Barclays Switch offer 1st July-30th November 2019

Options

Comments

• 1Foz
    1Foz Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    Hehe cheers for simplifying matters :)

Applied for Barclays tonight. Have to take two forms of ID into branch. I hope they don't ask me about account use or anything like that lol. Can't go til Friday anyway as I start and finish work before and after they open and close. This is why I hate branches !!
  • Aidanmc
    Aidanmc Posts: 804 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    1Foz wrote: »
    Hehe cheers for simplifying matters :)

Applied for Barclays tonight. Have to take two forms of ID into branch. I hope they don't ask me about account use or anything like that lol. Can't go til Friday anyway as I start and finish work before and after they open and close. This is why I hate branches !!

You can also apply for a switch via Barclays app and no need to visit branch to show ID!
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Aidanmc wrote: »
    You can also apply for a switch via Barclays app and no need to visit branch to show ID!
    It sounds as if 1Foz needs to get a Barclays account first, and that they asked him to appear in Branch for that. They did that to me, too, even though I had had a previous Barclays account (switched to Santander) until a few months ago. The meeting at the Branch took 5 minutes, no questions asked why I wanted an account again, and no mention of Blue Rewards. Barclays seem to like to be a right PITA and ask people to turn up in Branch for simple matters like opening an account. I have accounts with all the High Street banks but none of the others has ever asked me to appear in Branch as part of a current account application.

Once the account was open, I did request the switch through the app, and that went through smoothly. The double reward payments have also started as promised.
  • StellaN
    StellaN Posts: 354 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I already have a Blue Rewards offer which was set up last December therefore if I wanted to take advantage of this new offer should I wait to do a new switch until November? Obviously, I don’t suppose I can have two reward schemes running at the same time?
  • Sally57
    Sally57 Posts: 205 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    StellaN wrote: »
    I already have a Blue Rewards offer which was set up last December therefore if I wanted to take advantage of this new offer should I wait to do a new switch until November? Obviously, I don’t suppose I can have two reward schemes running at the same time?

As far as I know you can't have two Blue Rewards running at the same time so, yes I would wait until your last blue reward in November to do the switch. If you did the switch now I think you would lose September/October and November Blue Rewards payments from your previous switch?
  • ArchBair
    ArchBair Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    StellaN wrote: »

Not sure if you can apply for another Blue Rewards offer if you already have an existing one set up which doesn’t run out until December?
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,908 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ArchBair wrote: »
    Not sure if you can apply for another Blue Rewards offer if you already have an existing one set up which doesn’t run out until December?

5. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional rewards or cashback offer, including any other Double or Treble Rewards offer, except where expressly permitted by us. This offer supersedes/replaces any previous Double or Treble Blue Rewards Offer that you may be participating in.

https://www.barclays.co.uk/important-information/blue-rewards-terms-and-conditions/
  • matty_art
    Options
    This thread is so much more knowledgeable than Barclays staff!

One problem I had when I switched was that my switch went through on 30 July and I got charged for the account on 5 August but no loyalty bonus as I hadn’t had any DDs run in the previous month - pretty impossible when my switch went through 1 day before the end of the month!

I raised it with their twitter team who said to ring up and they’d refund the charge, but my experience ringing up was frankly awful - what I thought would be a simple 5 minute job on my walk to work has turned into a complaint due to the way it was handled as I’ve been passed from
    pillar to post and not received promised callbacks - obviously small amount of money but it’s more the principle as the customer service between phone, email and secure message has been awful so far...

They also told me my account didn’t have double rewards turned on (they didn’t seem to know anything about the double offer on their own website) so my complaint covers this - you never know, I may be lucky and see an extra £7 mid month for that, fingers crossed... :undecided
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    matty_art wrote: »
    One problem I had when I switched was that my switch went through on 30 July and I got charged for the account on 5 August but no loyalty bonus as I hadn’t had any DDs run in the previous month - pretty impossible when my switch went through 1 day before the end of the month

Couldn't you just have waited until 1 August to turn on the Blue Rewards?
  • big4split
    Options
    "One problem I had when I switched was that my switch went through on 30 July and I got charged for the account on 5 August but no loyalty bonus as I hadn’t had any DDs run in the previous month - pretty impossible when my switch went through 1 day before the end of the month!"

My understanding is that you pay the fee in August to earn the reward in September. To earn the reward you need to pay in £800 and have paid the £4 in the previous month. Barclays site says "As long as you do these two things in the previous calendar month, we’ll add any regular product loyalty rewards (including any direct debit loyalty reward) or enhanced cashback to your Rewards Wallet on the 2nd working day of each month."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure