Options

Comments

• Aidanmc
    Aidanmc Posts: 789 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    big4split wrote: »
    "
    My understanding is that you pay the fee in August to earn the reward in September. To earn the reward you need to pay in £800 and have paid the £4 in the previous month. Barclays site says "As long as you do these two things in the previous calendar month, we’ll add any regular product loyalty rewards (including any direct debit loyalty reward) or enhanced cashback to your Rewards Wallet on the 2nd working day of each month."

The £4 fee is paid in arrears, so the fee paid at beginning of August would have been for July.
  • matty_art
    Options
    clivep wrote: »
    Couldn't you just have waited until 1 August to turn on the Blue Rewards?

In hindsight perhaps - but it wasn’t clear how the process worked - you’d have thought that the timing of turning it on around an account switch shouldn’t be punitive.

Anyway we’ll see what they say - I’ve had just about enough of dealing with Barclays secure messaging already, why’s it not on the app!
  • fiat_lux
    Options
    deejaybee wrote: »
    I know that i will get double bubble for the 2 x D/D, but will they also double the reward for mortgage as well ?

Yes I believe they will. I get £12 in rewards and I participated in a similar offer last year, and they tripled the entire amount (I have a premier account, the offer was for treble rewards for that). Barclays actually paid it all in one shot, as there was a technical glitch with the system and for some reason the 2nd payment mid-month didn't work on my account. I had to open a complaint for that though - I don't think Barclays bothers to train their employees much on this offer so they were quite clueless about it.
  • 1Foz
    1Foz Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    Hoping to have this account opened next week. Had to go in branch for an appointment, and after about 10 or 15 minutes of filling in my details she had to complete the application again after her computer froze and had to start all over. Apparently Friday's are the worst day for Barclay's computer systems. Jesus. Then after the entire process - after asking whether I wanted paperless or printed, cheque book or none, contactless or not, Blue on or Blue off at startup, CASS now or later, overdraft or none, about half a dozen signatures for bank record purposes...she said she'll have to ring me back on Monday as a referral note came up on the screen.

I wondered why that was though. My experian score is 980. Though I did wonder if the fact I don't use my middle name on anything except when I registered to the electoral roll might have thrown up a 'computer says who' type thing. I don't see why, but It did make me wonder though. Also, my experian report itself (which i've registered twice with) one of them says unable to verify whereas the other one shows the 980 score. Weird. Anyway, She seemed pretty pleased that I was switching to them from First Direct. Maybe there systems can't comprehend why someone would ditch one of the best banks for customer service over to them...just hope after all that I'm not told i'm not the 'type' of customer they want.....I thought only HSBC did that though in all honesty. I guess I'll find out next week.
  • lovingtescoforever
    Options
    Has anyone switched recently? I’ve tried on the app multiple times and on various devices. Keeps pushing me to the website which again is a nightmare to switch. Very buggy and have had applications freeze.:money: don’t fancy going into branch.
  • sheffieldeagle
    Options
    I'm trying to apply using the app but it's closing down when clicking on products icon.
    Anyone managed to resolve this problem?

Many thanks
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I opened an account online but the app wouldn't let me switch. I had to make an appointment in branch. A week later I switched back out. I really didn't like the account. The app and online software is very over-engineered and I do like to speak to a UK call centre if I have issues. I'm now with Metro Bank for my day to day banking. Feels much nicer.
  • mustardtree6
    mustardtree6 Posts: 64 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 September 2019 at 5:13PM
    Options
    Switching nightmare. Opened a Barclays account online and started the switch process online. They needed to see ID within 5 working days otherwise they would close the account. Phoned up for an appointment to say that my nearest branch didn't have any for a fortnight. So managed to get one at another branch 15 miles away, only to be told on the morning, that the staff member had taken ill, which I suppose can't be helped but I did have to rearrange my shift work to accommodate. Anyway, made another appointment for the following day after rearranging work again. So, I was ready with my driving licence and proof of address (Tesco credit card statement) but apparently because the Tesco credit card statement does not have a Mastercard logo, the staff member said it was unacceptable, despite the fact that it says Mastercard number xxxxxxx. Anyway, managed to speak to the manager who finally acknowledged that it may be a valid credit card statement! If the manager was not convinced, I would had to rearrange my work again, to bring in additonal proof of address for another appointment. I have switched before and I never had to go into a branch to present my ID or encountered such parlaver.
  • Aidanmc
    Options
    Switching nightmare. Opened a Barclays account online and started the switch process online. They needed to see ID within 5 working days otherwise they would close the account. Phoned up for an appointment to say that my nearest branch didn't have any for a fortnight. So managed to get one at another branch 15 miles away, only to be told on the morning, that the staff member had taken ill, which I suppose can't be helped but I did have to rearrange my shift work to accommodate. Anyway, made another appointment for the following day after rearranging work again. So, I was ready with my driving licence and proof of address (Tesco credit card statement) but apparently because the Tesco credit card statement does not have a Mastercard logo, the staff member said it was unacceptable, despite the fact that it says Mastercard number xxxxxxx. Anyway, managed to speak to the manager who finally acknowledged that it may be a valid credit card statement! If the manager was not convinced, I would had to rearrange my work again, to bring in additonal proof of address for another appointment. I have switched before and I never had to go into a branch to present my ID or encountered such parlaver.

Sounds like a nightmare alright! Did you try switching via the app? That's what i did to avoid having to go to a branch.
  • mustardtree6
    Options
    No unfortunately, as I had literally just opened the account a few days ago. I didn't know that was an option.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure