Options

Comments

• bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,093 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 14 October 2020 at 12:27PM
    Options
    colsten said:

This offer goes from bad to worse. It reflects really badly on both, Quidco and TSB.
    Quidco instant reply :/

Please could I ask you to provide written confirmation from the retailer for this so that we can take a look into this further for you. I can see that you have a few purchases tracking on your account so if they can confirm the date that this purchase refers to this will help us have a look into this further for you. 

I look forward to hearing from you ....

Kind regards,

Joe
    Complaints Team

My response to Quidco

TSB are copied into all responses due to it having been a joint complaint
    TSB can you please give Quidco the information that they require in writing so that I can be paid for this transaction in respect of My first TSB account ending .... opened on 27 October 2019 via Quidco, non tracking claim lodged 11 December ( showing as tracked as Quidco marked it tracked when claim was submitted) which i was informed today by TSB was paid to Quidco on 26 February 2020 payment reference 2597079

TSB Current Account

27 Oct 19

TSB Current Account

Claim

Tracked

£50.00

The retailer will process your claim. Please allow us up to six months to get a decision from the retailer.
    Claim ID: 3721317
    Purchase ID: Pending
    Purchase Amount: 1.00
    Status Update: 11 Dec 19
  • tryin
    tryin Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 October 2020 at 9:34PM
    Options
    I received the following email from Quidco:

"Claim ID ******- TSB Current Account - Purchase Date 14/05/2020 - Cashback £50.00

Hey,

We are writing to you about your cashback claim.

On this occasion, the retailer has declined your cashback claim stating that you didn't meet the terms and conditions of the offer. This could mean that the product purchased wasn't eligible for cashback or that the specific terms listed on the retailer's Quidco page weren't met. Due to this, we will not be receiving the commission and we are unable to pass this to you as cashback.

This is the only information provided to us from the retailer and I’m sorry we cannot provide any further or more specific details around their decision.

We understand this is disappointing and want to assure you that our team has done everything possible to attempt to obtain your cashback. As this is the retailer's final decision we are unable to dispute this any further with them"

Is there anything more I can do? I am pretty sure I did meet the offer terms and conditions.
    Thanks
  • tryin
    tryin Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    "also don't think it helps to go to the TSB CEO (unless, perhaps, TSB refuse to pay up) because our 'contract' is with Quidco, not with TSB"
    In addition to complaining to Quidco I complained to TSB, CEO, appropriate person assigned to deal with complaint who contacted department within TSB that deals with Quidco payments as I have said here  https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/77681715#Comment_77681715
    "had I not complained/contacted the merchant in this case TSB, Quidco it would appear would have gained £50 x2 plus .... "
    How do you contact TSB for this? With the regular complaints procedure?
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    tryin said:

Is there anything more I can do? I am pretty sure I did meet the offer terms and conditions.

If you are certain that you met all the offer T&Cs, and have proof for it, you could ask them to let you know exactly which term you did not meet.

If you aren't certain, or have no proof for it, you'd probably waste your time.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,093 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 18 October 2020 at 1:02PM
    Options
    tryin said:
    "also don't think it helps to go to the TSB CEO (unless, perhaps, TSB refuse to pay up) because our 'contract' is with Quidco, not with TSB"
    In addition to complaining to Quidco I complained to TSB, CEO, appropriate person assigned to deal with complaint who contacted department within TSB that deals with Quidco payments as I have said here  https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/77681715#Comment_77681715
    "had I not complained/contacted the merchant in this case TSB, Quidco it would appear would have gained £50 x2 plus .... "
    How do you contact TSB for this? With the regular complaints procedure?
    I sent complaint(s) jointly to  complaints@quidco.com,debbie.crosbie@tsb.co.uk
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had an outstanding claim for an account opened on 25 Oct 2019. (although they have paid up another 4 lots)
    Quidco kept claiming they were waiting for TSB to make a decision and pass the cashback to them.
    Inspired by bristolleedsfan, I emailed the CEO of TSB, and they quickly confimed that they had, indeed, passed the cashback onto quidco.
    They gave me the reference ID for their payment, and quidco will have to pass this onto me now.

• Yorkshire_Pud
    Options
    keiran said:
    I had an outstanding claim for an account opened on 25 Oct 2019. (although they have paid up another 4 lots)
    Quidco kept claiming they were waiting for TSB to make a decision and pass the cashback to them.
    Inspired by bristolleedsfan, I emailed the CEO of TSB, and they quickly confimed that they had, indeed, passed the cashback onto quidco.
    They gave me the reference ID for their payment, and quidco will have to pass this onto me now.

Did Quidco pass it on to you!?
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Options
    Awakening the slumbering thread again.
    My spend and save account application on 1st October via Quidco and opened successfully has been declined for cashback now. Reasons are as in tryin’s post which are really just a catch all of possible reasons so not possible to challenge any specific reason for the decline which tsb affiliate did not supply and as the tsb ‘decision is final’ Quidco say they cannot do anything more for me.
    I suspect they declined on the basis I have more than one tsb account already even though that condition wasn’t added until about a week after I applied.

Ive opened a complaint but Quidco haven’t taken it seriously yet and I’m thinking that the only way I can challenge them is by going to the financial ombudsman service? But in practice would the fob be interested? 

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am not sure the FOS has any 'jurisdiction' (for want of a better word) over Quidco. If you try it, please let us know how you get on.

How about
    1. asking the Quidco rep on MSE for help? I believe Joseph, who was very helpful last time, has left Quidco, sadly
    2. using Resolver to submit a stern complaint to Quidco, complete with the evidence of their T&Cs at the time?

Don' let them get away with it. We know that their T&Cs had more holes than swiss cheese, but that is not our problem. The only potential losers in this sorry affair are Quidco and TSB, and particularly Quidco, as if they cannot be trusted to deliver on their promises, why would anyone use them in future? It's not as if there aren't other cashback sites, is it.

• Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 February 2021 at 9:57PM
    Options
    colsten said:t
    I am not sure the FOS has any 'jurisdiction' (for want of a better word) over Quidco. If you try it, please let us know how you get on.

How about
    1. asking the Quidco rep on MSE for help? I believe Joseph, who was very helpful last time, has left Quidco, sadly
    2. using Resolver to submit a stern complaint to Quidco, complete with the evidence of their T&Cs at the time?

Don' let them get away with it. We know that their T&Cs had more holes than swiss cheese, but that is not our problem. The only potential losers in this sorry affair are Quidco and TSB, and particularly Quidco, as if they cannot be trusted to deliver on their promises, why would anyone use them in future? It's not as if there aren't other cashback sites, is it.

Just checked via google and it says regulated by FCA. Would be good if Quidco got stung for £500 for being lazy about my claim.
    quidco have offered me £5 from them to assuage my disappointment at the decline of my tracked cashback.
    Have to formalise my complaint first as Quidco haven’t acknowledged it yet!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback