Barclays Switch offer 1st July-30th November 2019

Options

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bobblehat wrote: »
    Should go smoothly … just check with the local branch as to whether they want an appointment set up to do it. As an existing customer, my branch were not even interested in ID (although I did take some), they just wanted my Barclay CA debit card and details of the bank account I was switching … very easy. It would do no harm for you to ask if your branch had any particular requirements.
    I did the switch through the Barclays app. Very easy to do.
  • Aidanmc
    Aidanmc Posts: 746 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    I did the switch through the Barclays app. Very easy to do.
    Agreed. Switching via app is simple and no need to visit branch at all.
  • Bobblehat
    Bobblehat Posts: 470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Best Buy Bear
    Options
    Aidanmc wrote: »
    Agreed. Switching via app is simple and no need to visit branch at all.

Sorry, forgot that way possible .... as my mickey mouse phone would explode if I tried to load anything that resembles an "app" on it. :o

(12 year old daughter of a friend picks up my phone and laughs …. "It hasn't even got voicemail" ….. I slink off in embarrassment …. )
  • deejaybee
    deejaybee Posts: 885 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Blimey glad i read this thread :j

I have an existing Barclays CA with Blue Rewards ongoing ( actually get extra rewards as mortgage is with Woolwich/Barclays, and the DD is on Barclays CA )

My 5% rate with Nationwide CA ends near end of Oct 19, so on the face of it this would be ideal account to switch in to Barclays to get the extra rewards...

However, one potential snag is that i also have a 5% regular saver with Nationwide, BUT, i started it about 3 months after i opened the CA, so obviously not in sync with each other.

What will happen with the RS if i switch the CA ? I assume it would be closed also, would i get any interest as i wouldnt have completed the 12 month criteria ?
  • colsten
    Options
    @deejaybee, just open a donor account somewhere, e.g. Nationwide FlexAccount, and switch that one.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Yes agree with Colsen - log onto your Nationwide account, apply for Flex account, give it a few days to open and get the debit card, put a small amount of money in it and once you have the debit card switch it to Barclays using the Barclays app.
  • deejaybee
    Options
    Thanks Colsten and 18cc

To be honest i thought it was the Flex account that i already had, but had a look at the letter they sent me about the 5% finishing, and its the FlexDirect that i have now < doh >
  • deejaybee
    Options
    Thanks for the previous help :beer:

Have set up a nationwide flex account ready to switch into Barclays...

One further question.

On my existing Blue Rewards, i get rewards for 2 x D/D plus my mortgage.

I know that i will get double bubble for the 2 x D/D, but will they also double the reward for mortgage as well ?

Ta
  • 1Foz
    1Foz Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone know if I'd be able to switch a Monzo account into this? Monzo is part of the switch service but I've no idea If Barclays would accept the switch with it basically being a mobile account. Not only that but I only set it up last week just to be nosey and I got sent a Monzo card next day. I've no use for it tho really so was wondering if I could use this account to basically get the double rewards. I'll use my post office and Birmingham midshire DDs into Monzo and then switch over if it's do able ? Cheers !
  • colsten
    Options
    1Foz wrote: »
    Anyone know if I'd be able to switch a Monzo account into this? Monzo is part of the switch service but I've no idea If Barclays would accept the switch with it basically being a mobile account. Not only that but I only set it up last week just to be nosey and I got sent a Monzo card next day. I've no use for it tho really so was wondering if I could use this account to basically get the double rewards. I'll use my post office and Birmingham midshire DDs into Monzo and then switch over if it's do able ? Cheers !
    Do the Barclays offer terms exclude Monzo or app/online-only banks? Do the offer terms require you switch 2 DDs, or simply an account? Could you be over-thinking matters?

Just switch your Monzo account.
    Then create (or move) two suitable DDs on your Barclays.
    Register for Blue Rewards.
    Make sure you meet the monthly pre-reqs for receiving the rewards.
    That's it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport