NST March 2019: WINS against the debt

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy birthday Glenda! Hope you find something to spend your pennies on!

Speky - a 2nd date, eh? Hope it goes well.

Cuddlymarm - well done on your weightloss and the positive consequences of creaking less!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mothernerd - I don't know how you fit so much into your day.

NSD 14/15

Got my hair done, did this week's ironing, took a bag to the Charity Shop, went to the Post Office. When I got back Himself had hoovered the whole house (bless him). Couple of other things I want to do before bedtime.

Soup that I made yesterday for dinner.

A fairly productive day.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Glenda!! :)

f0xh0les - hope all is ok..... am sure you've been MIA for a few days now

NSD. Mowed front lawns and strimmed most of edges - strimmer string broke and I a- don't know how to re-do it and b - couldn't be bothered to try and find out! :D Was the first cut of the year, so was heavy going. Back lawn only needs edges strimming at some point, as the guinea pigs have kept the length under control since last Summer :D :T Also painted several panels of the rear fence - previous owner (we moved here in 2005) had painted it dark blue - and it's still dark blue in most places where we haven't painted/ changed storm-damaged panels - so it takes several costs to change colour. Painted until the pot ran out (was maybe 90% full) - do have several other tubs in same colour in the garage - but that was enough garden work for today :D Cleaned kitchen, got washing in and will iron it when smalls are in bed.

Didn't look at energy provider but I still have time. May do flebay listing once smalls are in bed if I whizz through ironing (unlikely - quite a lot)

Easy dinner - chilli which just needs re-heating, so will do that shortly.

Today I am grateful for the sunshine, birdsong all around when working in the garden, getting off my b*m and mowing the lawn (and figuring out how to start the mower!!), washing drying fully on the line (no need for airing), getting another job re my Nan ticked off my list, old clothes and shoes for wearing to paint the fence in :) (I am not thankful for the £1700 ish bill from Tax Credits, though :(:( )
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening everyone :hello:
    I keep meaning to check in but then think things are a bit boring and repetitive at the moment, and I'm tired.
    Work is busy, I'm busy, had a stressful run in with my ex on Sunday night, and have a few bits of appointments this week that are getting me a long way out of my comfort zone and routine so I'm a bit more stressed out than I would normally be. 8 more school get ups...
    Still trying to keep the faith - got a box of wonky veg from Mr A that I need to do something with, hopefully keeping the groceries right down. I intend to have a good look through my recipe books and attempt something different. Just not tonight...
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glenda - Happy Birthday.
    Was a spend day today. Paid for the light fitting work.
    Caught up with a small amount of things that had to be done.
    Added up what money has been spent on each category for the month so far.
    Walked around the park - 2 laps of my usual route.
    Booked a free ticket for an event tomorrow night in London. Will be getting there early as there seems to be a lot of people attending. Going after the last session of the grief programme as it will save me time, energy and will be less stressful for me.
    Being using up what I already had in.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Today i am grateful for making progress, for my counsellor, for regular buses, for friendly people at various bus stops, for my kettlebells, for pro bull riding on the telly (soooo american but I love it!), for planting up my rasps and gooseberry bushes, for a cheery robin making the most of the worms i'd uncovered, for a good swim session with dd, for all the sunshine.
  • Lovelifeloveliving
    Options
    Hi all:j

Glenda Happy birthday :bdaycake:

Waste management
    - Food waste - I don't intend buying another item of food until next week apart from bread and milk. Will do my best to use lots from the freezer and fridge.
    - Plastics – Continuing to be innovative with plastic waste.
    - Utilities – Still in switch off and unplug mode. My DD is like the power police:rotfl: if she sees anything not in use it's switched off and unplugged.
    - Money – Still focusing on reducing spending and aiming to be within budget at the end of the month.

Invest in yourself
    - Do something every single day that makes you happy.
    I had a catch up with my BFF.
    - Do something else every single day that takes you a little bit nearer to your long-term goals (and now is a good time to set some, if you don’t have any…)
    I've been to spin this evening and I've started a food dairy to keep me on track.
    - Learn a new skill or re-start an old one.
    Still thinking.
    - Can you grow any food this year?
    My basil plant is surviving. I need to think of a few more easy to grow plants.

Needs not wants
    - We all know Martin’s mantra. Be consistent in applying it. Learn to distinguish between what you truly need and what you want to have now and simply cannot ever live without…
    Focusing on the needs. I'm determined to get to the end of the month without spending on the wants.
    - Appreciate what you have and enjoy it.
    I am grateful for escaping to the gym, DD helping out around the house, a productive day and the sunshine.

Simplicity

-Put routines in place that keep your life running smoothly and make things automatic.
    I am going to work on a beauty routine.
    - Simplify your stuff. Just get rid of the unnecessary stuff. Donate it to a charity shop. Freecycle it. Give it to friends and neighbours.
    I have decluttered a few more bits for recycling.
    - Make space for yourself.
    I tidied and reorganised my bedroom at the weekend.
    - Cut out the extra noise in your life. This might be computer games, the Interweb, tv, radio, certain people. Allow yourself peace and quiet to simply be.
    I've decided on an early as I've a busy day tomorrow.
    - Be frugal in your needs.
    I haven't purchased any cleaning products or clothes.
    12/15 NSDs.
    11/12 Lunch to work.
    No vending machines purchases.

Good night. Xx
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Toni'sfriend I pack so much into one day by having two days either side where I can do nothing at all (but sleep or groan and take painkillers):rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Slept in chunks with a chunk of reading in the middle of the night. Woke to confusion because the laptop, alarm and church clock were telling different times. My phone rang, I could hear it but not see it. Worked out that the alarm is due a new battery and church clock has probably been stopped ahead of the weekend change - the only two men who knew how to do it properly had a leg chopped off and a heart attack respectively and weren't able to get up the tower to teach anyone else, so the current incumbent stops it ahead of time then restarts it when it reaches the correct (new time) on Sunday.

Found phone, packed lots of paperwork, bought milk, bread and a walnut cake for mum, then phoned for a taxi. Unpacked the shopping and put the paperwork on the dining room table, ate, wrote Mothering Sunday card and put present inside, lay down on mum's bed to stretch my aching limbs and fell asleep until nearly 7pm.

Mum had quizzed me on all my appointments (when, where and what for) and by the time I woke up had worked herself into a tizzy, convinced that the sleep monitor was in fact testing my heart. Yes it will need to monitor my heart and lungs and probably brain waves, because they want to find out what's happening when I'm sleeping/ lying awake coughing.

Put bins out, gathered garden waste, repacked all the paperwork (that's tomorrow and Thursday spoken for) and the food I'd taken for me (eaten one pot of sandwich filling, spread on six mini wraps, to do 2 meals, phoned for a taxi.

Sat down in the front room (on the guest bed as 'my' couch is still covered in stuff) until I felt okay to put my bins out - used a broom as a walking stick to get back to the house, brought the dried washing in with me. Put food in the fridge, picked up my book and a bottle of tap water and asked DS3 to bring the bags up later.

Today I am grateful for good weather, good books and a good rest.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

SFD yesterday on vaccinating one dog and chippy tea! Had an evening off work, had started at 7.40am and finished at 5.20pm with no break. No dog walking as it was dark by the time we got back from the vets.

Grateful for a lovely kind vet, chocolate at work, friendly students and getting a few things sorted at work. Today I have 2 whole non contact hours! Although I do have 3 meetings to fit into them. Aiming to come home at a reasonable time and have another nice walk.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure