NST March 2019: WINS against the debt

Options
1383940414244»

Comments

• Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    apple muncher - Thanks for running the March challenge.
    Yesterday was a spend day. Had the hairdresser around to do my hair. Got a few treats also. Walked to and from the park - did walked the park run. Also walked to and from the local bus garage as they had some buses which stopped running in 1979.
    Went to my Mum's grave today. When I came back went for 2 laps round the park. Changed my route just slightly. Going to spend the rest of the day chilling out, but going to do a small amount of housework.
    Still using up what I have already in. Been mindful about waste.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NSD 17/15

We didn't go out as there is a football match on here and we really didn't want to get caught in the crowds. Not the nicest experience.

Thank you, Apple for the challenge. I did not too badly. I love these challenges. They focus the mind. I won't be able to take part in April as we are on holiday for most of the month. But in true MSE fashion we will have a wonderful time without wasting money.

Have a lovely Mother's Day everyone and good luck with April.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you, apple, for March's challenge - see you all over on the April thread x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for a good session at kids klub, for dh getting hold of what he thinks should be what he needs to mend the wash machine, for a chat with some people in Spanish, for dd sorting out some of her books, for taking photos for gumt for after our hols, for the sun coming out, for dh cooking my tea, for sorting out the failing hems on my work trousers.

Thank you to all turtles who have journeyed through March with me. See you in April!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thankyou apple, for a fabulous March thread.
    I confess to being a bit neglectful of my finances over the month - but only because I was so busy for much of it, and things changed again with the debt/legals and work has been tough.
    However, I have survived it and have enjoyed a peaceful weekend with my family.
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you for the thread and quotes Apple, they really have kept me going, even if I haven’t managed to stick to the whole plan :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • GlendaSugarbean
    Options
    Thank you Apple for March's thread. I've been reading along but a bit all over the place MSE wise. Back onto it in April :).
  • Shrewbie
    Shrewbie Posts: 729 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks so much for running March, Apple!

I finished on NSD 14/15. Will try better in April! Although it's the Easter hols!!
    Student loan £5849
    House deposit €18K/€40k
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family