NST March 2019: WINS against the debt

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Life without dreams is like a garden without flowers.

Be your amazing, gorgeous beautiful self. Stand in your sparkle and dare to dream big.

NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    Enjoy your date speky, what on earth is axe throwing?
    Imagine a game of darts, except the target is like triple the size of a normal dart board and your not throwing arrows, but axes. It looks good fun, at least in our eyes.
    Before you know it, you'll own a smallholding and be chopping up your own firewood! It sounds great fun!
    As much as I am city lad who loves the hustle bustle, I wouldn't mind that at all. Still though, let's not get ahead of ourselves. We've no idea how good I am yet!

Yesterday was a NSD, taking me to a shocking 9 for the month. Today, given it's date night, will not be. Already spent £6.76 on my taxi into work, I expect £3 or so for my tram and then whatever we spend drinks and/or food. With it being a school night, I won't be a late one so costs won't get out of hand.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NSD 15/15

Walked long way to the shops to collect my prescription and bought some vegetables to make soup for the Boy's lunches. I'm away for most of April so I'll have a cookathon on Saturday.

I haven't been sleeping well recently. I have a long standing condition which causes totally blocked sinuses from time to time and it's particularly bad at the moment for some reason especially at night. This causes my asthma to flare up and it makes me feel really miserable. I have spent the whole afternoon asleep to make up for last night. Hope the medication kicks in soon.

Just about to put a fish pie together. Himself made the mash whilst I was asleep. He's a treasure really.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'll do April if you like.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    Options
    Heating off all day today, washing dried on the line too which makes me happy.

Have run today and walked the dog. Grocery shop arrived and is all packed away. Not much else going on here.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    oh yes please dolly
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for volunteering for April Dolly :D
    Another busy couple of days - cannot seem to keep up with myself but I'm so grateful for the lighter nights and mornings now. It makes things a bit easier.
    I had a long and expensive appointment with my solicitor this morning - almost ready to send all the documents into the court. Still not sure if there's an end in sight but at least things are still moving, albeit very slowly and very expensively.
    Work is busy and I am counting down the days until the Easter hols so I can hopefully catch up with things then.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Would have been a NSD but the new dates were out for next term when I took DS3 to his swimming lesson - so I booked and paid for those :) (Not that I'm too fussed on NSDs for me :))

Got my invigilating money, so have transferred that to the Florida Fund. Also fully repaid the Tax Credits bill we received earlier this week - could have set it for monthly repayments, but decided to take it out of savings, as I'd rather it be gone!

Put 2 things in CS bag which I had planned to flebay but decided it wasn't worth it and I'd rather have it donated/ gift-aided instead :)

Thankful for: ice on car melting before school run no 1, watching and listening to birds in the garden, OH coming home a day early (ok - he won't be home until 9pm, but he will be here tonight instead of tomorrow evening!), sorting our energy provider switch (and the cashback already tracking!), my mum picking up a load of post from my Nan's which has negated some pending tasks (yippee!), having a plan for various things tomorrow :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you, dolly!

Today I am grateful for my place of work, for lovely colleagues, for the robin who visits our garden, for dropping off another bag to the ch shop, for dh thinking he can fix the washing machine (tho needs to order parts, so may be several days yet...), for getting a workout done, for dd passing her taekwondo grading with an A.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Lovelifeloveliving
    Options
    Hi all,

Dolly Thank you for volunteering to run April.
    Speky Have fun on your date, certainly sounds exciting.

Just a quick post. I'm busy at work and feeling a little tired from the early mornings.
    Chipping away, no spend day yesterday and today :). Lunch to work yesterday and today.
    I'm grateful for the sunshine today, 16 degrees, a busy but productive day, my comfy bed and DP's company.

Good night all. Xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport