thank you :T:T

I'm in the same position as you but bear in mind that you haven't actually switched yet. My date is 8th Feb but, so far, I've received a 'Sorry you are leaving us' email from BG only for Gas. (I'm dual fuel).

The last two sentences you quote might suggest that all is done but you have to wait until you are released by BG - at that point you will be asked, by Avro, for readings.

So not quite across the finishing line yet but good luck!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback