We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Breeze gone.

Options

Comments

• Craighoy
    Options
    So - left Breeze with £165 in credit and had the mandatory transfer in to BG.  Their tariffs are awful so soon as possible transferred out to Octopus.  Was with BG for a couple of weeks had a bill from them for £170  - no credit applied.  Rang them this morning that they haven't a clue.  First told me I had to apply for it back, then that I needed to contact Ofgem to sort it out.  Told them that thats not what the administrator nor Ofgem are saying and that it should be automatically credited to our (now closed) account.  End result - agreed that I wouldn't pay the bill now and leave it a while longer to see if credit is made.  If no one else has been credited  then feeling better about this.  Imagine the pain of paying it then the closed account being credited and trying to then reclaim that money ! :-0
  • dnpark38
    Options
    Oh that's not encouraging me then to get paid if BG not paying out those who transferred out of Breeze, and I left before closure BG won't know about me!
  • sousie27
    Options
     ABN said:

So still don't know

a) what the first £30 was for.

b) how much for between Breeze closing and BG account fully opened.

c) gas bill for the period covered in the electric bill.

I've also had two emails, the first was for £70.47 & the second for £62.14 which unlike the first I was able to download & was for both Gas & Electric.
    I would also like the answers to a) & b).
    The closing readings however have been estimated on 3 Feb & bear no relation to the opening readings I sent to Octopus which started on 6 Feb, so I suppose I should  expect a final bill for those three days? I've paid the £62.14 & received email confirmation so it's wait & see now. 

• NINJA59
    NINJA59 Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Interesting, I only have one bill from the 4th Feb. I am expecting another bill from them for the extra few days, but I cannot see the information. 
    I am going to chase tomorrow, because in effect I have paid it just to ensure they don't start playing silly !!!!!! over a bill not being paid and the low level of trust I have in what people say in BG.

• Chocmonster7
    Options
    Avro have today emailed to say my switch has gone through and asking for my opening readings. Have logged into their website to find that the meter readings section won't let me enter anything. Oh joy!  :/

The Avro site is now accepting my readings so it looks like my move might have gone ahead today after all!
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,349 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have today received this from GB, they don`t mention Gas only Electricity!!  does this mean that only our electricity will be switched? Thanks.
    ``We’ll finish supplying your energy on 17th February 2020, and your new supplier will automatically take over– so you won’t be left without any electricity. If things change, we'll let you know``.

• Chocmonster7
    Options
    I have today received this from GB, they don`t mention Gas only Electricity!!  does this mean that only our electricity will be switched? Thanks.
    ``We’ll finish supplying your energy on 17th February 2020, and your new supplier will automatically take over– so you won’t be left without any electricity. If things change, we'll let you know``.

I had the same email, Avro have confirmed both of mine have switched yesterday so hopefully yours will go through.
    The British Gas site has killed off the Gas tab but is still asking for the opening Electricity meter readings!
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,349 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you, they are making everything so confusing arn`t they?  
  • Streaky_Bacon
    Options
    Having had a quick look through this thread, it seems that, in most cases it took 2 months from the collapse of Breeze to accounts being set up at BG. Is that right?
    Also, can anybody please tell me the rates of the deemed tariff that BG have had you on since the collapse of Breeze?
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Our 28 days completes tomorrow, 14th February. For now our account only shows our details, the tariff we were put on and the opening meter readings we gave. 
    There's been no contact from them since they rang a couple of weeks ago with an offer of 20% off their one or two year fixed deals.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure