• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    FIVE POUNDS?!?!

What an insult.
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Options
    Hopefully the FCA can ask tsb/affiliate for the reason my cashback was declined. 
    Quidco say no reason was given which is a failing on the part of Quidco and their relationship with their affiliates to think this is acceptable. There has to be a reason so it’s fair to expect it be given.
    Funny how the Quidco transaction integrity manager could get the affiliate to tell him about my tsb accounts and how I cycled money through them to satisfy the offer terms previously which I see as tsb providing confidential information but now they can’t discuss this case with tsb because ‘their decision is final’.
  • PRAISETHESUN
    Options
    https://support.quidco.com/en/articles/4126637-what-is-your-complaints-policy

Their complaints policy suggests that they are covered by the FOS, so get your complaint formalised and then the clock starts ticking!
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Options
    Thanks seems the FCA are part of the FOS but whereas the FCA can examine a companies trading practices, only the FOS can award compensation to complainants.

Just spent 40 minutes composing a complaint on the tsb website and when I clicked Submit at the end it failed!

Quidco said they have now referred my complaint on to their complaints department (after I refused their £5).
  • colsten
    Options
    The FCA are not part of the FOS. They are two separate organisations, with clearly delineated responsibilities. As a consumer, you deal with the FOS if you have a complaint about certain companies that you couldn't resolve with the company in question.
    https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/how-complain
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,860 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 February 2021 at 3:46PM
    Options
    Now have a complaint reference from Quidco. They claim although it says they are under FOS on their website they aren’t regulated by FOS because they are not classed as a financial institution!

• colsten
    Options
    Semantics. The FOS is not a regulator, so Quidco are correct to say the are not regulated by the FOS.

However, according to the Quidco complaints procedure, you may refer an unresolved complaint to the FOS. You can do this at the earlier of
    1. 8 weeks from raising the complaint with Quidco
    2. a final response from Quidco
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    colsten said:
    Semantics. The FOS is not a regulator, so Quidco are correct to say the are not regulated by the FOS.

However, according to the Quidco complaints procedure, you may refer an unresolved complaint to the FOS. You can do this at the earlier of
    Quidco opt in to FCA regulation voluntary.
  • colsten
    edited 5 February 2021 at 5:22PM
    Options
    Ed-1 said:
    colsten said:

Quidco opt in to FCA regulation voluntary.
    Yes, they are regulated by the FCA for certain activities. I am not sure those activities extend to all their cashback offers. In fact, I believe most of them are not subject to the FCA regulation. This then calls into question whether the FOS would be dealing with a complaint about Quidco's TSB offer. Hopefully we won't have to find this out, and Quidco will honour its offer terms as they were when the offer was taken up.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,103 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 5 February 2021 at 5:22PM
    Options
    It was after complaining both to Quidco and TSB via debbie.crosbie@tsb.co.uk that TSB told me ( and someone else) that they had paid transactions that Quidco stated were declined and gave payment reference numbers, in my case Quidco remained adamant they had not been paid, they however paid me out of goodwill as they didnt want joint complaint to be escalated to FOS
    My 9th October transaction is currently tracked status.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback