Breeze gone.

Options

Comments

• JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just logged on to my BG account. Only my electricity is still showing now - gas has disappeared.

Still asking for my opening elect. reading (sent three times already).

When I click on the link to add reading (not that I was going to) I get an 'Opps something went wrong....' message.

Avro have just taken my first Direct Debit payment.

Hopefully things will settle soon.
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,349 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Its so bizarre, my electricity has gone but not my gas and your gas has gone but not your electricity! wonder what tomorrow will bring... the quicker we all escape the better.
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just logged into my account and my opening electricity reading is showing- provided two weeks ago.

The opening gas reading is still missing, but that didn't transfer until three days after the electric.
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,349 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Both meter readings are showing under Energy header on BG account and both the gas and electricity headers have gone.
  • NINJA59
    NINJA59 Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    @rmtucker you need to phone YE to submit the gas ones it is automated and you can leave the reads by pressing 1 and recording it.

On the bottom of the email it does say about gas meter readings.

My BG account is just as confused as ever, to the point I have stopped using it it is that far from reality.

For those with meter readings missing trust me BG have your readings. For those struggling to login use internet explorer or edge and you will get a much faster website. The BG website is just rubbish.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I was asked for initial reads by text and email by BG. I supplied by SMS. Then when I set up my online account, it was asking for these still, so I entered them there. That was Jan 23rd. Online still saying it wants these.

I was also called by BG on 23rd by someone wanting to discuss their other tariffs. I said I'd prefer to get the options in writing (rather than doing it while stood outside a shop). He agreed but nothing has arrived.

I've been on chat with BG since last Wednesday back and forth asking about when this is getting sorted out (now told supply start is 20/1). Have asked for tariff info. several times but they ignored (answer other questions just not that) until just now when they said I'd be better off checking price comparison sites - except I know many of those won't be available.

They are currently blaming the Breeze administrators for not sending them the information needed to finalise my account. They're not givng me any timescales as they say its not up to BG. So frustrating that we can't turn to anyone now to get a definitive answer or complain etc.

Then again - I did have a lucky escape. Between April and Oct I was battling Breeze because my elec meter was faulty. It took that long to sort out and to get the refund. If they'd gone into admin. during that I suspect I'd never have seen the >£1k they owed me.
  • rmtucker
    rmtucker Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :jGot an email saying my switch to YE is complete,At last
  • peterx
    peterx Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    I see Yorkshire Energy have a cheaper tariff,Green Whitby.I have just signed up last week for there older tariff.Might give them a call asking them to change it as its a bit cheaper.
  • Silkysean
    Options
    peterx said:
    I see Yorkshire Energy have a cheaper tariff,Green Whitby.I have just signed up last week for there older tariff.Might give them a call asking them to change it as its a bit cheaper.

It's not cheaper for me. I guess it depends on your usage. The daily standing charge is a lot higher but the per kWh price is lower.
    Yorkshire Green Swaledale: Gas 2.804p kWh Elec: 14.452p kWh
    Gas and Electric Daily Charge: 7.609p (Gas) + 8.276p (Elec) = 15.885 per day x 365 days = £58 per year
    Yorkshire Green Whitby: Gas: 2.59p kWh Elec: 13.369p kWh
    Gas and Electric Daily Charge: 10.349p (Gas) + 17.222p (Elec) = 27.571 per day x 365 days = £100.63 per year

• sousie27
    Options
    Well I'm now officially an Octopus customer as of yesterday. 
    I just checked my BG account which is telling me the amount I now need to pay, but the actual bill is "not ready" for download.  Whilst the amount does seem quite reasonable considering the expensive tariff we were put on, as my Breeze account was in credit I really need to see this bill before I send them any money. Hopefully this will be soon?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback