Forum Announcement

Comments

• Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    When I go to notifications, I can see the first 6 or 8 but if I go to all notifications, the whole screen is taken up with badges that I can't minimise or hide (I had 66 this morning, listed by individual, not activity in threads) with no room for any notifications and it is carried forward from one screen to the next as a header (on this MacBook format). Tried bookmarks instead but cannot see a way to get to the last post in these, only the last poster, other than going in, then selecting the last screen. Thanks was so helpful to see where you had read up to on the old system.
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,618 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    When I go to notifications, I can see the first 6 or 8 but if I go to all notifications, the whole screen is taken up with badges that I can't minimise or hide (I had 66 this morning, listed by individual, not activity in threads) with no room for any notifications and it is carried forward from one screen to the next as a header (on this MacBook format).
    Just clicked on all notifications, and it looks to have changed since late Friday/early yesterday.   All I was doing was scrolling down past the badges to the 'Notifications' heading, and there they were.   Now all I have with that heading is a 'next' button.

However, I notice that the short drop down list doesn't actually showing any information of any now.   All I can think of is that I've turned off 'pop up' notifications for new posts in bookmarked threads / threads I've contributed to and all others have timed out.
    Tried bookmarks instead but cannot see a way to get to the last post in these, only the last poster, other than going in, then selecting the last screen. Thanks was so helpful to see where you had read up to on the old system.
    When this version of the forum opened, clicking on a bookmarked thread was taking me to the start of it.   Having been to the last page to see what was new then, clicking on them now takes me to the end.   I've not yet figured if it's accurately taking me to the first I'd not seen, but it's not far off.

Cheryl
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    i have found when i click all notifications there are always zero notifications listed in that section.
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    and another thing, even the drop down for notifications has started to go wrong. it now has a little picture in each line on the left and nothing else.
  • I know one thing, they have a massive long cache on this new forum.
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    They used to send you a link in the notification email that you could click on to unsubscribe yourself from a thread which no longer interested you.  I can't find this any more.   Does this still  exist somewhere?   I can't find it.
  • Primrose
    And to introduce it without including any Tutorial was a very user unfriendly act.    Typical of computer experts unfortunately who automatically assumed that everybody else has the same level of competence and understanding that they do.  I suspect I won't be using this forum much now as a result.
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,618 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Primrose said:
    They used to send you a link in the notification email that you could click on to unsubscribe yourself from a thread which no longer interested you.  I can't find this any more.   Does this still  exist somewhere?   I can't find it.
    I never used to get emails, so don't know about that one directly.  

Subscriptions are now called bookmarks.

To unbookmark : go to the thread, go to the top of a page within it, and towards the top (under the dark bar with the thread title) the second box in is 'unbookmark'.   That will unsubscribe you from the thread, but it won't necessarily stop further emails related to it.    I've discovered that even if you unbookmark, you'll still receive emails if you've posted in it at any time and haven't set your notification preferences such that you DON'T get emails for threads you've posted in.   Notifications are now 'all or nothing', and can't be set just for some threads you've posted in but not for others.
    Cheryl
  • gozaimasu
    gozaimasu Posts: 860 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I hate that you no longer get a preview of the text within a thread when you hover over the title. This allowed you to see if you actually wanted to read the content of a thread title you found interesting. I waste too much time clicking on interesting titles to find I don't want to read the content.
  • Primrose
    And I also can,t find any readily accessible link to unsubscribe from any thread no linger of interest.   These are fairly basic issues, Inwould have thought, which seem to have been completely overlooked .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure