Barclays Switch offer 1st July-30th November 2019

Options

Comments

• GaseousAgley
    Options
    I already have a Barclays current account with Blue Rewards but I cannot get an appointment in a branch before 30th November to arrange a switch (no appointments available). Also, I don't have a mobile phone so presumably I cannot use the Barclays App to arrange a switch.

So - I wondered if I might still manage to get the double rewards if I do the following:
    (1) turn off Blue Rewards on my existing account (assuming it can be turned off);
    (2) apply online for a new Barclays current account and if successful turn on Blue Rewards in the new account and set up the required DDs;
    (3) switch my other current account with a different bank into my new Barclays current account online.

Does anybody know if this is likely to work? I don't want try it and fail and then be unable to turn Blue Rewards back on again in my old current account so I'm left with no Blue Rewards.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 6,012 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I already have a Barclays current account with Blue Rewards but I cannot get an appointment in a branch before 30th November to arrange a switch (no appointments available). Also, I don't have a mobile phone so presumably I cannot use the Barclays App to arrange a switch.

So - I wondered if I might still manage to get the double rewards if I do the following:
    (1) turn off Blue Rewards on my existing account (assuming it can be turned off);
    (2) apply online for a new Barclays current account and if successful turn on Blue Rewards in the new account and set up the required DDs;
    (3) switch my other current account with a different bank into my new Barclays current account online.

Does anybody know if this is likely to work? I don't want try it and fail and then be unable to turn Blue Rewards back on again in my old current account so I'm left with no Blue Rewards.
    You'd still be asked into branch to set up the switch, IMO.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 November 2019 at 9:31PM
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    You'd still be asked into branch to set up the switch, IMO.

But only to provide ID within 5 days if you can provide the switch details as part of the account application, which you don't need an appointment for (it can be done at the counter as all they need to do is leave a notepad to say you've done it).
  • d63
    d63 Posts: 328 Forumite
    edited 20 November 2019 at 12:25AM
    Options
    ad_interim wrote: »
    Did anyone who switched and met all conditions in October (2 DDs paid out, £800 in) receive the 2nd instalment of the reward (the double/triple one) in November?

using the app, i initiated a switch on the 8th october, was completed by the 16th, received £7 blue reward on the 4th november and then another £14 on the 15th november. (the switch was from a spare santander a/c into an existing barclays premier a/c)
    does that help any?
  • NedS
    NedS Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I transferred in an account to my existing Barclays account which already has Blue Rewards via the App as described by the OP - thanks for that!

The transfer has completed, so looking forward to my additional £7/month Blue Rewards bonus starting next month. I usually see the now £4 fee go out near the start of each month and the £7 (net £3) reward paid a few days later. Am I to understand the additional £7 bonus reward will appear as a separate payment sometime later in the month?
  • myth123
    myth123 Posts: 388 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    NedS wrote: »
    Am I to understand the additional £7 bonus reward will appear as a separate payment sometime later in the month?

Yes, the bonus gets paid around the 15th(ish).
  • LankyMoneySaver
    Options
    Hi I applied for a new Barclays current account yesterday to try and make the 30th November deadline. I was given the sort code and account number for my new account but can't seem to find how to start the switch. Everything seems to need the debit card which obviously I don't have yet. Online banking registration and registering in the Barclays app.

I think I might have been given the option straight after completing the application but I didn't have a chance at the time and seem to have closed that window now. Is there any way to do the switch through the website with just the details I've got so far? Otherwise I don't see how I can complete it in time for the offer.
    Chris
  • Flobberchops
    Options
    New customers can initiate the switch at the point of opening the account online.

Existing customers (which you now are) have to start the switch in branch.

It looks like you're out of luck, to be honest.
    : )
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 6,012 Forumite
    Options
    Hi I applied for a new Barclays current account yesterday to try and make the 30th November deadline. I was given the sort code and account number for my new account but can't seem to find how to start the switch. Everything seems to need the debit card which obviously I don't have yet. Online banking registration and registering in the Barclays app.

I think I might have been given the option straight after completing the application but I didn't have a chance at the time and seem to have closed that window now. Is there any way to do the switch through the website with just the details I've got so far? Otherwise I don't see how I can complete it in time for the offer.

Existing customers can download the app and switch without branch visit.

But I think you may still need the debit card and/or you may still need to provide id. But nothing to lose by trying it?
  • AlwaysLearnin
    Options
    Has anyone had their double rewards this month yet? 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure