Forum Home» Budgeting & Bank Accounts

TSB Classic Plus for new members + Quidco Cashback = Free £95

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

TSB Classic Plus for new members + Quidco Cashback = Free £95

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
836 replies 40.1K views
ash98ash98 Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
Hi,


I thought I would post this incase it was of interest, and for anyone who isn't interesting in switching their bank accounts right now via the switch service.


Currently Quidco are offering £50 if you sign up for a TSB Classic Plus account (make sure you read the terms - you need BACS as a registered Quidco payment option). Combined with the £45 interest you get in a year, you effectively get £95 which is a 6% "return on investment".


Obviously if you were to skip quidco and use the Switch service, you would get £120 for free (7% "return on investment") plus you'd give your friend a free £75.



I know using the Switch service is better but right now I'm still getting my 5% interest from my Nationwide switch until April, so I'm combining this in the meantime for some more potential money :)


Hope it helps.
«13456784

Replies

  • soulsaversoulsaver Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could always open a 2nd NatWide ac & switch that to your new TSB CP with a referral..
    and bag the quidco £50 + £75ref bonus + £45 interest and £75 for the referrer...
  • ZandermanZanderman Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as I can see from the Quidco offer it is £50 for opening either a Classic Plus or a Classic account.

    No mention, on a quick skim, of needing to be a new customer in the T&C so, in theory, open to all - even those of us with Classic Plus account(s) already. But I wouldn't be surprised if they meant to exclude existing account holders.

    However the quidco link does land you on a page starting from scratch - no option to log in first - so it needs a full declaration of all details, employment, income etc. So it does need a bit of effort and, having just shed a shed-load of current account in recent months I'm not sure I want another spare one just yet. So I might give this a miss - too busy at the mo - might look again later...
  • soulsaversoulsaver Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    soulsaver wrote: »
    You could always open a 2nd NatWide ac & switch that to your new TSB CP with a referral..
    and bag the quidco £50 + £75ref bonus + £45 interest and £75 for the referrer...
    Oh and get a referral from a friend to switch into the newly opened NW... and get another £100 each...
  • ceredigionceredigion Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is the betting this is gone by the morning?
    I cant do Classic Plus or at least don't want to push my luck that much. But the offer is also open to new classic accounts, just made my forth application and all four have been excepted. That said the last time I tried to test TSB's system my endeavours were rejected at second stage , many of you will know why. Can but try again.
  • bristolleedsfanbristolleedsfan Forumite
    8.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zanderman wrote: »
    As far as I can see from the Quidco offer it is £50 for opening either a Classic Plus or a Classic account.

    No mention, on a quick skim, of needing to be a new customer in the T&C so, in theory, open to all - even those of us with Classic Plus account(s) already. But I wouldn't be surprised if they meant to exclude existing account holders.


    I opened Classic Account via Quidco 3 weeks ago, didnt track have a claim in, took longer than previously to merge this new account with my existing ID, being as the T+C does not exclude existing customers one way or another I do expect to receive the advertised cashback.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • ZandermanZanderman Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    ceredigion wrote: »
    What is the betting this is gone by the morning?
    I cant do Classic Plus or at least don't want to push my luck that much. But the offer is also open to new classic accounts, just made my forth application and all four have been excepted. That said the last time I tried to test TSB's system my endeavours were rejected at second stage , many of you will know why. Can but try again.

    Hmm, just decided to try - TSB site crashing repeatedly.

    Tried another browser and succeeded - but TSB insisted I register as a new online user.

    Not convinced this will work but worth a try!

    And agree, likely to be pulled v soon!
  • Ed-1Ed-1 Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    For future reference:

    Terms.jpg

    Rates.jpg
  • ceredigionceredigion Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zanderman wrote: »
    Hmm, just decided to try - TSB site crashing repeatedly.

    Tried another browser and succeeded - but TSB insisted I register as a new online user.

    Not convinced this will work but worth a try!

    And agree, likely to be pulled v soon!

    I inputted my existing user ID and password , all went with out a hitch .
  • Ed-1Ed-1 Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    ceredigion wrote: »
    I inputted my existing user ID and password , all went with out a hitch .

    Inputted it where?
  • ceredigionceredigion Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ed-1 wrote: »
    Inputted it where?

    During the application process it asked you for a user id and password. I just put in my existing details . The system didn't reject it as already in use. Don't know what more to say really.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support