Breeze gone.

Options

Comments

• NINJA59
    NINJA59 Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    In relation to YE yes they are swamped with ex Breeze customers trying to escape BG (I got told something similar).

I did manage to talk to YE at least but it took 30 minutes to get through, I seemed to be number 1 for ages. They do have a zendesk platform which you can use instead of emailing :) which worked faster for me as an alternative.

But yes 30th Jan seems the minimum time for submitting for takeover of the electricity.:rotfl:
  • Chocmonster7
    Chocmonster7 Posts: 2,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've had a 'Sorry you're leaving' email from BG which says:

We’ll finish supplying your energy on 11th February 2020, and your new supplier will automatically take over– so you won’t be left without any electricity. If things change, we'll let you know.
    I'm dual fuel account & no mention of gas.
  • NINJA59
    NINJA59 Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Interesting one of two in the electricity switch club!

All the rest of us are still in the gas switch club only for dual tariffs! Lord knows when my electricity switch will go through but it has not been rejected to my knowledge today so just maybe it might go through

I think Yorkshire energy and avro are going to struggle to pick the slack up by breeze going in someways.

I do wonder how many will stay with BG, I doubt it will be many.
  • rmtucker
    rmtucker Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just had the scheduled after 9 days email from YE to say everything still set to switch on the 5th Feb.
    Fingers crossed !!!!
  • Tabatha_Kitten
    Options
    Just received a survey from BG asking about my experience of the switch process so I have told them exactly what I think!
  • rmtucker
    Options
    Just received a survey from BG asking about my experience of the switch process so I have told them exactly what I think!

Err How did you do that without swearing :rotfl:
  • Chocmonster7
    Options
    rmtucker wrote: »
    Err How did you do that without swearing :rotfl:

I received that survey too, it took me a long time to word things I wanted to say politely! :rotfl:
  • rmtucker
    Options
    Just noticed my Gas account has disappeared from the bg website but electricity still showing.
  • ABN
    ABN Posts: 290 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well according to Octopus, despite all previous information and conversations, my electricity account has gone live today.

Only found out as I phoned them to query progress and ask why they are asking for meter readings again. No sorry your leaving e-mail from BG.

Zero confidence that it has gone live but Octopus assurers me that it has, fingers crossed.
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,938 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ABN wrote: »
    Zero confidence that it has gone live but Octopus assurers me that it has, fingers crossed.
    See who your DNO says is your supplier.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure