Barclays Switch offer 1st July-30th November 2019

Options

Comments

• anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,845 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad i found this page again as coming to the end of my existing one and didn't realise i could get the double up offer again even though i am already getting the bonus from last years switch.

i notice you can now also switch via the mobile banking app, has any existing customers switched via this method yet, did it go ok? I'm wondering if i still need to take ID to branch in if switching via this method.
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £750.09 overpaid as at April so YTD = £750.09 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £34,142.27
  • quirkydeptless
    Options
    anna42hmr wrote: »
    Inotice you can now also switch via the mobile banking app, has any existing customers switched via this method yet, did it go ok? I'm wondering if i still need to take ID to branch in if switching via this method.

I switched via the app to a Current account I switched to November last year.

Might depend on individual cirmunstances whether you get asked for a branch visit for ID, but I wasn't.

It all happened easy peasy :money:
    Retired 1st July 2021.
    This is not investment advice.
    Your money may go "down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... I got all tricked up and came up to this thing, lookin' so fire hot, a twenty out of ten..."
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    £7 Blue Rewards has appeared today (for 2 direct debits paid out in October and £800 credited in October). First instalment of the £14 due for last month (for those enjoying double rewards under the switch offer)
  • crumpetman
    Options
    I notice on my account that the blue rewards appear in their own little account, is there any point in leaving the money there instead of transferring it to the main current account or indeed to another bank which pays interest?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    crumpetman wrote: »
    I notice on my account that the blue rewards appear in their own little account, is there any point in leaving the money there instead of transferring it to the main current account or indeed to another bank which pays interest?

That's something I find really irritating !
    I'd move it if you have an account that pays interest, just don't forget to have £4 in the main account when the fee is due !
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes, you can switch into an existing Barclays account. Note that you will need to initiate the switch before 30 November to receive the double rewards.
  • PRAISETHESUN
    Options
    ad_interim wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I have a premier bank account with Barclays and have been part of the blue rewards scheme for a long time. I've already used a similar switch offer last year. It paid triple rewards for 12 months and it now ended. Quite a nice reward, as I have a mortgage with them as well.

Am I eligible to participate in the current switch offer, even though I've already used a similar offer before? I have a second bank account that I could switch to them (Nationwide FlexDirect, the interest rate just dropped from 5% to 1%).

The T&Cs seem to suggest so, unless I'm misreading it?

Source: barclays.co.uk/important-information/blue-rewards-terms-and-conditions

Thank you.

You'll still be eligible but it will replace your previous offer if still active. If for example you had 6 month of double rewards left, it would restart the 12 month timer meaning you miss out on the 6 months you had left. If your previous offer has ended then you benefit from the full 12 months.
  • Psyduck1980
    Options
    I opened a Barclays account in September and switched an unused account into it in October and I have received two £7 Blue Rewards payments on 3rd October and 4th November. I was expecting £14 in November but I was told yesterday that the extra £7 relating to the switching incentive is paid later in the month. Can anyone confirm this? Apologies if this has been covered further up the thread.
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, that's correct. The second £7 is paid around 15th to 20th of the month.
  • Psyduck1980
    Options
    EarthBoy wrote: »
    Yes, that's correct. The second £7 is paid around 15th to 20th of the month.
    Thanks EarthBoy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport